• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy ALD-52 Thread - Part 2 "Aciityl Aciiiid"

I don't think it's necessarily rocket science, but yes it does require doing a decent job of one reaction. The materials are not super easy to come by as they are also used for making heroin, well one major one that is. It is definitely speaking relatively: for some idiot it is too much to ask, but compared to making LSD it is some steps less demanding. ALD and 1P are legal in some places in the world though, like here... so I really wouldn't say it is pointless.

Does anyone have experience with these 125ug blotters?

I have tried out ALD-52 before from a trustworthy vendor and I couldn't discern any taste other then the paper itself. Those blotters were smaller, dosed at 100ug, and had no color printing or stains. The high was noticeably different as well, but that could be a problem with my perception.

My theory is the bitter taste and different high is probably a result of shoddy paper, color ink, uneven laying, and my warped expectations of what RC vendor blotters should look and taste like. I believe the resulting paranoia altered my trip.

Was I right to worry? I have a test kit coming in the mail either way for peace of mind.

if its any consolation, my tabs have the yellow spotting too (and they're a completely different blotter than yours) and the yellow spotting seems to be a very common theme with ald52. And my Ehrlich test came back positive for an indole from a reputable dealer (all signs point to no BS here). I will be tasting it tonight and ill report back with my experience with flavor.

Last edited by a moderator:
renegade-

I had my medical marijuana card for many years, and had many trips absolutely no problem. Randomly one day I hit a bowl and *boom* panic attack. weed has never been the same for me (even now 3 years later).

The anxiety I experience on mj is identical to intensity of preflight dmt anxiety

I'll echo that the yellow spotting is totally normal.

if its any consolation, my tabs have the yellow spotting too (and they're a completely different blotter than yours) and the yellow spotting seems to be a very common theme with ald52. And my Ehrlich test came back positive for an indole from a reputable dealer (all signs point to no BS here). I will be tasting it tonight and ill report back with my experience with flavor.

I appreciate that. Looking forward to your perspective

production/vendor discussion

Just because ALD-52 had been produced a few times in a pharmaceutical lab in Switzerland does not make detailed synth instructions easily available to the average chemist without raising suspicion. Even if you did know the synth in theory, would you really want to risk ruining a perfectly good batch of LSD by trying something very few people had ever done before and you might not even be able to sell afterwards? There was little to no market at the time for ALD-52 because no one had ever tried it and not a lot of people had even heard of it. I could see a chemist making a small batch of it for personal use, but I just can't see the profit in putting it on the street.

Most LSD manufacturers actually understand chemistry and at least some of them would be capable of making ALD-52 even without access to a recipe for it. I don't think ALD-52 has been mass produced and distributed widely, but I would think that a lot of LSD chemists would be interested in making small amounts just to try it out. Skinner and Pickard supposedly made ALD-52, LSZ, and a lot of other uncommon psychedelics. Nick Sand made sec-butyl-lysergamide and isobutyl-lysergamide.

If ALD-52 or other lysergamides had been widely sold as LSD, we would know about it. ALD-52 is distinguishable from LSD in lab tests, but hasn't been seen until it was available on the RC market.

Absolutely zero detectable flavor here... well, except maybe the taste of paper :)

All I can say about this compound. This is just damn good cid. A half tab is equal to a whole of "street" cid tab. I really hope this stays around for a while but I recommend stocking up just in case..

Test kit came in. I decided to hit the blotters with both the Ehrlich and Marquis for safeties sake and for the experience.

Very slight color change from the Ehrlich. It took 20 or so minutes to notice any change at all at room temperature. From what I understand, ALD-52 itself will not produce a color change with the Ehrlich unless it undergoes hydrolysis into LSD. It is my entirely unprofessional speculation that some of the ALD-52 on the blotter has degraded, either in the presence of the liquid reagent itself, or during shipping/storage. Currently (about 30 minutes later) the tab appears to be a very light purple. The color of the liquid itself has not undergone any change yet.

The Marquis seems to react with the blotter which is a bit unusual from what I have read. Small areas of the blotter corresponding with the ink changed to a dark red/purple which has stained the liquid and the whole blotter a light purple/pink color. The first and most obvious thought was that it may be the ink causing the reaction so I cut off a section with no printing on it to test with. The results were far less dramatic, but there was still some change. A few small but highly concentrated specks of purple appeared and stained the liquid. Cause for concern until I realized just how shoddy the print job on these blotters are. There are stray specks of ink all over them.

I'm pretty sure I got what I paid for and that I'm overthinking it. Still, I think I'll be taking these blotters orally instead of sublingual for peace of mind. The high wasn't significantly longer or shorter then my previous experience with the substance so I think its fairly unlikely that this substance (if it's not ALD-52) is orally active.

Absolutely zero detectable flavor here... well, except maybe the taste of paper :)

All I can say about this compound. This is just damn good cid. A half tab is equal to a whole of "street" cid tab. I really hope this stays around for a while but I recommend stocking up just in case..

Thanks for reporting back. Seems like any data on ALD-52 is valuable data.

Very slight color change from the Ehrlich. It took 20 or so minutes to notice any change at all at room temperature. From what I understand, ALD-52 itself will not produce a color change with the Ehrlich unless it undergoes hydrolysis into LSD. It is my entirely unprofessional speculation that some of the ALD-52 on the blotter has degraded, either in the presence of the liquid reagent itself, or during shipping/storage.

Given that an Ehrlich test doesn't change color in the presence of LSD, but rather in the presence of an Indole, we might hesitate to consider the delayed color change of ALD-52 in an Ehrlich test as evidence of ALD-52's degradation into LSD. That said, this may very well be the case when ALD-52 is exposed to the acidic conditions of an Ehrlich test, but if ALD-52 alternately degraded into 5-HTP, it seems we would see an identical result.

For the record my tab produce a light violet color with ehrlichs and also took around 20 minutes at room temp. I did use a whole tab and maybe 3 drops of the ehrlich. I dosed sublingually and I got hints at about 40 minutes, and started the journey. I peaked at about 3 hour mark and the trip significantly tapered off at about 6 hours, barely feeling it anymore. keep in mind I'm a rather large male (6' 225 lbs) and I only had a half tab on a full stomach. a friend of mine took the same dose with me and he's of a smaller stature, and had identical effects (but also on a full stomach. he's roughly 5'9" 160lbs).

The peak was glorious however, laughing so damn hard we couldn't see through our tears, but we weren't having any "hallucinations" at this dose but strong psychedelia. Today I have a nasty hangover, consisting of a very sore face from smiling for 5 hours straight and tense abs from laughing harder than I have in years :)

We both concluded this is absolutely identical to LSD at this dose and would expect that not to change with increased dose.

if ALD-52 alternately degraded into 5-HTP, it seems we would see an identical result.
Hmm interesting. You mean ald could also degarde into 5-htp? It might explain a smoother trip.
Another question, what would be the metabolic conditions that influences the conversion of ald into lsd and 5-htp?

Does anyone know what the binding affinities of ald 52 are. I was able to find them for al lad but I can't find them for ald 52.

Hmm interesting. You mean ald could also degarde into 5-htp? It might explain a smoother trip.
Another question, what would be the metabolic conditions that influences the conversion of ald into lsd and 5-htp?

I'm not sure of the degradation mechanisms or metabolic pathways of ALD-52 under various circumstances, so I don't know if part of it would eventually become 5-HTP. Rather, I just meant that an Ehrlich test changing color and indicating the presence of an Indole shouldn't be considered proof of a compound degrading into LSD any more than it could be considered proof that it degrades into 5-HTP or any other Indole-containing compound that also causes a color change in an Ehrlich test.

1/2 blotter
just amazing - dropped and dressed warmly & walked 45 minutes through cold winter city to see a funny 3 hour matinee (Toni Erdmann)
Luckily I was close to the aisle so I could easily find the washroom which is always mysterious.
movie was interesting.
then back at home - it kept on going and going.
sweet ~10 hrs as good as I remember anything in the 60's,70's,80's,90's,00's,etc.

I'm not sure of the degradation mechanisms or metabolic pathways of ALD-52 under various circumstances, so I don't know if part of it would eventually become 5-HTP. Rather, I just meant that an Ehrlich test changing color and indicating the presence of an Indole shouldn't be considered proof of a compound degrading into LSD any more than it could be considered proof that it degrades into 5-HTP or any other Indole-containing compound that also causes a color change in an Ehrlich test.
Thx for clearing that up.

Do you guys think this might be good to take at a concert? Has anyone done this with success? I was thinking about microdosing it at a dubstep show. I'm not sure if that's the right place though, interested to hear your opinions... It was good for a festival but I like being outside if I'm going to be tripping out in public. Where I'm free to roam and theres lots of fresh air. I'm not sure if a crowded concert indoors is the best setting for this :(

I took a half tab of the 125ug blotter at an EDM show, I had one of the best nights of my life. Dose low, have a few cold ones, and you're good to go %)

A Cloud Cult concert in a small theater produced possible the best concert experience of my life after 1 and half tabs of 125mcg. Went for a 5 hour walk with the gf afterwards to work off the rest of the trip.

Point is: I recommend it even for indoor shows.