• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: Firly Swolks Discussing Mitillating Tatters Fithout Wilters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rightfully so, Img! Unfortunately he only played for an hour and a half or two here, but it was so good I didn't care one bit.

You know Xork, I had a name in mind for the new thread that was along the lines of "Psychedelic Seasonal Disorder" but I think yours is much better, because mine was kinda depressing :|

Solistus, there's nothing quite like love. I hope the best for you! :)

You're spoonerific.

Though to be quite frank I don't have a clue what spoonerific is supposed to mean.

Hopefully I have complemented you :D

I was too lazy in making a new thread, the title could have been mine! *maniacal laughter/crying*

Last edited:
Spoonerism: when you switch the first sounds of two words. Swirly folks = firly swolks.

Someone requested spoonerisms at the end of the last thread. :)

Ahh, back from band practice and chillin', time to drink another beer and read my book for a bit.

Finally took the leap of faith and sent an email to one of my university teachers about ethical problems of the research of arylcyclohexylamines.

I have a week until the meeting, I have to prepare how I am gonna present this. I think I'll show him vortech's book and go from there. Do you guys have any ideas?

My primary question is: how could we research the suitability of arylcyclohexylamines for depression and/or drug addictions in Finland

Hmm, I found this article from the database edit: Finnish research database, I know how much global research there is. This seems to be the latest and one of the few studies about arylcyclohexylamines done in Finland!

S-ketamine for the treatment of depression Psychiatria Fennica 46 (2015)

by Kaija Järventausta, Olli Kampman, Arvi Yli-Hankala,
Esa Leinonen

So there is already something going on!!

Abstract:

Ketamine infusion has been reported to rapidly relieve depressive symptoms and
suicidal ideation in patients with treatment-resistant depression (TRD). It has also
been tested in electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) anaesthesia and has been suggested to
enhance the response to ECT. S-ketamine is less studied than a racemic mixture or
R-enantiomer in these patients. S-ketamine is more potent as an anaesthetic and might
thus also have a better antidepressive effect. In this article we present recent
data concerning the antidepressive and adverse effects of S-ketamine compared with
racemic and R-ketamine in major depressive disorder (MDD), especially in TRD. Based on
recent literature, it is obvious that S-ketamine also possesses antidepressive
properties. In ECT anaesthesia, S-ketamine might enhance the antidepressive effect of
this treatment. S-ketamine may also be preferable when compared with other anaesthetics
regarding adverse cognitive effects. Its adverse psychotomimetic effects may be
avoidable when used in anaesthetic doses. Although the data on S-ketamine at the
moment is only based on case reports and expert opinions rather than adequate
prospective randomized studies, it still may offer an important option when treating
severe and resistant depression.

sent emails to 2 neuropsychiatrists

Last edited:
There is plenty of data supporting ketamine alleviating depression. Ketamine infusion therapy seems to be becoming much more mainstream.

I'd be cautious giving the recreational perspective though. Anecdotal reports from drug users may do more harm than good.

I dunno how well something like 3meo would go when used therapeutically. The manic effects being reported would probably be seen as clinically concerning. Manic state or hypomania isn't necessarily alleviation of depression but an 'artificial' state of intoxication. There's no doubt in my mind that it impairs judgement. MXE is something I can see being more widely tolerated, the stimulating effect is less manic and the dissociative effect is somehow navigable (its fucking beautiful too :)). Its design by our illustrious but absent Bluelight legend for recreational use may come with stigma.

Ketamine doesn't cause mania IME, and doesn't cause much stimulation. The dissociative effect is incredibly pronounced though and highly hallucinogenic which could be problematic for therapeutic use. But the MOA behind its relief of depression is solid and, given its decades of medical use, risk is well quantified with safety protocols firmly established. I think ketamine would be the most likely to be accepted arylcyclohexylamine* for depression.

I wonder if nitrous oxide has any such utility?

Good work xammy <3 Fwiw, I truly think these drugs can be truly positive in personal, spiritual and clinical sense.

This topic could be interesting in the main forum. I'd like to hear the general communities perspective on this.

*somehow the complexity and technical nature of that word really suits the sci-fi nature of dissociatives.

Last edited:
I'm more than willing to give the recreational perspective, I'm actually more interested in the effects itself than what happens in neurological level. Using the mania for something good, which is not easy. It will be a long process but I want to give these people a social psychological view.

I see the whole use of dissociatives as some kind of meta-programming of the mind.

I see MXE as better version of ketamine and again 3-MeO-PCP even better, the beast. So potent it's scary! Who needs a more potent chemical than active on 1-3mg level?

RC's that are this potent cause a lot of problems for noobs who can order this shit with just a few clicks. I want to make sure people don't die or kill someone because they don't even have a scale.. Just because they want to get high.

Anecdotal reports from drug users may do more harm than good. <- I see they're more than legit method for qualitative research

thanks <3

Last edited:
I'm fucking terrified with what's happening in the US right now. I'm developing an etizolam dependency because its the only way I can sleep. Trying to spread love to counter the tsunami of hate but I can only do so much.

I'm fucking terrified with what's happening in the US right now. I'm developing an etizolam dependency because its the only way I can sleep. Trying to spread love to counter the tsunami of hate but I can only do so much.

This too shall pass. Just live your life in a local scale. Focus on friends and family, do stuff that means something to you. Do what you can, but don't obsess or give in to fear. Because the fear is the point. You're controlled as surely as those controlled by the hate (which is just a reaction to fear). Your life can still be great if you focus on what's great about it. There's ultimately little we can do about it so by thinking about it all the time you're only accomplishing self-destruction.

Stop the benzos man, shit's gonna get a hell of a lot worse for you if you go down that road. <3 You're feeling a lot of anxiety now, but you can do something about that if you work at it. Telling yourself that you have to take benzos for <insert reason> is really dangerous, that's a well-worn pathway into addiction.

I took 30mg of temazapam today and I'm actually experiencing weird effects. My Vision is very blurry, my right eye is twitching, my arms are very shaky, muscles are aching, legs trembling. It feels like I do during pre-seizure syndrome but I haven't had one in ages (I do have mild epilepsy).

I was reading this as major side effect. Seems paradoxical though, benzos have always prevented my shaking and seizures.

I think I shoukdnt be doing this garbage given the hyper-acute withdrawal I went through some years back but I wonder if anyone has theory as to what's happening.

Of course, I'm not remotely anxious but I've never experienced thus before from temazapam. :\ Shitty drug really, I had ten x 10mg lying around for months, impulsively decided to eat. Throwing the rest out.

Would be weird if it was from the temazapam. As far as I recall benzos raise the seizure threshold. I assume you take epilepsy meds? Hope it's nothing concerning !

What's everyone's opinion on Tame Impala's album Currents?

Not sure I have an opinion really. Listened to a few tracks but didn't get much into it. But I don't really like Lonerism too much either. Innerspeaker I do enjoy, but I felt that in their latter albums the pop overpowered the rock in their psychedelia and I kind of lost interest.

Last edited:
What's everyone's opinion on Tame Impala's album Currents?
I think it's a fantastic album, best of 2015. The lyrical content on Currents really speaks to me. It's an album about change and romance, and the loss of romance. Really quite a gem. I loved Lonerism as well, with Innerspeaker being my favorite.

I had a real terrible night Tuesday. went out and drank a bunch of beers and then started taking o-pce when I got home. eyeballing like a complete fucking moron. mixed with etizolam. came to about 3 hours later awake in a dream, thought I went into another dimension, couldn't remember who I was or what reality is. I would have eventually been OK but I woke up my wife who couldn't get me to coherently explain what was happening and got me to agree to go to the hospital. had to bring the kids with us and told them I took some bad cough medicine. spent the night there, no one knew what the fuck I was on and I couldn't get it across. nystagmus so bad like I was on a carousel. what a dumbass thing to do. looks like I am going to have to trash my whole stash and earn some trust back. lucky my wife isn't leaving me which she said she would do the next time I lied about drugs. chalk up one more on the list of jackasses without the humility to recognize we can all fuck up. sorry I didn't treat this stuff with respect.

Last edited:
Oh man, that's rough. :| I lied about drugs with my ex for a long time, it wasn't good. That shit catches up with you eventually.

Hope this pans out for you man. <3

Does she not want you using any drugs, or just not lying about it? Ie, can you do them and it's okay with her, but in appropriate settings when she knows about it?

thanks xork. I dunno maybe eventually. we have had several experiences together and LSD is part of the foundation of our relationship. I don't even want to focus on that right now, I have just been approaching things completely wrong. I am going to chuck my shit and I am sure I will regret it in a few days or weeks but I don't think I have a choice right now. i have been looking for excuses to use irresponsibly and I need to get my priorities straight before I even think about what responsive use would look like.

thanks xork. I dunno maybe eventually. we have had several experiences together and LSD is part of the foundation of our relationship. I don't even want to focus on that right now, I have just been approaching things completely wrong. I am going to chuck my shit and I am sure I will regret it in a few days or weeks but I don't think I have a choice right now. i have been looking for excuses to use irresponsibly and I need to get my priorities straight before I even think about what responsive use would look like.

Good luck and good for you, man. That is always a worthy road to travel!

Status
Not open for further replies.