• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Megathread V.6

^ This is kind of what I was thinking was more likely. I have heard the addition of non-active parts of the plant as bulking agents is pretty common. Another thing about this batch is that the color is different. While the kratom I usually get turns into a sludge-brown color when mixed with water, this kratom stays a nice light green like machta green tea powder almost.

I decided to give Kratom another try after being abstinent from opiates for over two years. I just gulped down something like 6 grams in orange juice, and it tastes just as nasty as I remember. My vendor had the foresight to include a sample of "Ginger Chews" in the package for me, so that was pretty nice =D Now we'll wait and see what happens.

Edit: So this feels pretty nice. Heaviness in arms and legs, a nice warmness and relaxation.

Has anyone ever tried a Kratom enema? Rectal administration used to be my favourite method of taking drugs, regardless if it was stims, opiates, tryptamines or what have you. Mixing a dose with minimal amounts of water, and administering it via enema bottle is what I'm thinking. I'd have a lot of plant material left over in my colon though, not sure if that would be a problem. Alternatively, brewing some sort of tea from it, filtering it and reducing the volume by boiling. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I decided to give Kratom another try after being abstinent from opiates for over two years. I just gulped down something like 6 grams in orange juice, and it tastes just as nasty as I remember. My vendor had the foresight to include a sample of "Ginger Chews" in the package for me, so that was pretty nice =D Now we'll wait and see what happens.

Edit: So this feels pretty nice. Heaviness in arms and legs, a nice warmness and relaxation.

Has anyone ever tried a Kratom enema? Rectal administration used to be my favourite method of taking drugs, regardless if it was stims, opiates, tryptamines or what have you. Mixing a dose with minimal amounts of water, and administering it via enema bottle is what I'm thinking. I'd have a lot of plant material left over in my colon though, not sure if that would be a problem. Alternatively, brewing some sort of tea from it, filtering it and reducing the volume by boiling. Any thoughts?
Rectal administration of kratom hasn't shown to be anymore bioavailable than oral from what I have seen. If seeking a high dose/experience most would advise a strongly brewed tea to avoid most of the plant material all together. You can purchase extracts that would be a reduced amount of plant matter but for this substance I don't believe it is worth the effort.

Regarding endometriosis and other autoimmune or inflammatory disorders

Does anyone in the community use kratom to treat endometriosis? I positive it would help with the pain. I'm also wondering if anyone has found it to be a good preventative medicine for endometriosis flare ups (or other autoimmune and/or inflammatory disorders) or improving immune function in general?

I personally have been taking kratom daily since around 2014 to treat chronic pain associated with a congenital spinal deformation and subsequent degenerative disc disease, arthritis, and muscle atrophy. I began using kratom when I opted to leave narcotic pain management clinics due to the climate around treating pain. I love kratom and swear by it. I typically dose 3x/day at ~10g/dose but up to 15g/dose often and I prefer sedating red strains such as bali, borneo, indo etc

Ugh checking in again, your resident kratom fiend. Tappering is not working these days. Just having it around is frustrating enough. I?ll be fine my first day of not dosing, the 2nd day is when withdrawals start accumulating. Insomnia, restless legs, malaise

Regarding endometriosis and other autoimmune or inflammatory disorders

Does anyone in the community use kratom to treat endometriosis? I positive it would help with the pain. I'm also wondering if anyone has found it to be a good preventative medicine for endometriosis flare ups (or other autoimmune and/or inflammatory disorders) or improving immune function in general?

I personally have been taking kratom daily since around 2014 to treat chronic pain associated with a congenital spinal deformation and subsequent degenerative disc disease, arthritis, and muscle atrophy. I began using kratom when I opted to leave narcotic pain management clinics due to the climate around treating pain. I love kratom and swear by it. I typically dose 3x/day at ~10g/dose but up to 15g/dose often and I prefer sedating red strains such as bali, borneo, indo etc
Like all opioid agonists kratom would likely be considered an immunosuppressant helping to modulate the immune system. Could potentially help with flair ups etc. You hear stories of people claiming to not catch colds or the flu while on opiods. Whether they prevent these from occurring or simply blunt the effects while under the influence can be up for debate. As an anecdotal aside I have used kratom regularly the last 3 years and have not gotten sick in that time.

It helps tremdously with autoimmune disorders. My brother is a teenager with Junior Rheumatoid Arthritis and it works wonders for his pain. He has been on Embrel, methyltrexate, and adalimumab and kratom has worked the best in regards to efficacy:side effect ratio.

Screw it, I just took 25gs, and now I?m considering just throwing away a good majority of the 3ozs I have left. Tappering has not been working, just having it around is too hard. Oh well they?re probably going to ban it soon anyway.

Ugh, here we go for another round of withdrawals.
Edit: I need to be grateful I?m not going to WD off diloded or H, recognize that I?m going to be ok, albeit a tad uncomfortable

grapefruit and measuring kratom

for breakfast, i had a grapfruit cut in half and sliced
with 1/4 tea-spoon of kratom sprinkled on it along
with some bacon and lady grey tea with caffiene.
oh and some bud. and about a .50 alprazolam at 12 pm
last night.

the kratom gave me energy right away and i think i can
feel it already.

it seems like others do very well when they know the
exact amount to measure out and take. the last time
i drank some kratom i did way too much. the half of a
tea-spoon looked terrifying to me this time so i went
with the 1/4 instead. it seems like alot of others can
take alot of kratom and it has no effect.

i am still trying to find the correct amount for me to
get energy by helping with my pain levels if that is
even possible.

the grapefruit was really good and i squeezed the juice
with the last bit of kratom and it seems relaxing so far.

i guess i should have just taken the kratom by itself
but i am sure there could be other days.

i might be the first one on the planet that got a buzz from
kratom but i feel pretty stoned !

edit: this st8ll makes me nauseousand it is saf.

Last edited:
Hello all...well, here I go again with being addicted. Got on kratom about 6 months ago since I was so rudely dismissed from Pain Management. I was taking 2 30 mg oxycontin and three or more 15 daily. Of course I've been through many times of withdrawal, I don't know anyone who can handle their meds responsibly LOL. So, kratom it was... I know all about withdrawal and how painful it is from opioids. But Kratom being such a godsend, and legal where I live, of course my addict Behavior has now got me addicted to kratom. I'm going to have to taper down, and it makes me feel so much better. It's tough. I envy people who have little or no withdrawal from this plant, but I can't spend but so much on it so have to cut down. It's been long enough off the pills now that getting off the kratom is my main issue. I take at least 7 + grams four times a day. Anyway, if someone can help me avoid the withdrawal effects with some type of taper schedule I'd appreciate it. I suppose I could just keep taking it at the dose I have been. I have a pin plate and screw situation, from a bad accident with a lawnmower a few years back, in my right hand luckily it was able to remain intact and attached, but I'm left with chronic pain obviously and no accidents with lawn mowers ever turn out okay I found ... anyway back to the taper ... and it has to be a type or no cold turkey I thought I got restless legs from pill withdrawal? I get full on body restlessness, it's awful coupled with the body aches hot / cold and stomach issues that keep me chained to the commode ... I know to take Imodium, ibuprofen, all that good stuff. By the way, I just scooped the Kratom out and a heaping teaspoon is how much I've been taking at least 4 times a day. Any input would be much appreciated...thanks a bunch! ?

What?s the soonest you guys think you can take a dose after a medium sized meal? Some people say 4 hours, others say 8 hours... your thoughts are always appreciated ;)

personal I would rather eat a small meal before ingesting kratrom: seems no real noticeable difference besides not being gut hurt and/or starving.

I've been dependent non kratom for about a year. There's definitely a risk for addiction/dependency, but it seems to get exponentially worse with increases in dose. If I'm taking a few grams everyday for a while and quit, I'll get some lethargy and that's about it. If im taking 15g a day and quit, I'll get some symptoms of mild opioid WD for a few days. We've also gotten some horror stories from people taking over an ounce a day.

IMO, based on seeing many personal accounts, using the herb daily myself, and the current literature on the topic, kratom carries some risk for addiction, but it doesn't put a finger on pharmaceutical opioids. I even find kratom WD to be far less severe than tramadol, which is a schedule IV weak opioid/SNRI (although tramadol can be worse than many give credit).

What I tell people is that kratom is probably a much better and less addcitvive alternative to many pharmaceuticals and alcohol, but if you don't keep your doses or dosing frequency within reason, it can cause nasty WDs

Having had a serious Tramadol addiction and a current kratom dependency, along with many other things over the years, I find kratom to be pretty benign. It's turned out to be kind of hard to quit, as I do use it for energy in the morning and to stop what is either actual restless legs or long-term withdrawal from Suboxone (10 years) and before that a couple of years of Oxycontin. And before that, heroin, then methadone, but I was clean for about 5 years before the oxy. I quit the Oxy, Vicodin, and Tramadol with Suboxone, then just stayed on it for a long time. I've been an opiate addict most of my life, either on the streets or in a methadone program, so figured it was safer to just stay on Sub. It worked well. My doctor retired, though, and I live in a small town where there isn't much choice of doctors, and there's one clinic here now that uses Sub. So I got off it, but at the last was already doing some kratom. I haven't really increased my dose from twice a day, either about 4-6 capsules or a rounded teaspoon mixed in with healthy shake powder. I'm concerned about it just being yanked suddenly, though, and am trying to get off without getting on anything else. Sometimes I skip a day or two if I don't have to do much of anything, but mostly I'm tapering since I'm concerned. I haven't gone long enough to really get sick, that or it just isn't going to make me real sick--I don't know which. I live in a legal pot state, although I'm not that crazy about pot, sometimes I take it to keep me distracted from the fatigue and feeling of non-wellness that I do get from not having any. I have a bunch of other medical problems and am disabled, so aside from it just going away, there's always the fear of it damaging my compromised liver, although so far my tests are great.

curious if anyone has opinions on the stuff from headshops....

like is it usually just kratom or does it have other crap mixed in with it? i'm on felony probation for 5 years - can't risk a false positive on weekly drug tests. this is why i've been getting actual products as opposed to powder from random guys online.

also is it pretty much the same as bulk powder bought online? been buying a bag with 10-1gram capsules of maeng da strain. i know it works cause i felt a nice buzz off 7. then upped it to 10 a few times... which brings me to my next question...

i take a couple days off but tolerance rising rapidly. barely noticed a buzz off the 10g last time. after going through 2lbs of poppy seeds a day for 5 years in the last of a 8 year physical addiction to opiates i guess tolerance is shot / rises back to "normal" real quick. that was a fun detox btw - in jail with a 14 stitch stab wound in my armpit and nothing but ibuprofin. so does kratom get to the same point as full agonists - where you barely feel anything but 'not sick' no matter how much you take?

is there a ceiling where additional amounts are no longer effective?

With regards to the ceiling effect:

If you look at the makeup and complexity of Kratom you will notice several antagonists nestled among the major alkaloids. I think this along with mechanisms outside of simple opioid receptor activity are what influence and makeup the ceiling effect as well as mitigate some of the more serious side effects that are found with potent opioid agonists like 7-hydroxymitragynine, which is 17 fold higher potency than morphine.

The phytochemicals isolated from various parts of the tree include over 40 structurally related alkaloids as well as several flavonoids, terpenoid saponins, polyphenols, and various glycosides. The main psychoactive components in the leaves are mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine, both found only in Mitragyna speciose. Kartom contains other central nervous system stimulants and depressants that can act upon a variety of neurotransmitter systems within the human brain.

The principal mechanism of Kratom's psychoactive action involves mu-opioid receptor partial agonism, and to a lesser extent, kappa-opioid receptor antagonism--relatively analogous to the drug buprenorphine. Other, less prominent, mechanisms of Kratom's action include: corynantheidine--.mu.-opioid antagonist, delta-opioid receptor antagonism, alpha-2 receptor agonism, 5-HT2A receptor antagonism, and adenosine A2A receptor antagonism. Due to the aforesaid pharmacodynamics, when ingested, most individuals report opioidergic and/or stimulatory effects.

As already mentioned, Mitragyna speciosa contains certain alkaloids, such as the 7-hydroxymitragynine and mitragynine that reportedly exhibit more potent analgesic actions than that of morphine and having reduced side effects--most importantly, respiratory depression--also a lesser addiction liability due to the presence of kappa-opioid receptor antagonists--relatively analogous to the drug buprenorphine.

http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PG01&p=1&u=/netahtml/PTO/srchnum.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=20180169172.PGNR.&OSDN/20180169172&RSDN/20180169172

Last edited:
Kratom is curing my anxiety?

I suffer from anxiety pretty bad. It's the kind that comes on slow and lasts all day making me feel agitated and uncomfortable all day...

I started eating half a teaspoon of kratom a few times a day starting about 3 weeks ago and I haven't had anxiety once. Every time I feel an anxiety coming on I eat a little and boom I'm cured...

Why haven't I heard of kratom being used for this purpose? It doesn't provide any form of high just anti-anxiety. It's like a weak pain killer and anti-anxiety medicine and best thing about it is it blows all the other anti anxiety meds out of the water if people caught wind of what this tree can do for us benzo sales would dwindle and people could come off of their ssris and other worthless garbage..

I would be worried that I might crap out my kratom. I think its better to just put the powder in your mouth, pour in a little soda to get it wet, swallow it down with more soda.

curious if anyone has opinions on the stuff from headshops....

like is it usually just kratom or does it have other crap mixed in with it? i'm on felony probation for 5 years - can't risk a false positive on weekly drug tests. this is why i've been getting actual products as opposed to powder from random guys online.

also is it pretty much the same as bulk powder bought online? been buying a bag with 10-1gram capsules of maeng da strain. i know it works cause i felt a nice buzz off 7. then upped it to 10 a few times... which brings me to my next question...

i take a couple days off but tolerance rising rapidly. barely noticed a buzz off the 10g last time. after going through 2lbs of poppy seeds a day for 5 years in the last of a 8 year physical addiction to opiates i guess tolerance is shot / rises back to "normal" real quick. that was a fun detox btw - in jail with a 14 stitch stab wound in my armpit and nothing but ibuprofin. so does kratom get to the same point as full agonists - where you barely feel anything but 'not sick' no matter how much you take?

is there a ceiling where additional amounts are no longer effective?
Obviously you?ll never know unless you trust the brand they sell. The only way you can find out is if you test yourself- but that discussion is leading toward breaking the forum rules.