• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: Firly Swolks Discussing Mitillating Tatters Fithout Wilters

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 88-key electric piano (it's really nice) has 7 white keys not working now. I'm gonna have to get it fixed, or learn how to fix it myself, as well.

I'm not sure why, but lately I've had a real desire to leave my neurotransmitters alone for a change.

I think that after spending so many years trying to alter my brain chemistry, I'm starting to realize that it didn't work all that badly to begin with. After 20+ years of alcohol, antidepressants, benzos, opioids, amphetamines and a host of others (DXM, diphenhydramine, phenibut, kava, etc), I don't even remember how it feels to be "me" anymore... or what that even means.

My latest binge was on a combination of Vyvanse (basically time-released speed), Ativan (a benzo) and alcohol. They kept me awake in a sort of zombie-like state for almost 4 days straight until I was pretty much tripping balls. I thought that my bedroom furniture was mocking me, my house was merging with the one next door and the trees outside were talking to me!

(Anybody who knows me will understand that this is COMPLETELY unlike me. I may be eccentric, but I've never been delusional!) 8(

Yeah, might be an idea to take a bit of time out then. I've had a few three day experiences myself lately and it's getting a bit much. I've always been a night owl but coke has just been way too available lately, mixed with the zopiclone and opium, it starts getting a bit unsettling. I'm looking to get some breathing room for a while.

My real interest is psychedelics and I've always enjoyed weed too. This year I've hardly had much of either. Hoping I'll be able to get back to some of the things that are actually interesting to me soon. Want to start making music again, going to gigs, maybe get a bit of acid for a change. One month until summer in Aus and it's looking to be a good one.

Had a bit of mesc on the weekend. Gave me a bit to think about I guess.

Be well :)

Damn I've never had a 3 day no sleep thing... many, many 2-day though. Also about 2 years where I got maybe an average of 3 hours of sleep a night, if that, across that period of time. That shit fucked me up.

I've taken AMT again today for Halloween and it's coming up really nice right now, gonna go see Lettuce with some buddies after I finish work. :) I did just take AMT Saturday and I'm 2 weeks off of stimulants, but I still feel fine about it because I haven't demonstrated any issues with AMT since the aforementioned 2 year period of little sleep (in 2006-2007), and it's Halloween! And going to see a show where I anticipate others will be rolling. If I'm gonna be rolly I'd prefer it to be AMT, it feels fundamentally different from things like MDMA/etc in terms of the impact it leaves on me, and the nature of the feeling. I guess I feel a little guilty because I've been being really good about drugs and alcohol the past 2 weeks and I feel great. But I don't think I should feel guilty because sometimes you gotta celebrate Halloween on the weekend and then during the week on the actual day. :)

In any case, AMT is a great drug. :) Best empathogen-like thing there is in my book. Perfect going out drug too. Perfect for still being at work too!

Yea no 3 day without sleep binges here either, nor binges in general, actually. I feel lucky to be disgusted by even the beginning tinges of binging.

I'm happy :D

My way-too-generous friend insisted on sending me home with one of the most beautiful buds I've ever seen, because she knew I wasn't feeling well. After being sick to my stomach all day from a sinus headache, I took two hits and suddenly found myself eating salted pumpkin seeds!

In about 20 minutes I'm going to pack a bowl and cue up the new Shpongle album...

i went like four days without sleep on dxm once upon a time. our cat died on day three (we think he had a urinary blockage like xork's kitty gets sometimes), and i was absolutely wrecked sobbing for a few hours. then, more dxm...

was doing powder at the time, probably went through about four grams.

i went like four days without sleep on dxm once upon a time. our cat died on day three (we think he had a urinary blockage like xork's kitty gets sometimes), and i was absolutely wrecked sobbing for a few hours. then, more dxm...

Oh man, that must've been a rough trip :( I have such a soft spot for kitties. (well, all creatures but especially the fuzzies)

Yea no 3 day without sleep binges here either, nor binges in general, actually. I feel lucky to be disgusted by even the beginning tinges of binging.

Yeah actually I semi-miraculously started feeling that way recently too.

I'm happy :D

My way-too-generous friend insisted on sending me home with one of the most beautiful buds I've ever seen, because she knew I wasn't feeling well. After being sick to my stomach all day from a sinus headache, I took two hits and suddenly found myself eating salted pumpkin seeds!

In about 20 minutes I'm going to pack a bowl and cue up the new Shpongle album...

Nice... nothing like a nice good weed high when you've got no tolerance. :)

Wow man, that's intense, that must have been crazy. Yeah urinary blockage is fucked up, it's a real killer. Sorry about your kitty. <3 I had to hospitalize my cat 4 times before I finally got him on all prescription wet food. Costs me about $150 a month. Good thing he's the sweetest thing ever, he makes it worth it. Cuz damn have I spent a lot of money on that little asshole!

But for real, being deeply loved by a cat is one of the great pleasures of my life. :)

Oh man, that must've been a rough trip :( I have such a soft spot for kitties. (well, all creatures but especially the fuzzies)

Me too. :) Cats are so fucking cool aren't they? I think it's so amazing that we can be friends with such magnificent beasts. :) <3 They domesticated themselves!

I think they domesticated/trained us :)

My 88-key electric piano (it's really nice) has 7 white keys not working now. I'm gonna have to get it fixed, or learn how to fix it myself, as well.

Should be fixable. Playing in a wild postpunk band with a pianist has shown me how much you can abuse some electric pianos.
His is like a midrange yamaha 88 key piano.
My bandmate once kicked his off a stage that was about 6 feet high, and it bounced - i thought it was fucked, but his trusty repair guy fixed the thing. That was one of many such incidents, and it's looking pretty rough, but still works just fine.
I mean, this guy likes to play with his forehead...haha.

Haha, nice. :) Yeah I just gotta take it in. But I have a few things ahead of that. I need cases for my Nord and Moog, I'm super sketched about having to transport them (especially the Nord) without cases. And me and my guitar player are splitting the cost of retubing his amp, which is basically mine now because it's what I play out of. It's a Fender Twin Reverb from right around the millenium, It sounds so good, still, and we're on like 1/4 power now.

By the way... can anyone justify to me why it is that keyboard cases are so fucking expensive?? Why can I find awesome custom guitar cases for $150, but the absolute cheapest I can get a case for my Nord is $300? It's absurd, guitar cases are more custom shaped. A keyboard case is a rectangle. It's so dumb.

No! It's crazy!
I've also looked at road cases for my gretsch, and for most of the ones i looked at, i could probably buy a pretty decent guitar (mexican fender or something) for the price of the damn case.
So...i'm thinking i'll just get a mexican telecaster or something next time i tour. It's crazy, and i don't want my beautiful guitar destroyed by baggage handlers. It sucks, because that guitar is my sound, but that's part of the reason it's so precious.
Annoying.

My bandmate lives in berlin on-and-off and said piano/synth/guitar road cases are much, much cheaper in germany. Not sure why - but maybe worth looking at ordering one from europe or something? I suspect they'd be fairly light to ship, at least.

Okay... so my original plan was to take notes along with the Shpongle album (Codex VI) and type whatever I thought or felt as I listened. My mind was blown after the first minute. Here's what I wrote.

1:10 - Already trippin' me out. It's so hyp-NOTIC, Dewd!
1:20 - Sublime-y riffs.
1:45 - Snake charmer flute-y thing.
2:08 - What on EARTH??? Awesome.
2:40 - I dream of Jeannie music in mind... not sure why.
4:20 - < HA HA, sounded like a new "song" (if it/they can be called that) starting so I checked the time. Coincidence?
4:45 - Mariachi band-y, Maaan.

At this point I realized that it was too much to write down every single thing that popped into my head, considering that I was only 5 minutes into a 75-minute album! I decided to listen for a while before writing anything else.

Unfortunately, I smoked just a bit too much and started quickly spiraling into a negative introspective headspace. It focused mainly on my guilt over not contributing to the family because I've been too hard fighting my addictions (and slowly... but surely... winning more every month) to get back to work as quickly as I had planned.

I brewed myself up a quick but strong mug of skullcap tea and also put a pinch of it in my empty bowl to relax. I watched a few innings of the World Series to occupy my mind while I came down a little.

Ironically, I felt so much better that I actually went back outside and smoked a bowl of cannabis/skullcap/mugwort blend. (Why not let one more herb join the party, right?) They all seem to play very well together. :D

I went back to Shpongling but without taking notes for a while. I'm about to resume it at 23:13 because I paused it at a really insane part...

(Sorry, didn't plan this as a mini-trip report! Happens every time.)

Last edited by a moderator:
No! It's crazy!
I've also looked at road cases for my gretsch, and for most of the ones i looked at, i could probably buy a pretty decent guitar (mexican fender or something) for the price of the damn case.
So...i'm thinking i'll just get a mexican telecaster or something next time i tour. It's crazy, and i don't want my beautiful guitar destroyed by baggage handlers. It sucks, because that guitar is my sound, but that's part of the reason it's so precious.
Annoying.

My bandmate lives in berlin on-and-off and said piano/synth/guitar road cases are much, much cheaper in germany. Not sure why - but maybe worth looking at ordering one from europe or something? I suspect they'd be fairly light to ship, at least.

playing guitar and thought i'd share. "moving mountains" originally by thrice

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1qnMxPIkseO

Yeah it's so strange. I've looked at road cases too. I've been generally thinking I should get a flight case for like $100, that's close to the right size, and then buy padding and making my own case. But I dunno. :\ It just makes no sense, did every single manufacturer of keyboard cases have some secret meeting and decide to set prices artificially high? Seems like it. It really makes no sense...

It's crazy, the case that Moog sells for my sub-phatty costs well over half of what I paid for the instrument itself! (used, but still).

That's pretty, I like it. :) Here is something I listened to that I recorded on my birthday, some of the best piano improv I've ever done IMO.

Damn, it's still uploading, soundcloud is so slow with that shit even when you pay for the unlimited service.

Last edited:
Ha ha, Shpongle's Codex from 23:05-55 creeps me the hell out but makes me laugh my ever-loving balls off too 8o:D I must've played those 50 seconds over ten times by now!

Just saw commercial where a sloth was playing a game like Pictionary and it was clinging to the easel drawing (slowly, of course). That REALLY just creeped me out!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sloths are weird. You know what there used to be? Giant sloths. Whoa.

Status
Not open for further replies.