• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

February 2017 Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. Sweethearts and Party Beads

Yep an absolutely crazy 2 weeks i've just gone through - to having a mini-OD on heroin and waking up choking on my puke then spending the rest of the day puking and the next 7 days in cold turkey withdrawals. Then benzo withdrawals.
Then throwing myself (almost literately) into an outpatient rehab, actually shutting up and accepting help, going to a billion different therapy sessions. Getting back into Buddhism and my vipassana-metta-mindfulness meditation, deciding today to go to India-Nepal-Sri Lanka for 2 years with my wife once I get off the benzos (opiates and everything else are gone for good - 2 weeks today and counting :)) hopefully by late summer, cutting my mega beard and hair for charity in a couple of weeks, taking up running, buying a punchbag and boxing gloves, getting back into painting, dabbling with the idea of going vegetarian.....This whole being straight-edge thing isn't so bad.

2 weeks sober (benzos aside which I am tapering) :) Feeling positive as I have a life to look forward to now. Had some really hard days but that is life.

Congrats to all of you and ENJOY being clean and what it can give you!

F'loki

Congrats F'Loki! sounds like your going for sobriety with all cylinders firing! good for you just be prepared for a couple months of not much energy and sleep during paws stay positive man it definitely gets alot better!. best of luck