• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: Firly Swolks Discussing Mitillating Tatters Fithout Wilters

Status
Not open for further replies.

swilow

Sr. Moderator: AADD, CE&P, TD
Staff member

Maybe when we're all old dudes we can buy a bluelight island together and talk to the sun.

Last edited by a moderator:
well, my father passed this afternoon, coincidentally the father of one of my closest friends passed exactly one year ago on the same day. when I was on my way to the hospital I saw an extremely beautiful sunset like I have never seen before. the clouds reflected the sunlight to form a beam of light straight up in the air towards the sky. then I kind of knew that it had happened. my sister told me that the staff at the intensive care unit opened a window after he died so his soul could be on its way. Also his heart was not beating anymore, but when my sister arrived, it started to beat again for a couple of minutes. amazing and mysterious stuff.

I got to see his body and could be alone with him one last time to say goodbye, which was crushing and beautiful at the same time. I will never ever forget that. now it's time to finally grief and reflect after all these days hanging in the air. I am grateful for this experience in a strange way I cannot describe. After a lifetime of mentally torturing himself, he finally has peace and I feel like I can now forgive him for his ways. He was a lost soul but his life was not for nothing.

Thanks again for everybody here who also supported my with your words and thoughts. Love you all and this place. Maybe it is time for the next installment of the social thread, as I kind of killed the vibe in here... ;)

^The next installment has been long overdue, I've been too lazy to make it 8)

My condolences for your loss Bagseed. Stay strong.

^Bagseed <3

I will PM you at some stage.

What a beautiful ending of a chapter of both his, yours, and your family's lives.

yeah it was a very significant experience, as beautiful and cruel as only life can be.

two days have gone and now I just feel empty and like I need to pick up the pieces and move on.

cream gravy, where's that new social thread though? ;P

I'm sorry for your loss bagseed, that sounds like a pretty profound personal and moving experience you had that day. While it certainly isn't always so easy, if you are able to eventually accept, forgive, reconcile that is a more harmonious power. Of course not saying we should just always be okay with anything, that is not healthy for a caring and feeling person either. Anyway, hopefully the end of his struggle and that of you two leads to closure and healing that can help you in your life. It's very sad that some of us are so burdened or troubled and become victims often as well as offenders. I'm compassionate to that, which is not to say I am okay with the unforgivable things people do. It helps for me to understand at least, that your enemy is one whose story you have not heard. I do still harbor some anger towards people that have wronged me (especially as it is not clear what their excuse is), but I do try to be compassionate towards myself.

It's normal that it takes time to mourn (even if not the typical kind, even if you had complicated feelings about him), to adapt to the change. It always creates some sort of void, and that is best or only filled with meaningful things. Adapting and finding meaning is still respectful. That is what my brother did when he lost a child. It's not about filling the void as quickly as possible and forgetting about it, but you certainly cannot do nothing to keep respecting the void. People don't survive that kind of thing.

The thread.. yea :) I've seen longer, but point is... that summer sausage is not looking too good anymore right now. Looking forward to the next TT, can I request some alliterative spoonerisms ;p

Last edited:
New thread obliged... including spoonerisms. In related news, did you know that if you Google for this phrase:

synonyms for "speak without filter"

Only 4 results come up from the entire Internet? And quite unlikely ones. Isn't that amazing? And strange?

Bagseed, it sounds like it went as well as something like that could have. Sorry man, you're in my thoughts. <3

New thread obliged... including spoonerisms. In related news, did you know that if you Google for this phrase:

Only 4 results come up from the entire Internet? And quite unlikely ones. Isn't that amazing? And strange?

Lol, indeed.

thanks, soli and xorkoth :)

and now back to more uplifting talks I'd say.

a math video I found interesting recently:

Wow, that video was great, thanks. :) Really interesting stuff.

Lol, I followed your google search, Xorkoth, and it leads to this text :

The core values that make up my worldview are faith in God followed by a lack of faith in humanity. I do not trust myself let alone other people and this is not a self-esteem issue, just my conclusions on what makes a human a human. Of course through God and His Son and Spirit I have many bonds of trust with others as long as faith in God is our foundational bond. It has been my experience and perhaps upbringing to expect others to come up short. Yet, the effort any of us make in being more than sinful is an absolute encouragement. In the end I would not summarize my worldview as negative but one of accepting who we are and who we are not.

Accompanied by this image :

behavior_iceberg_full_120626.jpg

Far out maaaaainngg

The core values that make up my worldview are faith in God followed by a lack of faith in humanity. I do not trust myself let alone other people and this is not a self-esteem issue, just my conclusions on what makes a human a human. Of course through God and His Son and Spirit I have many bonds of trust with others as long as faith in God is our foundational bond. It has been my experience and perhaps upbringing to expect others to come up short. Yet, the effort any of us make in being more than sinful is an absolute encouragement. In the end I would not summarize my worldview as negative but one of accepting who we are and who we are not.

Interesting quote, Img. It really brought up a lot of thought.

This is exactly how Christianity, Islam, and traditional religions get it wrong and enslave - a strong word, but fitting really - their believers. The whole original sin, I must be saved for I am a lowly human, my urges are unholy and I must have that which is greater save me, and on and on which prevents the perception of the divine within. If you never trust yourself, always see your thoughts as sinful, and look to the outside for someone to save you from yourself, you will never be saved. The divine in within, and it is up to ourselves and only ourselves to save us. No one can save except oneself. This belief in external salvation is a devilish machination that keeps it's followers ever-trapped.

Bagseed, it sounds like it went as well as something like that could have. Sorry man, you're in my thoughts. <3

That is - I think - because it is one of the many functionalities of google that it searches not the web but exactly for synonyms of the phrase or word you enter, not sure what the algorithm is that decides to include search results for just the phrase itself. I guess the normal search results have to be relevant enough or something, otherwise it will just look for synonyms and for your phrase they may certainly be hard to find. Phrases much easier to find are also automatically web-thesaurused and pop up in a box at the top, just like define "phrase". If the phrase you enter is just too nonsensical it will give you no results with the synonyms search string, but it will show you other stuff and say so.

Maybe the hebrew etc results that did pop up involve translation 'mistakes' or something? You might be onto a way to confirm the illuminati ;p

Hehe thanks for the spoonerisms. Spoonerisms are soo 3-MeO-PCP / MXE for me..

I want to come to the bluelight island! Dibs on the volcano, or dabs.

Last edited:
To commemorate this new social thread, I have taken 1mg of DOF orally. First trial in my slow work-up to find effects. I don't expect any at 1mg. But I also don't know of any reports on it besides a reference to speculation that activity might be at around 40mg. And that it might be a simple stimulant. Well, I'm really a guinea pig with this. I've had it for a good while so it's about time I started trying to see what I can see.

That is - I think - because it is one of the many functionalities of google that it searches not the web but exactly for synonyms of the phrase or word you enter, not sure what the algorithm is that decides to include search results for just the phrase itself. I guess the normal search results have to be relevant enough or something, otherwise it will just look for synonyms and for your phrase they may certainly be hard to find. Phrases much easier to find are also automatically web-thesaurused and pop up in a box at the top, just like define "phrase". If the phrase you enter is just too nonsensical it will give you no results with the synonyms search string, but it will show you other stuff and say so.

Maybe the hebrew etc results that did pop up involve translation 'mistakes' or something? You might be onto a way to confirm the illuminati ;p

I think it's actually not because of a synonym algorithm. The reason it turns up basically nothing is because it's searching for pages that fulfill both the criteria of 1) containing the exact phrase "speak without filter" (which, with the 'a' omitted is most likely not a common phrase at all) and 2) containing the words synonyms or for (but most likely just searching synonyms, as for is probably omitted). It's pretty funny that there's actually results in the first place for it. It's just a tough criteria having to contain both an exact uncommon phrase, and then a not soooo widely used word.

To commemorate this new social thread, I have taken 1mg of DOF orally. First trial in my slow work-up to find effects. I don't expect any at 1mg. But I also don't know of any reports on it besides a reference to speculation that activity might be at around 40mg. And that it might be a simple stimulant. Well, I'm really a guinea pig with this. I've had it for a good while so it's about time I started trying to see what I can see.

Good luck my friend :D

Status
Not open for further replies.