• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

?? ? THE SOCIAL CLUB v. Come Say Hi! ? ??

Just a quick q, would it be a good idea to move over to kratom to get away from the benzos? Cause I'm worried about the addiction factor of kratom.

While Kratom might ease some of the symptoms it wouldn't be the first thing I'd look into. Things like Valerian or Gabapentinoids seem more appropriate ime. Take a peek in the Kratom thread though or start a thread of your own if you fancy.

Kratom-Megathread-V-6

..and I'll admit I had to go make some coffee after reading your last posts. I had Red Mocha Haraaz over the holidays that was really good but incredibly expensive as well.
I will have a look at the kratom threads plus I have done some research so far but so much conflicting info and experiences. As for gabbies I have used it before for getting clean and recreational purposes. Just posted my own personal exp in the opiate withdrawal megathread. So I have a lot of exp there bouncing back and forth like tennis ball on a court. But that's what i love about this community, that there is always something new to learn or share to help one another out..

On the coffee note, fudge... Now I need a cup lol

That Great Gig In The Sky...

...use this as a platform to socialize, share your life story/struggles, and get to know other members of the community. ZERO tolerance for breaking any rule outlined in the BLUA. If you haven?t read the BLUA, click here. If people abuse the social thread, it will be sent back to the dark realm of the archive...

Yo Mo Fo's of the World! (First, I'm certain making that statement means I've already broken some BLUA protocol?? and for this I am deeply chagrined. I do plead for leniency, though. Why? Well, I am not one that prides themselves much in transgressiveness to affirm my ego, or for that matter, my existence. For that, what you see is what you get. I AM a voice speaking my mind. And at this stage in the game that is ALL I got (plus the link to the BLUA regs is down??and yes, it is my bad for not reading them when I had the chance to)). So, in short, if you're into an engaged-smart-witted-really-active-forum-poster, I'm not your guy. Definitely. If you're looking for introspective, in-depth "back 'n forth" forum banter, well... not so much that either. Yet, please know, if... you're already dissuaded from reading any further ravings, then it's likely you're one of my kind ??but chances are I lost you at 'introspective' or somewhere well before that & I'm afraid it's going to be one of those awfully long-kinda-tormented post & my true peeps don't tolerate that sh*t, well. Now, for those of you still reading??there's a chance??a chance we might 'get' each other. And what I mean by that is??I really have no f*cking clue... you tell me and maybe, maybe then... we'll both know. Lastly, if you're the type who simple dismisses posts of this sort for their not-so-pleasant-rather annoying task of having to assimilate more than just a few simple sentences... we're a whole lot more alike than some would care to admit. Peace be to you my long lost Droogs. Onto the gory details. I'm a writer (no sh*t) & contrary to what the majority of you extrospective-spacemonkeys would wager, I'm not in it simply to amuse myself, especially??because it seems that way. Doesn't it? Now, here I will take pause to address the Mutha- Terea's & the good-willed ne'er-do-wells who are gearing-up even as we speak to log some assumption as to my state of mind... more specifically, I suspect, in the form of your derogatory inference as to its influence. Whatever. I can't decide if I'd rather see 0 protracted replies for days 'n weeks on end... or read a word of that idiot banter. I guess we'll see. If... I've done anything other than spark your curiosity, then I don't deserve your attention anyways. I will say to those who've scanned my profile, I DO NOT live in Texas. But that's the best cover, ever. Deep-in-the-heart of. Neither do I live in California, but that is so where I'm headed. I plan to make the trek this summer or as soon as possible??zig-zag westward, all the way to LA... (but then why stop there?). Here's the thing, in March of 2018 I was drugged on a date by a guy who I fell for really quickly over the course of a few months. To this day I still have no idea what I was dosed with. It was 'psychotropic' in nature for sure, but induced seizures??maybe PCP (but that's just a guess I've got no practical experience with that one). Over the course of the past year, ever since that fretful day, my life has been a shear living hell. I am now estranged from my partner of 20 years (don't go getting all self-righteous on me now, we had an open & successful relationship), my non-profit I co-founded, an active career in local community arts, my two-beloved dogs, my inheritance and nearly every-so-called person I would've ever call a friend. The community I invested in for over 20 years, evaporated. Gone. Like that. Since June 2018 I've been habituating w my younger sibling, her two children & my dear, dear mother (not to too well) in another state where volunteer for another community arts organization. It took me nearly 3 months to be seen by a new primary care Dr. And then two more months for a med-provider. Meantime, I'm in psychotherapy twice a week. Biologically I've been changed. I had a pretty cush low-income childhood. I never dealt with evil shit or voices or heightened anxiety ur f*ckn' marked for death panic attacks. On Tuesday I see a Neurologist after nearly 20 trips the ER... and it's most likely I will walk away from that with a Parkenson's (early on-set) diagnosis. Now, that is good news. Because I can make sense of that... and believe it or not, that's made my world a whole lot brighter... it explanes what is happening to me. But there's even better news... you see my world view isn't about what the 'world' can bring to me, as much as it is, what I have to offer this world. And that, is the symbiotic relationship I'm looking for... writing keeps me sane, and well, yea, I want to save the world too... so to get out of my head I need to get on the road... and write. Because I know the story I have to tell, and I'm in love w/ that story... and it's a story the world needs to hear... and I guess I'm asking you to be the judge of that. Meantime, I've got to learn as much as I can about this beast & the DRUGS necessary to combat (temporarily suppress) what I suspect (more than, actually) is degenerative neurological. Write. Travel. Find the on-ramp to that Great Gig in the Sky in some random Hollywood Sunset... that's the plan. Speak to Me...

Sup all you fine nerds of Other Drugs?

Come vote...

Aww, I thought she was so cute. She didn't even run away when my head bashed into her web and ruined it.

I do think she's probably eating her mate there tho lol

She is beautiful in the creepy inspiring way that spiders can be. I didn't mean gnarly just in the ewww gross way, also in the positive surfer ''that's totally gnarly dude" kinda way.

I haven't voted yet cause I haven't been able to choose thus far. I shall consume an edible then try again.

How are all you fiends doing today?
I?m currently the black sheep of my wife?s family. I got into a fight with my my brother I law after taking about 8mg of Clonazepam. He landed a few blows but I didn?t hit back. Nope later that night I put a couple of nails under his tire.
The next morning he found them and threw me out of his place.
So my wife is rightfully pissed, and now I?m taking a shit ton of kratom and hiding from life/ but then again what?s difference to my normal day anyway
Hope someone on BL is having a good day

I voted but they are all so good it's hard to decide! That's a tough situation, Dr. Molecule. I hate confrontations especially with family members. I'm going through it with my sister this past weekend. I hope you guys work it out.

I'm horrible with confrontations too, I avoid them at all cost. Hang in there Dr, this will pass. Maybe avoid the benzos for awhile? Unless their needed, of course.

T, I had a hard time choosing with the critter pics too. For me it was a toss up between shadow's butterflies and CFC's spider, ended up going with the spider. I'm not surprised fubars pic is in the lead, though.

Hey all, just wanted to pop in and say hi..

I personally would have put a small stone under the cap you screw on over the valve and that way the air would have released slowly and there would have been no proof of someone tampering with the valve. Just a quick idea for future sabotage if you wanna call it that.

Either way hope all Bl's are doing well.

Hey all, just wanted to pop in and say hi..

I personally would have put a small stone under the cap you screw on over the valve and that way the air would have released slowly and there would have been no proof of someone tampering with the valve. Just a quick idea for future sabotage if you wanna call it that.

Either way hope all Bl's are doing well.
Thanks for the advice, but I think my days of sabotage are behind me ;)

The maturity helps, Doctor. It will make the rest of life easier.

It's a lesson I have too oft learned the hard way.

The maturity helps, Doctor. It will make the rest of life easier.

It's a lesson I have too oft learned the hard way.
Thanks captain, I?m giving sobriety another chance. I just want to be ok with myself. My family can forgive me if they wish, but I?m more focused on getting my head screwed on. Ive got a psych appointment this upcoming Wednesday, and I?m trying to make meetings (even though I think aspects of AA/NA are bull shit). I just need the support of other human beings at this point.
My wife is naturally fed up with my lying and manipulation, so I don?t want to solely rely on her for support.
Ugh I?ve been down this road so many times, I hope some positive change occurs.
Thank you everyone on BL! This is truly an amazing community

Thanks captain, I?m giving sobriety another chance. I just want to be ok with myself. My family can forgive me if they wish, but I?m more focused on getting my head screwed on. Ive got a psych appointment this upcoming Wednesday, and I?m trying to make meetings (even though I think aspects of AA/NA are bull shit). I just need the support of other human beings at this point.
My wife is naturally fed up with my lying and manipulation, so I don?t want to solely rely on her for support.

I think going to a psych appt is a step in the right direction. I recently started going back to therapy and I finally found a lady I click with. For me, it's just hard opening up about stuff that I just don't want to talk about if that makes any sense. I don't have much of a support system and there aren't meetings close by my home. I know it's tough but hang in there!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. We had a wind storm here in Michigan and I lost power for most of the day. I'm not usually here internetting this late. Really relieved my power and heat are working now! :p

have you stopped by Sober Living? There's a lot of caring ears and hearts there, going through all sorts of things too and it's helpful to get insight and a caring ear from such souls. :)