• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

November Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. It's Fall! Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sry for dbl posting... forgot to respond to the thread suggestion....can't edit from mobile phone. Grrrr will that ever get fixed????

Thank you for the thread advice, any way you can link it so I'm not just aimlessly digging around...kind of a pain on my mobile. I would really like to venture into that thread and read about it some advice on homeopathic methods or things to restore energy, senses etc... he's become numb to enjoying anything except the opiates... even things he used to love. I know this will take time to rebuild, I understand how the receptors work and dopamine into the synaptic cleft.... (I know it sounds cruel, but while he has dreaded this day...I've prayed for it. Can't wait to have my actual bf back instead of watching him nod and drop cigarettes all night.)so I've been doing my research on effects .... but now we ar here and I don't know how to help him. I hate seeing him hurt, like I wish I could take his pain from him physically.

Very sad to read your problem your a good woman, but atleast he is wanting to end it. And it can be done with slower taper if you can get more short acting oxy like roxys 15 or 30s either way with a pill cutter he can work his way slowly and then jumping is painless

Thank uuuuu ^^^

Best of luck to you and your boyfriend im opiate free 6 days now and never goin back!
23.gif

Congrats lastdose, that is truly amazing and I'm super proud of you!!!.... new event last night, he's decided since he's in partial withdrawal to just go cold turkey ....also ... found out what he was using, worse than I thought, he's been taking fentanyl.
How much? As much ad he can
How often?as often as possible
What form? Any type he could get his hands on.

I cried for him last night several times. He's really going through it bad right about now. Any idea how long this should last...Sunday he started physical withdrawal symptoms and hasn't stopped since. His mom wouldn't let me go buy otc sleep aid for him, which I think would help a ton. He would
A)get rest
B)take his mind off it while he slept
She let him have 2 benadryl which didn't seem to even have any effectime whatsoever.

I just keep offering words of hope, support and comfort. He can't deal with the uncomfortable feeling, doesn't want to be even touched, but then curls into a ball and squeezes onto me as tight as he can. Wish I could honestly take that pain from him myself. I hate watching it. But once he's through this, he will never have to be sick again!

CaptainH

2yrs and plus!!!!! Man you give me such freaking unbelievable hope!!! I see from reading through this you go through many stages, elated to be free, struggling, proud, supportive to others, angry.... but you are going through it and getting to the other side!!!!!! AND these are all ACTUAL emotions instead of some synthetic lie. They aren't all positive at the time you're experiencing them, but the fact that you can FEEL is truly awesome!!!!!! I look forward to my future with my bf knowing is not impossible, because every straight person I know tells me to leave aND that coming off needles isn't possible, I don't need that negativity right now and it goes against every grain of my being. I truly feel the need to be there during this time for him and let him know he's not alone.

Day 40 for me.

Gotta do some stuff about my mom's care today (she lives in a psych facility), and these meetings always trigger me intensely. Fingers crossed.

<3 to all!

Day 40 for me.

Gotta do some stuff about my mom's care today (she lives in a psych facility), and these meetings always trigger me intensely. Fingers crossed.

<3 to all!

Good luck, sending positive vibes n energy to you!!!the universe is yours to conquer!

Congrats lastdose, that is truly amazing and I'm super proud of you!!!.... new event last night, he's decided since he's in partial withdrawal to just go cold turkey ....also ... found out what he was using, worse than I thought, he's been taking fentanyl.
How much? As much ad he can
How often?as often as possible
What form? Any type he could get his hands on.

I cried for him last night several times. He's really going through it bad right about now. Any idea how long this should last...Sunday he started physical withdrawal symptoms and hasn't stopped since. His mom wouldn't let me go buy otc sleep aid for him, which I think would help a ton. He would
A)get rest
B)take his mind off it while he slept
She let him have 2 benadryl which didn't seem to even have any effectime whatsoever.

I just keep offering words of hope, support and comfort. He can't deal with the uncomfortable feeling, doesn't want to be even touched, but then curls into a ball and squeezes onto me as tight as he can. Wish I could honestly take that pain from him myself. I hate watching it. But once he's through this, he will never have to be sick again!

Day 6 today for me and thank you for the kind words. Dont give him benadryl it will give him worse restless legs stick with the benzapines he may not sleep much for a while. fentanol is very strong op the strongest. otc sleep aids wont do much right now you really should check his bp could get very high and dangerous. I dont know if im allowed to say this but lyrica is only schedule v i would be willing to ship him some i have alot left and some clonidine for his bp if so pm me.

Ok no benadryl, gotcha. He is in warm bath now and won't get out. Lmbo!!! We got him in there and he loves it. Washing bed sheets as we speak! I told him I think we should check the BP when he gets out and he agreed. (If he ever leaves the bath!) Now he's asking for a jacuzzi or hot tub, sadly the one in the back yard needs a heat kit or motor or something, I forget.

CaptainH

2yrs and plus!!!!! Man you give me such freaking unbelievable hope!!! I see from reading through this you go through many stages, elated to be free, struggling, proud, supportive to others, angry.... but you are going through it and getting to the other side!!!!!! AND these are all ACTUAL emotions instead of some synthetic lie. They aren't all positive at the time you're experiencing them, but the fact that you can FEEL is truly awesome!!!!!! I look forward to my future with my bf knowing is not impossible, because every straight person I know tells me to leave aND that coming off needles isn't possible, I don't need that negativity right now and it goes against every grain of my being. I truly feel the need to be there during this time for him and let him know he's not alone.

thank you <3

I'm going through a lot of rough shit, and I don't know if I'm ever going to get back to being happy most of the time (not sure I ever was), but it's nice to know I'm going in the right direction :)

^^^have you eve experience horrible hand pain from injecting, like can't make a fist swollen hands?

I was having to boil water and place hand towels in it, let them slightly cool and then wrap his hands. Also nightly lotion hand massages. Been doing this for cpl weeks now, they seem better since he's not been using. I was telling him all along I thought it was from injecting, he being in denial was ofcourse *not injecting* & blaming undiagnosed carpal tunnel. Which is possible, but I feel less likely since I never noticed this pain until I also noticed darker veins and then he must have been rotating bcuz suddenly a new vein was darker.

His WD seems to be a bit more bearable, I'm not witnessing all the thrashing around I saw the past cpl days.

^^^have you eve experience horrible hand pain from injecting, like can't make a fist swollen hands?

I was having to boil water and place hand towels in it, let them slightly cool and then wrap his hands. Also nightly lotion hand massages. Been doing this for cpl weeks now, they seem better since he's not been using. I was telling him all along I thought it was from injecting, he being in denial was ofcourse *not injecting* & blaming undiagnosed carpal tunnel. Which is possible, but I feel less likely since I never noticed this pain until I also noticed darker veins and then he must have been rotating bcuz suddenly a new vein was darker.

His WD seems to be a bit more bearable, I'm not witnessing all the thrashing around I saw the past cpl days.

Ive never booted but from all the reasearch ive done (too much) yes its a effect from bootin usually mostly when they miss a vein. Im happy to hear hes starting to feel better but he still has a long road much easier but long dont tell him that one day at a time. If you were in my state i would drive him some lyrica and clonidine. I do plan on moving to fl within the next 3 to 5 years ive had enough of nj and not just because the weather. Ive been all over fl been there atleast 30 times love the state!. those hot baths are a godsend i remember day 2 i stood under the shower and let the hot water hit my head for soooo long!
BTW glad he stopping in nj and surrounding states losing alot of people with the herion/fentanyl too strong with fentanyl and a harder detox than just herion

Last edited:
Yes, the o.d. rate has increased 250% on both heroin and fentanyl here too. Mostly cuz they are cutting heroin with fentanyl.

Every day is a slight improvement physically. The prolonged mental part with be the longest toughest battle I'm sure.

the heroin and the spice is an epidemic here in Louisville. Thank god I don't have to live to die.

CH, have you helped anyone today? usually when I help someone I feel happy that i did the right thing for once, and no thats not like giving cigarettes out, like helping a drunk(like me) across the street into the detox clinic.

I get to help people today, and I love it! because it makes me happy. :)

the heroin and the spice is an epidemic here in Louisville. Thank god I don't have to live to die.

CH, have you helped anyone today? usually when I help someone I feel happy that i did the right thing for once, and no thats not like giving cigarettes out, like helping a drunk(like me) across the street into the detox clinic.

I get to help people today, and I love it! because it makes me happy. :)

I probably don't help others on a daily basis, but I helped someone a while ago when no one else was going to. It made me feel pretty good. I also thought about it like, what happens when I'm 90 years old and need help? I should set a good example to everyone else too, etc.

Most of the time I just focus on myself and trying to keep it together and get through each day though

Ds - that is excellent advice, I suggested that same thing to someone last week. It does something for the person offering help without an resistance or reward, but there is a reward internally. You feel like you possibly made a difference, it is self rewarding and gives you a sense of purpose. The person receiving the help obviously is benefited in more ways than one, they see another side to humanity, hope, and faith...whether in life,God, whatever you might choose to put your faith into..m just faith in life.

Spice is horrible here in florida, as well. I worked in an office of cubicles a few years ago and the guy next to me smoked that stuff. He was honestly the funniest, intelligent and charismatic guy in the place...but in break when he smoked..he came back (literally smelling like dog poop on his breath, something about that spice left awful after smells) & he was like dumbfounded and say with his mouth open not even being able to finish sentences. He and I had gotten to be close friends prior to his spice usage so I spoke openly with him about it. Luckily the kid moved out of state and landed a great job and got away from the demons he had here...we still talk, he's a changed man for the better but he had to move to Texas and restart himself.

^ I feel 'ya. Last time I was in detox, I had one of the best addiction therapists I've ever had. Here's some stuff from her handouts that was helpful to me in the beginning. I only have between 7-8 months, but I can tell you it becomes much, much easier as time passes and it just becomes a natural thing not to use. Hope this helps:

1. Visualization - picturing a lever or switch in your mind and imagining yourself moving it from on to off to stop the using thoughts. Have another mental picture ready to think about in place of those thoughts. You may need to change what you are doing to make this switch.

2. Snapping (I use this a lot) - wear a rubber band loosely on the wrist. Each time you become aware of using thoughts, snap the band and force yourself to think about another subject. Have a subject that is meaningful and interesting to you.

3. Relaxation/grounding - inhale deeply and exhale slowly three times. Clear your mind and do your best to be present in the moment. Feel and experience the surface you are sitting on, the smells around you. If you do this with your eyes open, take in your surroundings in detail. Be completely objective and do not let judgment creep into these thoughts. Instead of thinking, "that chair over there is dirty," just think, "there's a chair over there." Mentally describe an everyday activity in great detail like preparing a meal. Say a soothing phrase to yourself (the AA Serenity prayer works for me). The possibilities are endless.

4. Talking (this is the best and most effective for me) - CALL SOMEONE! There is a reason they pass around a piece of paper for phone lists whenever there is a newcomer at a twelve step meeting. Or if you don't have anyone to call, find a meeting nearby. If it isn't for a while (I've had to do this, too), break down the passing time in smaller chunks, "I won't use for the next 15 minutes." Then reset when that 15 is up.

I was going back through reading some of the longer posts that I had skimmed past while trying to catch up on this thread and make my own post on it.

These techniques are absolutely creative and insightful!!!! I've personally used the "switch" method in past times , without realizing it was a method. Basically I've used it in ending bad relationships, sounds awful I know, but...trust me, they were bad. (Physically abusive etc...not wanting to get to into that)anyhow, I love way too deep way too much, it's a curse. So I would picture a light switch in my head (symbolising my emotional bond or love for this person) & visualize it going off and just like that my emotion switch was flipped and I no longer gave a fuck. Sometimes I had to flip that switch more tHan once during that relationship but each time created more distance.

Any chance of one of our lovely mods kicking off the December getting/staying clean thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.