Ketamine has LITERALLY let me time travel: but now I'm stuck here

Memories are not stored throughout every cell of your body??.. but mostly in the hippocampus IIRC for long-term memory although ultimately it is 'encoded' and 'holographic' in the sense that it relies on clusters, associations, connections, pathways to the parts of your mind involved with it. First there is working memory though before it gets transfered to long term memory.
Actually there is something called I believe "Manus Memory" or Manaus or something close to that, explained by Sadhguru which explains that our memory is stored throughout our entire body in each and every cell. It theorizes that whatever memory you have in your brain, your body has much more memory. He goes on to say that although we can't remember our great great great grandfather, his nose sits on our face. I slightly disagree though, since the blueprint of our body and body parts is genetically inherited through our DNA which I think is only possible with our brain. Like, our brain is the engineer sending out the inherited blueprint for the cells to make our nose the way it looks

I don't think that qualifies as memory really. It's more like information like what has been encoded in our DNA plus how we are "designed" through time and evolution. By designed I don't mean consciously but shaped by adaptation - some parts of our body are rudimentary, remnants of the past. And so it is with other kinds of information in genes, not only all are shaped by the demands on a species but some are even changed on much shorter timescale by epigenetics. That doesn't mean you can remember what your grandfather ate one day, yet things about his life like where on earth he lived may have shaped you through epigenetics - partially you can consider that intuitive congenital wisdom.
There are savants who can remember virtually everything from their lives but I never heard them recalling past lives.

You are wrong, the cells don't need the brain to get signals for the blueprint. The DNA is the blueprint and all you need is things like RNA decoding it. The blueprint includes self-organization of tissue. Why do you think you can grow organs in a petri dish? I assure you, you don't need to grow a brain in an attached petri dish.

I signed up to reply to this

Hey strange love I do believe you I signed up just to reply for this thread. I time traveled on ketamine s+ at the exact same time you did. I think the universe had to have the right vibrations at the time because I've had k before and never time traveled on it before. (reading the other posts just wanna say im not a troll)

The reason I found this post is coz I wanted to know if anyone else had time traveled on k and this thread came up top result on Google.

I think from my understanding of it is that at at certain time in your life you realize you can time travel and once u know it's like you've already done it and just watching it happen.

If I could travel back to 2010 I would have no criminal record but if I changed that I dunno what ripple effects it may have.

When I came back I noticed that everyone I know is suffering from anxiety and it wasn't like that before there was just a couple people who had but it was hard to remember the trip (I just remember leaving my adidas sneakers somewhere like a desert) but I swear things were moved around and the table wasn't in the right spot just moved about 30cm to the right. Also swim told me a story I was in and I had no memory of it they looked at me like how do you not know this. and the tv show rick and morty was presented to me, it didn't exist to me before I leaped.

Also I smoke cigarettes and noticed some would go missing and I live by myself so no one could have taken them except a future version of me.

I really wanna know more about this we may have just invented time travel if we can figure out when the universe has the right vibrations.

errr so this might sound a bit weird but I just got back from 2036 and I've made two main observations.

1. The ketamine in the future is proper peng
  2. It sends you back in fucking time

going to have another line and see if I can get this sorted out

Nothing like a good dissociative to really twist up a person's reality. Just check out the numerous iterations of the MXE and 3-MeO-PCP threads.

I'm actually originally from the year 3154, but I didn't time travel because of ketamine, I time traveled because that's how you take vacations in the future. Had to make sure to travel to before I or any of my direct ancestors were born though... you definitely don't want to break reality. WHATEVER YOU DO, avoid your self in this time. We're all counting on you not to create a paradox.

Wait, there's no current version of yourself, just you? What does it mean?? 8(

But yeah, I think overall I prefer this time, although interstellar travel is pretty damn awesome... the best thing about this time is that we don't all live underground yet and there are still trees.

Last edited:
Nothing like a good dissociative to really twist up a person's reality. Just check out the numerous iterations of the MXE and 3-MeO-PCP threads.

I'm actually originally from the 3154, but I didn't time travel because of ketamine, I time traveled because that's how you take vacations in the future. Had to make sure to travel to before I or any of my direct ancestors were born though... you definitely don't want to break reality. WHATEVER YOU DO, avoid your self in this time. We're all counting on you not to create a paradox.

But yeah, I think overall I prefer this time, although interstellar travel is pretty damn awesome... the best thing about this time is that we don't all live underground yet and there are still trees.

What you're saying is that if you were to meet yourself now someone could prove time traveling was possible be seeing two versions of you at the same place? And maybe even photograph you two?

Want to believe it but find it hard to, there would be proofs at this point otherwise.

My understanding of the lore behind this particular means of time travel was that there is no other version of you in the timeline you travel back to because you simply inhabit the past version of you occupying that space. Kind of like your consciousness is fired back in time linearly bsckwards down your own personal timeline. Or to put it another way, someone pressed rewind on the remote then played it from 2010.

Except with knowledge that you've time traveled, so not really just a replay of consciousness.

Anyway I was just being silly. I'm not really from 3154, that would be ridiculous since time travel isn't invented until the year 4675, which is when I'm really from.

My understanding of the lore behind this particular means of time travel was that there is no other version of you in the timeline you travel back to because you simply inhabit the past version of you occupying that space. Kind of like your consciousness is fired back in time linearly bsckwards down your own personal timeline. Or to put it another way, someone pressed rewind on the remote then played it from 2010.

Exactly, I just go (or went, idk even I'm confused at this point) into my 2010 self. Since i don't remember wtf happened I'm just left to carry out the same series of mistakes.

I wonder if there's any way to improve the memory of what happens when you're in a K hole?
like how benzos block your memory, and you can forget what happened while you were on them, maybe theres some sort of drug that allows your temporal lobes not to be sedated by the K?

either way I'm doing a series of experiments either this week or next week I'll document here.

If I'm not wrong about this time travel malarky (and I do have my doubts)
then my consciousness (me) travels back to 2010, but What happens to my body left in 2017/present day?

do I just drop dead? a body without a consciousness? would my body keep on "living" but be really dull, like it's been lobotomised?
or would the 2010 self I've just over-written leap forward to 2017?

so confusing... I wish there was a government/scientific body dedicated to time phenomena I could consult...

This is getting trippy so what the hell I might as well muddy it up even more. I just read the other day that some scientists are saying time doesn't exist. Everything happened already. Everything in the past is still happening. We just process things in our brains linearly. Everything that is, was, and ever will be just is. Not necessarily my opinion, but an interesting one none the less. I'll see if I can dig up that article.
Edit: http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2012-09/book-excerpt-there-no-such-thing-time

Dissociative abuse can lead to some fucked up believings.

I myself though after some crazy tryptamine+disso holes that I time travelled, or discovered the secret of the universe, or that I was dead... I was up there astral travelling, beeing nothing and everything at the same time. I've been the master of time, moving or stopping it at my will.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

But those delusions disappeared once the high was over and I was thrown back to reality.

If you are not trolling, you need y get some medical help. You need to understand that your believings are induced from a ketamine hole and are not true at all.

This is getting trippy so what the hell I might as well muddy it up even more. I just read the other day that some scientists are saying time doesn't exist. Everything happened already. Everything in the past is still happening. We just process things in our brains linearly. Everything that is, was, and ever will be just is. Not necessarily my opinion, but an interesting one none the less. I'll see if I can dig up that article.
Edit: http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2012-09/book-excerpt-there-no-such-thing-time

I read that article, and I'm really not sure what Barbour is trying to say.

The universe is a pile of disconnected individual moments in time... okay. But they are connected, and they do flow into one another, because as time passes, things change gradually and smoothly. A boat sails across the sea; it doesn't unexpectedly jump across the sea.

I challenge someone to explain to me what radical new idea Barbour has that all of us don't already realize.

There is a connection between change and time due to entropy, but other than that a lot of aspects about time seem to be coming from how humans think. Other animals can have very different perceptions of time although only timescale. All it would take for us to see things in reverse would be that everything we experience be put in reverse order. However this is nonsensical because memory formation relies on our 'forward' experience of time and obviously things would stop making sense and we would have no chance of survival.

I've experienced time going backwards once on LSD and nitrous oxide, it lasted a number of minutes and made me think I had gone insane.

It's very hard for us to imagine anything about time that is not normal to us, but if that ship travels in a straight line, what we experience is no more than one moment at once, then talking about extrapolation you can plot the route in both directions and your memory of its route depends completely on the order. The memory and 'current' consciousness are both products of the mind producing a tapestry of data.
That the direction useful to us must be forward tue to entropy and change may be "obvious" but that doesn't make it strictly necessary and exclusive.
To think about the subjectivity perhaps you'd need to consider what it would be like for very different beings like a potential AI. The only necessary reason it would share a forward thinking would be that the sum of its thinking would grow with the increase in incoming and stored data. But what about if it was allowed to 'think' but not record anything, and you start taking data away?

Last edited:
Ive followed this entire thread with some interest, and I still believe that the OP is having extreme temporal cognition issues from ketamine. His unwillingness to entertain that possibility is amusing, but concerning. At the very least, OP, you might take an agnostic perspective on all this. The anxiety cant be worth it.

All kidding aside, I agree that if you're not trolling, OP, that you're certainly experiencing a pervasive delusion. It doesn't mean you're mentally ill, but it's not healthy.

Eh if he's not healthy he is ill though isnt he? It just means it is not necessarily due to a disorder you can't recover from or something like that...
Nit picked!

This may eventually be 'best of' material, but on the other hand if that encourages anyone trying to jump on a joke it's pretty low considering the not too crazy possibility it is not one.

Ketamine is indeed - protovack - known to distort temporal and spatial awareness but only by messing with consciousness and cognition in a way that changes how you experience things that are in your mind already coming together in synthesis. It seems strange to attach so much belief to the same kind of effects if they are stronger and more convincing.
That would be the same as a drug being able to cause overheating, but if it gets past some temperature to suddenly believe in some farfetched idea that could also explain it but is enormeously incoherent with everything else we know about the world. Why is it not that you are simply getting dragged along by being very impressed + imagination and other things conjured up in the mind?

It's actually not that things cannot travel backwards in time per se - information may be able to travel back in time on a quantum scale, to feed back information about a certain state and influence decisions that may be made that have an effect on it. However, the limitation lies in the electromagnetic spectrum not having the sort of capacity to carry that sort of information, let alone some arbitrary 7 years, or the issues with location*. Actually the electromagnetic spectrum cannot be expected to carry anything like a 'soul' either which means that physics doesn't support "life after death" if we are talking about individual entities. (Attention: the electromagnetism would need to have some sort of interaction for there to be any chance of information transmission. That means dark energy is not a candidate, and by the way that may not even exist with very now potential fundamental information theories dismissing it.)
About location: I think this is a big problem if anything like time travel were to even be possible disregarding the paradoxes etc: why would you assume that you would arrive on earth in another time when the earth revolves around the sun which revolves around a massive black hole etc?
Indeed why would anyone who believes in reincarnation believe they would not reincarnate as an alien?

Last edited: