• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Support with anxiety and my past benzo use's affect on my mental health

quave2

Greenlighter
Hello. Im not sure how to post a new thread only to reply. (I hope this is a good place) I used to take 2mg of xanax daily or every other day in 2013/14 mixed with beers to "party" i stopped taking them in late 14 and havent touched them since. I didnt get any withdrawl symptoms once i stopped taking them. I smoked alot of weed bc that was my drug of choice (i told myself fuck xanax) However since late 2015 early 2016 i am getting very bad anxiety and nausea that i never had before. I cant fly on airplanes or do half the things i used to do. I cant even smoke my pot anymore. I have been anti big pharma and pills since ive stopped taking the bars. Is the xanax i used to take in highschool causing these problems now? Again i felt none of the usual withdrawl symptoms from benzos when i stopped and basically went from taking them everyday to few times a week to none at all. (Drank everytime i took them) I find it odd im starting to feel like this years after

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any additional stress in your life? Did anything change around when this started happening? I personally highly doubt that it could be traced back that far to using party drugs a year earlier, but who knows right. The point is that you are having symptoms that should be looked into. I developed a panic disorder at 25 out of nowhere... shit happens.

Not being able to smoke weed as you grow older is very common. I would say that 90% of the habitual weed smokers I have known in life have completely stopped smoking at my age. I cannot smoke without having a panic freakout and it used to mellow me out. I know so many people who would say the exact same thing. The best thing to do when that happens is to quit using pot forever, you won't really miss it after a while. Hell I didn't miss it at all, even like a week later after smoking hash all day every day the whole year. Not a single craving to go back to weed.

I think your post deserves its own thread! You'll get way more replies and I am by no means an expert on benzo withdrawal. I think it could possibly be 'protracted withdrawal'? I'm really not sure, I definitely understand why you are confused. Maybe somebody can move it for you and help you start your own thread. Really you should see a doctor if you haven't already.

Hello. Im not sure how to post a new thread only to reply. (I hope this is a good place) I used to take 2mg of xanax daily or every other day in 2013/14 mixed with beers to "party" i stopped taking them in late 14 and havent touched them since. I didnt get any withdrawl symptoms once i stopped taking them. I smoked alot of weed bc that was my drug of choice (i told myself fuck xanax) However since late 2015 early 2016 i am getting very bad anxiety and nausea that i never had before. I cant fly on airplanes or do half the things i used to do. I cant even smoke my pot anymore. I have been anti big pharma and pills since ive stopped taking the bars. Is the xanax i used to take in highschool causing these problems now? Again i felt none of the usual withdrawl symptoms from benzos when i stopped and basically went from taking them everyday to few times a week to none at all. (Drank everytime i took them) I find it odd im starting to feel like this years after

Please see a doctor. This doesn't really sound like benzo withdrawal. You referenced being in high school at the time which means you're young. It's not uncommon for mental health problems to present in adolescence to young adulthood so it's quite possible what you are experiencing is unrelated to benzo withdrawal, which is why you should see a doctor.

Please see a doctor. This doesn't really sound like benzo withdrawal. You referenced being in high school at the time which means you're young. It's not uncommon for mental health problems to present in adolescence to young adulthood so it's quite possible what you are experiencing is unrelated to benzo withdrawal, which is why you should see a doctor.

Im seeing a doctor and she gave me .5mg ativan but i didnt explain my past use of benzos.. I wasnt sure if it was the reason.. But the ativan doesnt even work i dont feel better the nausea is still really bad.. I just hate big pharma and dont wanna be dependent on benzos. How do i make my own thread by the way im new to this site. Thank you in advance :)

U guys are the best

Yes i was a big daily hash smoker too. I dont have the urge to smoke and never did when i took T breaks so thats not a problem.. Just worried about getting prescribed benzos... Id rather look into CBD.