Good rap music to listen to while tripping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munchie41

Greenlighter
SWIM and a few of their friends are planning on trying LSD for the first tomorrow night and was wondering whatsome good music to listen to would be. They're all fans of rappers/rap groups like Three 6 Mafia (along with Juicy J's and Project Pat's solo work), Lil Wyte, Jelly Roll, Lil Jon, NWA (along with Eazy E's and Ice Cube's solo work), and Ludacris and wanted to know what songs, if any, by them or other artist similar to them would be good to listen to while trip. Swim was already thinking Acid by Lil Wyte and the entirety of Blue Dream and Lean because those sonhs already have a trippy vibe without any drugs. Also and advice for Swim amd his friends for making their first trip a good one would be greatly appreciated.

Try listening to something a little more lyrical, get you thinking... Slum Village, Deltron 3030, Mos Def

Flatbush Zombies look up all thier stuff it's all about psychedelics and weed and it's very lyrical with dope beats! The term zombie in thier name comes from ego death like you can get on psychedelics.
The underachievers are good
Look up AK the savior blessings in the Grey 2 it's an awesome cd
Joey bad ass is really dope too
Check gangstarr
LSD by asap rocky is good with headphones and the video on YouTube is sick!
Spread love by mick Jenkins is an awesome song
Check all that and you won't be let down at least I hope not! And I suggest happy music with positive messages!! Check some bob Marley and some old rock it's always nice listening to a guitar solo hahaha Happy tripping!

Last edited:
Generally, any music that sounds great sober will just sound better tripping, so yeah, just listen to your own favorites. Personally though, Waterworld by leak bros is probably my favorite hip hop album - it's about PCP though, not LSD.

You should have a look at this thread:
First time LSD thread

As well as the Psychedelic Drugs Beginners FAQ for any questions you might have....
P D Beginners FAQ

Have fun ;)

check out the album Deep Puddle Dynamics - The Taste of Rain...Why Kneel? - some really abstract hip hop with lyrics that are pretty psychedelic at times, a lot of the other music on the anticon label fits this description and is also good for tripping vibes

Not exactly rap but maybe try throwing on the new Gaika album? The production is unbelievable, probably sounds amazing on psychedelics.

atmosphere - the river

atmosphere - clay

atmosphere - god's bathroom floor

atmosphere - the girl with tattood hands

sounds is vibration, etc...

go from there with them, I know there are a lot more from them that I like in that state of mind.

slug & eyedea

Aesop Rock - The Greatest Pac-Man Victory in history

Massive Attack / Portishead has some good trip hop

Hey man, we don't SWIM here. Get out of the pool! :|

But in all sincerity, it makes reading posts more confusing and doesn't offer you any legal protection should that be something you worry about.

Cyne! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT3wvLKu4f4 (appropriate for x-mas! lol)
Kendrick Lamar
A$ap Rocky - LSD etc
Also appropriate LSD - Parkside Madness (old school ftw)
For some really freaky shit Ndangr species

And I'm looking for that acid tripping crew that's always rapping about "getting elevated" or something like that. (ohh i see flatbush zombies and the underachievers were mentioned)
Not your usual hiphop but FlyLo is forever gold, I particularly love this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pVHC1DXQ7U
Or just put on some Kid Koala and pretend it's supposed to be hiphop :>

but honestly, this type of thread is best in one of the music forums - this focus forum here is meant for drug discussion sorry :)

Last edited:
Anything that is produced really well and is just super tight. Outkast, 2 Pac, Biggie, Tribe, etc. I'm obviously a child of the 90's

Status
Not open for further replies.