• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

January 2017 Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. Goodbye Holidaze, Hello 2017!

=D CONGRATULATION D's!!!

That is BEYOND fantastic. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise or lure you back into that life. Keep moving forward!

Had to figure it out im 61 days opioid free after everyday on ops for over 20 years, dam feels alot longer than 61 days

Last dose: Congrats on those 61 days! You are such a warrior!! What a positive attitude you have... an inspiration! I am on day 7 cold turkey off of opiates, and finally am starting to feel better. I re-read your thread, last dose, for inspiration!

Fucking A guys, finally. Grad school apps nearly done. Yay! :)

It is amazing what waking up at 5am to meditate will do for your motivation. It's like, if I can drag myself out of bed in the cold morning to sit for an hour in a dark room in front of a candle, I can do anything! ;)

Then again, it's taken me years of practice to get to a point where I actually enjoy doing this (and it never ceases to amazing how enjoyable it can be, never had more fun doing absolutely nothing, even compared to my nodding days). When I started it was ah huge accomplishment just to sit for 20-30 minutes once or twice a week.

It's amazing what little steps in the same direction over a long period of time can do for ya :)

Last dose: Congrats on those 61 days! You are such a warrior!! What a positive attitude you have... an inspiration! I am on day 7 cold turkey off of opiates, and finally am starting to feel better. I re-read your thread, last dose, for inspiration!

Hell yeah on the 7 days, POkemama. You hanging in there?

I dont know about a warrior poke, i was scared shit mainly of wds thats probably what gave me the strength to ween so long. Im so happy you got inspiration from my thread and im so happy you are starting to feel better!! btw your making tears of joy here. Take one day at a time sista dont get in head of yourself that was probably one of my biggest problems i would always expect more faster, than finally i slowed down and took one day at a time not looking past that. And times i felt shitty in paws with insomnia etc. i always said to myself no pain man appts no more! they dont own me no more and that is all it takes to keep moving forward.

I tell ya tpd ive been trying to meditate well i guess deep breathing mostly it does mellow me. I do need to give meditation more tries. Funny you mentioned the nodding days my wife use to keep her eye on me like a hawk when i drove cause i would nod a little. I remember driving home from work so many times over the years with some close calls even nodding at red lights. Now i wish i could nod more at night of course in bed lol

Sim and TLD: Thank you both so much for the supportive posts.... I need that encouragement. Ready to run out of comfort meds... clonidine and gabapentin. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Awe... TLD.... so touched to read about your tears of joy. Anytime anyone escapes the grasp of opiates, man, it is a time of joy and happiness. They are truly evil, IMHO, have soaked me for thousands, and have diminishing returns in terms of pain control.
I still have to cancel my last appointment, but should not be difficult, as I will get "fired" anyway, due to the gabapentin in my system...those damn ua's.

Sim and TLD: Thank you both so much for the supportive posts.... I need that encouragement. Ready to run out of comfort meds... clonidine and gabapentin. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Awe... TLD.... so touched to read about your tears of joy. Anytime anyone escapes the grasp of opiates, man, it is a time of joy and happiness. They are truly evil, IMHO, have soaked me for thousands, and have diminishing returns in terms of pain control.
I still have to cancel my last appointment, but should not be difficult, as I will get "fired" anyway, due to the gabapentin in my system...those damn ua's.

I know what your saying trust me over the years ive had a couple incidents with pain man i had xanax in my urine sample after my father died almost got tossed for that. Another time i had weed in urine wow what a big deal that was. I remember back when they first started taking urine samples i knew there would be less people every month lots of empty seats in waiting room. Over the years all they want to do is empty your ins each year for tests etc. i grew to hate those bastards. proud of you sista!! ...and i got my fingers crossed for ya

TLD: What similar experiences we have had...scary! That means that there are many out there suffering/being ripped off. So happy to be off that merry-go-round!! BTW: Keep those fingers crossed for me...I need all the positive energy I can get!!!! BTW: Enjoyed reading your ice-fishing experience.... you kick PAWS out of your life!!!

I've been in my head way too much lately. I spoke with a recovery friend last night and he suggested I write out a gratitude list, which I did this afternoon. It feels better to focus energy towards the positive things in my life, and not get so anxious and wound up about everything I don't have or is out of my control. Does anyone else do this, or what are your thoughts on it?

TLD: What similar experiences we have had...scary! That means that there are many out there suffering/being ripped off. So happy to be off that merry-go-round!! BTW: Keep those fingers crossed for me...I need all the positive energy I can get!!!! BTW: Enjoyed reading your ice-fishing experience.... you kick PAWS out of your life!!!

I feel so free not worrying about pain man anymore!!! and you will too i can tell. I got my fingers and toes crossed for ya sista!!!!! you got this!!!!!!!!

I've been in my head way too much lately. I spoke with a recovery friend last night and he suggested I write out a gratitude list, which I did this afternoon. It feels better to focus energy towards the positive things in my life, and not get so anxious and wound up about everything I don't have or is out of my control. Does anyone else do this, or what are your thoughts on it?

Its what you have to do!! stay positive bad energy is not productive especially in wds! stay positive!

Went to the drs yesterday because of some pain I was having. Liver is grossly enlarged. He said not cirrhosis yet but I can't drink anymore or it will be. I've been bad off before but recovered fairly quickly, but this time I've been totally sober for 11 days and I didn't even start feeling the pain until 4 days ago. Either way looks like my drinking days are over unless I want to kill myself.

Last edited:
Went to the drs yesterday because of some pain I was having. Liver is grossly enlarged. He said not cirrhosis yet but I can't drink anymore or it will be. I've been bad off before but recovered fairly quickly, but this time I've been totally sober for 11 days and I didn't even start feeling the pain until 4 days ago. Either way looks like my drinking days are over unless I want to kill myself.

That sucks nutty sorry to hear that but atleast you know what you have to do living tops drinking and trust me i drink too, get two bottles of milk thistle and take it two times a day suppose to really help liver recover. good luck