• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed Brownies using 1g?

Bob-bobson

Greenlighter
I've never made or ate edibles before but will get the chance to do it at home soon and am planning on getting pretty damn high with them for a concert.

Most recipes I see online use 3.5g+ of weed but I don't tend to buy it in that quantity and the batch I'm making is only meant to be for 1 person (me). I'm not planning on using any more than 1.2g (I've got 2g but I'm saving at least 0.8g of it for my bong later). Supposedly I'll be using brownie mixture (Betty Crocker which uses oil in the recipe) but that's not set in stone yet.

I'm also confused at how much weed each individual brownie should have. Some online say a little over 0.2g is enough to get you very high (allowing me to make 5 brownies) while others say they should have 0.5g to 1g (allowing for 2 to just 1 brownie). I'm not sure if they're just boasting or not. Keep in mind I've got a decent tolerance to weed but have never had an edible.

Don't even get me started on the cannabis oil making procedure. Every website I visit tells me something different (some take 2 hours, others take like 9 because they have to be left to cool) and usually it asks for 3.5g+ of weed to be used.

So are there any recipes out there for a smaller batch of weed brownies made with aprox. 1g of stuff? One that preferably uses cannabis oil and brownie mixture?

Maybe I'm being a bit stubborn and unrealistic, in which case feel free to recommend an alternative. But make sure it's a potent edible and that it uses no more than 1g to 1.2g of weed. Obviously brownies would be the best since they're a rite of passage for a stoner and I'm so excited to try them but I'm all ears at this point.
Thank you!

It may be tough to figure out quantities with such a small amount but you're much better off making cannabutter and then using that to cook the brownie.

yeah actually baking something with such small amounts won't be efficient... regarding the dose, I think this is something you have to figure out for yourself. some people get very high on edibles while others don't care much for them.

My recommendation is to use 0.1 to 0.2 g, simmer it in milk with a decent fat content and drink that. hits faster and more potent than baked goods in my opinion. for taste you can add spices and chocolate or cacao and sugar. makes for a nice tasty drink and is definitely easier than baking.

I've never made or ate edibles before but will get the chance to do it at home soon and am planning on getting pretty damn high with them for a concert.

Most recipes I see online use 3.5g+ of weed but I don't tend to buy it in that quantity and the batch I'm making is only meant to be for 1 person (me). I'm not planning on using any more than 1.2g (I've got 2g but I'm saving at least 0.8g of it for my bong later). Supposedly I'll be using brownie mixture (Betty Crocker which uses oil in the recipe) but that's not set in stone yet.

I'm also confused at how much weed each individual brownie should have. Some online say a little over 0.2g is enough to get you very high (allowing me to make 5 brownies) while others say they should have 0.5g to 1g (allowing for 2 to just 1 brownie). I'm not sure if they're just boasting or not. Keep in mind I've got a decent tolerance to weed but have never had an edible.

Don't even get me started on the cannabis oil making procedure. Every website I visit tells me something different (some take 2 hours, others take like 9 because they have to be left to cool) and usually it asks for 3.5g+ of weed to be used.

So are there any recipes out there for a smaller batch of weed brownies made with aprox. 1g of stuff? One that preferably uses cannabis oil and brownie mixture?

Maybe I'm being a bit stubborn and unrealistic, in which case feel free to recommend an alternative. But make sure it's a potent edible and that it uses no more than 1g to 1.2g of weed. Obviously brownies would be the best since they're a rite of passage for a stoner and I'm so excited to try them but I'm all ears at this point.
Thank you!

Those sites recommend you use more than a gram of weed in the edible-making process because you are not going to have the same amount of weed in an edible that you had had before you made them because some of the THC degrades when the food item is baked/cooked/whatever. This is why if you use only a gram of marijuana, you'll probably only have less than 100 mgs of THC in your edible.

Also MJ edibles' potency are measured in mg of THC, not weed, so make sure you know what you are doing. When you see sites that say .200 is enough for a great stone, they are speaking in reference to mg of THC. 200 mg THC is in about 1 whole gram of high-quality marijuana.

200 mg THC is a splendid dose for you to be the perfect kind of high in the environment you have chosen and for only you, but take into consideration your tolerance to marijuana, edibles or flower.

There was a person or group of people, either actual researchers or a rogue investigator, who analyzed the THC doses of different varieties of edibles at an edible MJ shop in Colorado. The people found that the advertised dose in most of the edibles were below or far below the stated potency, and only few were close to the actual dose. This is because edible marijuana isn't much regulated as medical marijuana may be, and so these edible manufacturers aren't audited for their edibles or punished if the doses are off.

So I'm guessing I should try out another kind of edible. Any recommendations for one that only uses 1-1.2g and would give me a potent high?

You may want to look up how to make cough drops or some form of candy since you are using a small amount. I grow my own and use all the stems and male plants from the harvest to make butter. Making butter takes like a whole day. I love edibles though

So I'm guessing I should try out another kind of edible. Any recommendations for one that only uses 1-1.2g and would give me a potent high?

You are probably going to need 2 grams or more to yield the amount of THC for your desired high. I would suggest making smaller consumables such as hard candies or gummy bears with the amount you are going for. Also the high does correspond to which type of cannabis was used. Most cannabis users who have consumed THC will adamantly say that it's always a couch-lock, but this just isn't true.

you're better off making firecrackers with one gram tbh.

Do this, or if you are not partial to peanutbutter, make a Leary cracker which is a herb that put onto a cracker, and you melt cheese onto.

Eat it when you have no place to go or nothing to do for an entire evening.

Depending on your tolerance and if you smoke often it may just make you sleepy. If that's the case just smoke or vape the gram multiple times.

Do this, or if you are not partial to peanutbutter, make a Leary cracker which is a herb that put onto a cracker, and you melt cheese onto.

Eat it when you have no place to go or nothing to do for an entire evening.

Depending on your tolerance and if you smoke often it may just make you sleepy. If that's the case just smoke or vape the gram multiple times.

He said he wants to make it for a concert he's going to

Yeah, pretty much. I just want an above-average high from an edible made with 1g or so of weed that I could eat before a concert. Is there no such thing?

I tend to smoke 0.5g a time when using joints/pipe. So do I really need an entire 2g to get a potent high from a brownie/edible? If so that seems like a waste of weed. I thought edibles were more potent so surely 1g in edibles >> 0.5g smoked?

I tend to smoke 0.5g a time when using joints/pipe. So do I really need an entire 2g to get a potent high from a brownie/edible? If so that seems like a waste of weed. I thought edibles were more potent so surely 1g in edibles >> 0.5g smoked?

It's not necessarily stronger than it is a different type of high. Edibles affect your body from the inside out, which is different from smoking which feels more "in the head," regardless of species. 200 mg injested THC is going to feel a lot more "detailed" and "connected to you" than 1 whole gram smoked. Smoking is foggy compared to the clear and all-encompassing edibles.

In any case, you are going to like your edible if done right. I don't know how much you'll need as I have never made any, but it's best to have just a little more than intended so that you cover not having enough.

I found a recipe to make a single, strong brownie with 1g. It has pretty good feedback in the comments so I'll try it out. I'll have 0.5g just to try it and if I feel like I can take more, I'll have the other half.

edibles to me have always been very sedating.

lots of yawning and such. sleepiness. i'd be a little annoyed feeling tired at a concert but everyone is different.

at the very peak of good edibles, i'm usually stimulated and goofy asf but it doesn't take long for the heavy stone to ride in.

are you gonna be drinking?

I'm not a big fan of weed brownies mainly due to the large amount of herb generally required to cook them. And generally, I just prefer smoking. A good friend of mine who doesn't smoke asked me to cook some brownies, so I went for it, not expecting much. Luckily they turned out great. One brownie got me a nice high for a few hours, and two of them made him wake up the next morning still high. Here is the recipe, if anyone tries I hope it works as well for you as it did for me.

Last edited:
I wouldn't attempt it personally without an ounce of chron. It will last a long time though, I use coconut oil and the boiling method. I would simmer for quite a while, yeah. It is a process that requires patience.

I usually figure out the oil output to weed input ratio, and then dose however many grams and try to make it potent. I like to take at least a gram at a time and sometimes up to an eighth but my tolerance is really high and that higher dose is one of the only ways I know to guarantee trainwreck me for a whole day.

You won't even really know how much to take, you would have to experiment first too to see how you react. Another reason why, apart from time consuming, it is best to do this with more weed in my opinion. An ounce of chron will make a lovely jar of super potent cannabutter. Like you have to decarb the weed and stuff why bother for an eighth. I'd smoke that shit, pass that shit.

If you want to try something different next time there's a very simple method of making cannabutter, all you need is tin foil, a mason jar, some butter and a stove to put a pot on.
https://healthyhempoil.com/how-to-decarb-weed/

After you decarb the weed, put it in a mason jar with butter close the lid and put it in a pot with boiling water for a few hours, make sure to add a little water every half hour or so.

When I do this for small amounts I use a little under a gram and 4 tablespoons of butter which roughly evens out to be 4 light doses, 2 decent doses or 1 awesome dose.
This method is great if you are using good enough weed you really won't even need to add chocolate to it. Goes great as-is on short bread or butter cookies.