Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Heroin in Melbourne & Safe dosage

Scarlett90

Greenlighter
I'm new to Melbourne and will be a first time heroin user or opiates really. . I have a couple of questions,

Obviously it is safest to start with very small mg when first using. I plan for on using IV.

1. What water / drug ratio should I be mixing for safest experience. I.e 10mg h to 1ml water?

<snip> I've just moved here and don't know anybody. Is heroin in Melbourne generally safe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is heroin in Melbourne generally safe?

Are you really going to take seriously what people say in answer to this?

I'm sure someone on here can give you answers more in line with what you're after, so I'll be bad cop: Your post is a contradiction. If I understand right, you are saying you're an inexperienced user who wants to try using opiates by starting off with a very potent substance used in the most dangerous way possible... and you're asking if that is "generally safe"?

I'm the last person who would judge you for using drugs - even in a dangerous fashion - but I just wanted to make sure that you are aware that it sounds like you're asking random strangers to reassure you that you'll probably be safe in shooting heroin without experience. You need to be fully aware of how dangerous that is before you make your choice. Don't try to outsource responsibility to strangers. Do it if you feel you have to, but know that it's not safe at all.

All the best.

Oh I'm not asking for reassurance and certainly would take all answers as personal views/accounts and not matter of fact or guidance.

This is purely research, of which I've done quite a bit. i was asking more from user experience, have people in the forum found heroin in Melbourne to be 'generally safe', not in dosage or use, but I was more so looking for 'bad batch' accounts.

I probably haven't explained myself well.
But it is imperative I do it, so thus, the ground 'research'

Thank you

I have to say dude, starting out with IV use is a terrible idea, especially if you've never either used an opiate or injected a drug before. If you must start out with heroin, please consider snorting it at first. This will give you a chance to acclimatise to the effects, familiarise yourself with the drug and develop a bit of a tolerance.

Honestly, there's really no need to inject it to start out - the experience just isn't improved enough to justify the risks. Snorting it will get you feeling more than good all by itself. If you go on to become a regular user then there'll be plenty of time to develop a tolerance and then swap to injection out of necessity (and in the fullness of time, you'll probably deeply regret doing so).

Injecting drugs is a bit of an art form as it is - it took me several hours of fucking around with needles before I managed my first successful injection, and in the process I ended up going through several syringes, wasting a decent chunk of morphine and covering my arms in holes and giant bruises, and at that point I've been using opiates regularly for 3 years.

If nothing else, consider this from an efficiency point of view - if you try to inject your first dose with nobody showing you how to do it properly, you'll likely waste that dose (either by not injecting it properly, or by ODing and having to be revived).

If you absolutely insist on injecting it, at least make sure you have a friend present so they can call an ambulance if something goes wrong. Ideally, obtain some naloxone first and have that on hand - if Victoria is like SA, a doctor should be able to prescribe it to you.

I've only used Melbourne H once, so I can't speak for the quality in general, but like all drugs, I imagine it's mostly down to who you know. The H I have used has gone across the entire spectrum of quality, from great stuff which dissolved perfectly clear and would get me nodding on a half point (when my morphine dose was 100 - 125mg IV), to absolutely trash which didn't even dissolve properly and required nearly half a gram just to get me well enough to sleep. Most of it was somewhere between the two. The Melbourne stuff was somewhere in the middle.

Trying to get on from <snip - someplace dodgy> or wherever is a terrible idea though, please consider using a more reliable source, especially as a first time user who'll be unable to judge the quality of the product.

If you're planning to buy it on the street you're more likely to get chalk than a bad/dangerous batch, although I suspect fentanyl adulteration is gonna become more and more common in Australia. Melbourne street gear is pretty average (like 10 - 20% purity perhaps?) but if you don't have a tolerance a street deal will be more than enough.As above^, no need to IV your first time - I've been a heroin user on and off for 7 years and am yet to IV - if you can find good gear and be sensible with your doses (easier said than done) you may not need to go down that route at all, although it kinda sounds like you want to. Be careful.

Yeah, you shouldn't stary with heroin as your first opioid, and you shouldn't stary with I.V. use. Both are terrible ideas.

Thank you, I have used oxy a few times but not regularly or probably enough to build up much of a tolerance.

So info is appreciated

How did you go using heroin for the first time? I'm not sure why people on this thread decided to lecture you instead of accepting the fact you made up your mind about using and you just wanted guidance to be careful. I know how it feels. Keep safe, LittleTrees.

How did you go using heroin for the first time? I'm not sure why people on this thread decided to lecture you instead of accepting the fact you made up your mind about using and you just wanted guidance to be careful. I know how it feels. Keep safe, LittleTrees.

They decided to "lecture him" ie: advise against shooting up heroin for his first opioid experience, because it is a truly fucking terrible idea. He'd never tried an opioid before, and never injected anything. Why the hell would they advise him to go through with it? That's appalling HR advice.

I'm not sure why people on this thread decided to lecture you instead of

Bluelight is a harm reduction site. The point is to share information in a no-bullshit kind of way and try to minimise the harm which comes from drug use/abuse. The poster described a dangerous intention (ie. using IV heroin as a opiate naive person) and asked if heroin in Melbourne was "generally safe". I think the responses were just good sense, not lecturing. I also think the the person who posted was very patient and reasonable in their replies to other user's advice. It's a good and sensible thread all round.

I get that being judged for being a drug user is a bad feeling, but being overly accepting is not helpful and in fact can be enabling behaviour.

long time lurker first time poster...thought I?d post here. Been using smack weekly or so for the last 6 months in Melbourne snorting it...(though considering getting over my needle phobia as tolerance builds) been getting lovely hard white rock most of the time, does that match up with what others are getting? Only ask as im really isolated from the scene so to speak and have simply been lucky enough to stumble across a couple of reliable sources. Anyway cheers

Last edited:
long time lurker first time poster...thought I?d post here. Been using smack weekly or so for the last 6 months in Melbourne snorting it...(though considering getting over my needle phobia as tolerance builds) been getting lovely hard white rock most of the time, does that match up with what others are getting? Only ask as im really isolated from the scene so to speak and have simply been lucky enough to stumble across a couple of reliable sources. Anyway cheers

That's almost my exact experience victoriastblues for the gear i've been scoring from the same person this last ten years. My contact is a old work friend i did bar work with back in 2008 and ever since she has been a reliable source for genuine heroin that comes in as you said lovely hard white rock form and like yourself i too snort it. The smack i get always comes part of a larger order which means i get to use my gear at the same time as my heroin contact so i get piece of mind in that the smack i use is safe and not cut with dodgy cutters as my heroin supplier does up my deal right in front of me after she has scored her big 1.7 white rock to split with me, her boyfriend and herself. Once my order is chopped up i put it in a plastic baggie that means i can crush it up in the baggie between two bank cards.

If your smack is the same quality i get then snorting .2 will be enough to make you feel a bit sick in the stomach with really good gear always making you almost throw up after sucking the first line up your nose with that distinct bitter and sour taste good heroin has trickling down the back of your throat.

The girl that hooks me up has gone through two different mid level dealers over the past ten years. Both mid level dealers sold first grade uncut No 4 China white heroin and had reputations of selling the bomb when it came to supplying their customers with good gear at wholesale prices. Both wouldn't get out of bed to sell less than a gram to a customer.

I was lucky to be friend's with this girl who sorted me out as she or her boyfriend doesn't have a habit so i am yet to be ripped off. We both don't use the needle so neither of us have developed a physical addiction to heroin. The one condition of this girl helping me score heroin is that she will not sell it to me everyday.

But the funny thing about these two different sources of heroin my heroin girl used was that the appearance, level of quality and taste was unmistakably similar between both dealers gear.

I'm new to Melbourne and will be a first time heroin user or opiates really. . I have a couple of questions,

Obviously it is safest to start with very small mg when first using. I plan for on using IV.

1. What water / drug ratio should I be mixing for safest experience. I.e 10mg h to 1ml water?

<snip> I've just moved here and don't know anybody. Is heroin in Melbourne generally safe?

IME the heroin in Melbourne is safe. At least Melbourne heroin isn't cut with fentanyl like in North America. It's not that Australian heroin dealers have a higher code of honour among themselves than their American counter parts the Australian heroin major players haven't had the same opportunity to flood the aussie drug market with cheap and nasty fentanyl. Why that is who knows, i put it down to American heroin dealers selling their street deals in plastic bags branded with printed images like Batman, scorpions etc. So when a US dealer releases a new branded bag they sell a few dozen hits with super strong amounts of fentanyl in them to cause numerous overdoses and gain a reputation among junkies that they're new bags are the shit. Australian heroin is never sold branded.

What makes Melbourne heroin safe is how you choose to use it and how trustworthy the person you buy it off is, if you smoke or snort it and score through a friend of a friend or work co-worker who you know there is some level of responsibility on the seller to ensure you the user is safe. A mate of a mate is less likely to crush up some xanax or moganon sleeping pills and pass it off as heroin. Or at the same time a mate of a mate living in Melbourne is less likely to order a batch of fentanyl in powder form off the dark web and weight it up into .1 street deals to make a quick buck at the risk of his drug using friends fatally overdosing.

If you must score from the street the amount you buy should come in hard white rock form.

Most deaths in Australia from IV use of heroin occur due to dangerous adulteration, cases of mass overdoses among experienced heroin IV users due to higher than average levels of purity are rare these days.
If you insist on IV use for the first time i highly recommend you visit the supervised injecting centre in Richmond to have your first shot.

As others mentioned trying to successfully find a vein and inject heroin properly into it for the first time is harder than what it looks on movies like trainspotting.

Most heroin newbies start by having a friend introduce them to the drug first smoking or snorting heroin for a few months to built tolerance and then once they have found a reliable dealer to source heroin the friend or dealer will guide them on how to dose up a syringe correctly with sterile water and filters.

As for finding a vein it depends, if you have big thick veins popping out of your arm than it might be easy but if you have thin hard to distinguish veins drawing blood maybe harder than expected. Before any attempt to inject drugs you need to master finding a vein and drawing blood with a syringe.

But yeah IV is fraught with danger. Take it from me if you smoke or snort your heroin you will have less problems in the long run.

Most deaths in Australia from IV use of heroin occur due to dangerous adulteration, cases of mass overdoses among experienced heroin IV users due to higher than average levels of purity are rare these days.
If you insist on IV use for the first time i highly recommend you visit the supervised injecting centre in Richmond to have your first shot.

+1 on using the safe injecting room, we need to support that place.

Boku - Definitely sounds similar to the stuff Im getting! Quite hard but crushes up to a comfortably snortable powder. I probably also seem to hit the sweet spot with about .2g as I Tend to buy either a gram or half g with a gram usually lasting about 5 seperate incidences and a half bag 2 with a bit left over.

Also my favourite part. The warmth and heavy headed ness taking over from 2 min after snorting in addition to the nausea that youre just so comfortable you dont even give a shit about it.

The heroin that you get in the most notorious part of Melbourne for junk is terrible imho. You will get good prices but it's been stepped on way too much.
For the OP, don't get into heroin especially as your first opiate. Take it from the other posters, it's not a pretty world.

Yeah true well nowadays it's pretty much an open air market but you would know the city better than I do.
Can't comment on what it was back in the day because I was at kindergarten but old heads have said that was the place to go...or to quote cheapskates "smack rocks surround Footscray blocks and Carlton is the spot where they're known to lick shots"

I don't bother going to down there anymore, it's easy but the gear is useless. If your hook is decent then it's pointless but ymmv.

I don't bother going to down there anymore, it's easy but the gear is useless. If your hook is decent then it's pointless but ymmv.

Yeah i hear ya, why risk scoring on the street on the off chance you might get really good gear when the chances of being robbed at knife point or arrested and detained by police who will confiscate any gear you do manage to score if you are unlucky enough to be picked up just as you do the deal is very real.

Having a decent contact to score off and not need to worry about any of the aforementioned dramas happening is a god send.