• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

?? ? THE SOCIAL CLUB v. Come Say Hi! ? ??

Love Cobain, and old school Chili's stuff when Hillel was still alive. That music got me playing some funky rhythmic kinda stuff and Kurt made me realize how raw and angry I could be. He had undiagnosed (I think) chronic stomach pain issues issues... I find that interesting and how he did so much heroin. Apparently it was really bad and he talked about it a lot, but that he'd worry he might have lost his edge if he had good health.
Been listening to In Utero lately.

^ Underrated-although Unplugged was amazing-they did it in one take, Polly with Cello added, turning an old song , "About a Girl " into a hit, a solo acoustic performance, it was amazing-the man was an artist; Staley was a better Vocalist with a more powerful voice, though Kurt wrote pretty much all the music himself, and had an understanding of melody that is truly rare- songs like Sappy and Do Rd Mi are Great also

Yeah cobain was one of the main drivers for the heroin chic culture in the 90s, (and now the semi return today). Man was truly an artist, although I enjoy Staley and Cornell much more.

Corey Taylor is one hell of a vocalist as well t.

I read the same thing that Shroomy said about Kurt's stomach pains -> H

I think this one is in his top 5

^ Underrated-although Unplugged was amazing-they did it in one take, Polly with Cello added, turning an old song , "About a Girl " into a hit, a solo acoustic performance, it was amazing-the man was an artist; Staley was a better Vocalist with a more powerful voice, though Kurt wrote pretty much all the music himself, and had an understanding of melody that is truly rare- songs like Sappy and Do Rd Mi are Great also

Underrated? I can't fathom anyone considering any of those bands, nor those albums underrated. The opposite, if anything, certainly overplayed.

One thing Cobain and crew had going were excellent taste and influences. Have met tons of people who didn't realize that their fav Nirvana tracks were either Vaselines or Meat Puppets covers.

He was referring to in utero not being given the credit of other albums such as nevermind... I think.

Yeah Jekyl man when he talks about it, sounds so awful it had to be bad. He couldn't really eat most foods... said he'd give anything for good health but was worried he'd lose his edge or whatever. Probably one thing that attracted him to opiates. I've heard him say I haven't had a stomach problem since I started doing drugs. That is what H did for myself, for a couple of years.
Hoping to get playing guitar again soon.
love in utero

Hey guys , I?m feeling back to normal but some days I still feel out of sync and some days I feel normal. I smoked a lot of pot and drank in my week vacation and now I?m feeling s little out of sync but I?m not suffering from anxiety or depression I just feel like I?m a little out of it. Is it because I used drugs again and I?m not fully recovered or are my serotonin levels not yet balanced. Ps it?s been almost 2 months

Hello All
Where is Scrof hiding?

So the parents get back tonight from a 3 week vacation, and I've been up all night trying to put all my tweaker projects back together. I will not have enough time.

But so I've jiggered up through experimentation to make a better-than-sulfamic-acid bathroom hard-water/soap-scum remover, which should be totally inert to tile and grout. So I"m finally making progress on the shower-tub tile walls, when a few on the bottom pop off.

Well, they aren't tile at all, there some kind of flimsy metal things, just glued on with caulk it looks like. This is looking bad, because WTF are they glued to, that's rotting out? Is that fucking drywall, an 8th-inch away from steamy shower water? There's more than a hole, there's a fucking gash where the drywall has just caved in and the water must just pour through.

I've been under the floor, don't see damage, which means all that fucking water is sliding underneath the tub, and explains how I'm not hallucinating on meth, the toilet really is caving in.

Nice, Dad. It's been slowly unfolding for years. He's recaulked it, he knows about it.

So, five "tiles" down, but every inch of caulk is suspect; anyone know a better way to attach the garbage bag than duct tape? Cause that's only gonna last like one shower.

Anyway, I'm frazzled, Mrs. BiTS, but I"ll be back to bitch about it all tonight.

ETA: I tell you what, I'm not about to bother mopping that floor that's gonna have to get ripped out, the whole fucking bathroom floor gutted.

Last edited:
As far as the dozen or so showers I've fixed, it all comes down to how much longer you need it to hold. Patch or new substrate cement board ?, spray tar?, silicone? Or complete fiber/ cement board replacement with mold remediation.

All fun options.

home-design.jpg
th
th

Just wait till you pull up the toilet:

I swear to Allah, it's like you got my whole bathroom spy-cammed (I'm flattered, btw). Well, it's good to know it's a standard cheap construction, and my dad didn't like, forget to add a "fiber/cement board". Oh, wait. Do I want to know how the story ends for that first picture?

So you're telling me that these walls are basically just a cement, with decorative metal "tiles" pushed into place, and sealed with grout? No real support, one fails, might as well have them all fail? I guess I don't know what else you'd do in 1960's-era US home building, just seems like you'd incorporate it a little more . . . formally, maybe. Like actually accounted for in the framing--"hey guys, here's the part that's going to suffer two steamy morning showers every day for thirty years. Why put some fiberglass shell there with an overflow path, just an extra sheet of plastic, for jebus' sake, when we could just treat it like a typical wall?"

Anyway, right now it's garbage bag and duct tape holding it together, which means good thing it's Friday, cause I figure it'll last all of one am shower.

See, I'd vote for silcone and just glue the shit back together, but that wood isn't gonna stop rotting.

Did you get your tweaker projects back together before the folks came home?

Sorry to tell you Scrof but when you pick off one tile/ metal thingy, it's like unraveling a sweater. Especially with the help of some certain phenethylamines, soon it's all dust and bedlam. Usually you have to go up to about the shower spout, add treated ply if not cripple studs too and then seal it. Then comes the cement board or cheap fiber board with chicken wire and thin set grout. After that it's mastic and the new tile of your choosing. A nice fine mix top grout and viola.

OR

If you're over it, call the one piece drop in liner people. They come out and measure, make some templates and a few days later you get one of these dropped into place:
cbl1.png