• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

MEAI ? What would this be? It's got a "NEW" tag...

THE_REAL_OBLIVION

Bluelight Crew
2,3-dihydro-5-methoxy-1H-Inden-2-amine

Am I wrong in thinking this could be related to the old RC that was around only for a little in the mid '00s, it's got an Erowid page, so it's a bit old heh, but it was referred to IAP ? Some kind of MDMA substitute?

5-MeO-2-AI. I might try it once, but to be honest, the unsubstituted 2-AI and N-methylated homologs were long acting, but jittery, tii much noradrenergic type activity and not what I'd call reinforcing. Not much to like about those two really. Would be more interested in tryptamine homologs of these indanes. Although this is an indene, with a double bond in the portion of the bicyclic ring structure where the indanes were fully saturated. Never tried a 2-aminoindene so perhaps better perhaps not. Hard to say. IAP is inDANyl-aminopropane, this is a more conformationally rigidified derivative I should think due to the double bond. What this amounts to in vivo can be answered only one way, at least, the true character will out after people stick it in their bodies somehow. The 2-aminoindanes weren't that potent by weight, not sure about the dihydroindene homologs though.

Although this is an indene, with a double bond in the portion of the bicyclic ring structure where the indanes were fully saturated.

2,3-dihydro-1H-indene, so basically indane. I suppose indane is not a IUPAC name just as indoline isn't, though in this case it's weird, it's as if the official name for butane was dihydrobutene.

Should have spotted that. I wasn't certain enough to say either way. Not after the sleep deprivation at the time. Odd use of nomenclature however. Won't bother with this one personally I don't think, unless its going for the price of a burger and fries or thereabouts. 2-AI wasn't up to much and nor was N-methyl-2-AI. I'd be more interested if it were a tert. amine in the hopes of some psychedelic activity.

[snip] i really have hard time deciphering half of what you guys say in this thread. i mean, since this is legal (still) and widely available and i assume people were able to try it by now, how about give a good stable documentation of the experience [snip]
thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
i really have hard time deciphering half of what you guys say in this thread. i mean, since this is legal (still) and widely available and i assume people were able to try it by now, how about give a good stable documentation of the experience
thank you.

Well, this is a neuroscience thread, where pharmacokinetics are discussed... Quite a few people on this board are working in this area as well, so a more advanced discussion is in place. There are a lot of other sub forums where you probably can find reports on the effects of said drugs.

The subject experience of drug effects is individual and can't be generalized on a large group of people. The aftereffects are unknown and in the sense of safer use it is better to look at the kinetics since those discussed drugs are less studied.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want qualitative effects reports, stick to Erowid reports...

yes thank you sekio. i was a bit emotional when i posted that.

anyway, ill forget MEAI, all the sites that offer it ask for bitcoins and i dont deal with that, yet

so, ill move to experiences, but thats about it

Ok, had it now twice alone. Around 150mg. It’s really mild, makes you a bit drowsy and it all in all not that exciting. Had a really great combination with it and Ritalin, bdo and 3mec. But on it’s own rather uninteresting. Bot mdai and 5-iodo ai were both better. And you can forget about the unsubstituted aminoindanes they are just crap.

Last edited:
I see it's another compound professor Nutt patented as an alcohol alternative. The problem is that the positive effects of alcohol are quite complex with it's IC50 being different for each receptor it interacts with.

I THINK I have found a class of compound that will work, but it would take a lot of work to find the exact material.