• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

February 2017 Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. Sweethearts and Party Beads

That is nothing sir. Over a metre of snow here and minus 18degrees celsius.

At least people in Finland probably drive better than people in the northeast USA 8) people can't drive for shit back here with NO snow

Over five months of being in replacement therapy and even not using anything else except prescribed drugs.

Nice work MrRoot! Thanks for letting us know how you've been doing, always good to hear from you :)

It was such a novelty living in Alta (the Utah ski resort) for a couple months as a teenager. Like a house on the side of a mountain on the slopes. When it would snow, boy would it snow. There was one particularly eventful day with like 8 or 9' (so 2-3m) of powder that came down. Amazing snow to ski on, shitty ass fucking snow to have to shovel. I don't miss having to shovel, though at the time I was happy to keep the root from caving in...

I must admit I'm enjoy the relaxing nice sunny morning in LA today though %)

What>! More rain? When? Friday or Saturday? Noooo...

I wanna go to the beach without having to worry about too much sewage! :(

I wish I had access to (someone else's hehe) boat :( That would be wicked. Alas, it's been a LONG time since I new anyone with a boat (at least who wasn't a pretentious jackoff).

F/M/L/

WHY!? This happened last week too. Finally we get some rain, yet the gods continue to conspire again me and my plans for la playa! :X

lol :D

I am looking forward to the rain to be honest.

Going to have a shit day tomorrow. Wish me luck.

I wish I had access to (someone else's hehe) boat :( That would be wicked. Alas, it's been a LONG time since I new anyone with a boat (at least who wasn't a pretentious jackoff).

F/M/L/

WHY!? This happened last week too. Finally we get some rain, yet the gods continue to conspire again me and my plans for la playa! :X

Killin me bro with those temps! I have a 18ft bass boat my boat is 100% for fishing i wish i was there right now id be fishing, theres snow all over the boat cover and it was 16 degrees this morning!:X

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I'm irrationally nervous. :(

I tend to forget that nothing is real, nothing changes, and nothing matters.

Thanks guys. I'm irrationally nervous. :(

What is stressing you out?

I tend to forget that nothing is real

In the sense that everything is ultimately impermanent and conditional, this may be accurate, however...

nothing changes

If nothing changed, everything that is would be permanent and unconditional, which as your own experiences aging show you is not accurate. It takes a LOT of effort to maintain a material state that does not significantly change over time, a lot of narrow minded stubbornness to maintain a perspective that doesn't grow over time - I have seen how this in particular does not apply to you - and even then we all eventually grow old, sick and die. So ultimately trying to going against the natural cycles of life is a futile, unecessarily painful struggle.

and nothing matters.

I never too you for a nihilist ;)

Sorry if I'm being a PITA CH, I just know you possess wisdom greater than that kind of thinking belies. It makes sense that these kinds of constrictive thoughts would be attactive given your currently difficult mood state though.

It'll get better, not hat hearing this New will likely help all that much ATM.

Killin me bro with those temps! I have a 18ft bass boat my boat is 100% for fishing i wish i was there right now id be fishing, theres snow all over the boat cover and it was 16 degrees this morning!:X
When in the land of ice, go ice fishing. That was my mantra when I lived in New England anyway. I still haven't put the new rigging up on my sailboat. It's been riding around with me in my truck for the past two months. I need to just get it done.

Couldn't have asked for a nicer day today, although it might be chilly tonight while paddleboarding (full moon tonight). Taking a wetsuit and scuba diving booties just in case.
2s0xo4o.png

Thirty days since my last binge ended. I'm not a 12 stepper, but I do like the idea of "progress, not perfection." Have a good day everyone.

"Nothing changes" is a reference to eternal recurrence.

I just take things too seriously.

Today went smoothly though.

proud to say I'm on day 4 again. haven't slept since Monday night. but I am confident this time (broken record), I want to pursue my life's dreams. I can't wait until I feel good enough to go to work and make some cash to buy some pot. I'm through all the horrible parts but man I wish I could get some real sleep. I will not give up this time