• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

November Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. It's Fall! Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure he means October because it's a link to October's thread.

- VE

Hey. Sorry I have been incommunicado lately. I am finally on the right mess and in therapy. I'm actually back to gardening and painting again.

I just went through a painful breakup. I'm okay but sweetie could use some encouragement.

I stayed sober through it all, and if you didn't know how bad assume I am, I also quithink smoking cigarettes during the painful breakup.

Shit happens, don't I know it! :)

How was everyone's Halloween? Mine was a little disappointing, but still fun in the end. It is so much nicer when you are able to properly care for yourself - by which I mean having fun in ways that don't end up being particularly harmful gets a lot easier when you're taking care of yourself.

I had a lot of fun, I got the chance to drink with some friends and stay up playing games, and having fun. Met some new friends. Good times all around.

Starting in on Day 12.

Yesterday was a little harder than I've been used to recently. Just that weird sense that my skin didn't fit right. Or the light was off-kilter. Or danger was nearby. Nothing terrible; just unnerving.

Oh, and an old connect I'd forgotten about texted me to ask if I wanted to cop. That flustered me a little, but it was pretty automatic saying no.

So all in all, a good day. But I hope today is easier. I hope all you SL folks are doing great.

Day 13 is on deck. Insomnia is still kicking my ass. But I'm so glad that my cravings aren't bad, I'll happily deal with sleeplessness until it decides it's done with me.

During the brief sleep I did get last night, I had a using dream, but different from ones I've had in the past. In the dream, I was visiting someone in the hospital. All of a sudden, I was holding a cup of methadone that had been prescribed to me (for what, I have no idea). Next thing, the methadone was gone; I guess I drank it. The majority of the dream was me hating myself because I fucked up my recovery.

Well, using dreams come and go. Sleep happens when it happens. Meanwhile, I'm feeling excited to get another day clean. I hope everyone has a great day!

Kudos to everyone - you guys seem to be starting November off strong!

Hey. Sorry I have been incommunicado lately. I am finally on the right mess and in therapy. I'm actually back to gardening and painting again.

I just went through a painful breakup. I'm okay but sweetie could use some encouragement.

I stayed sober through it all, and if you didn't know how bad assume I am, I also quithink smoking cigarettes during the painful breakup.

Welcome back MBC! We've missed you!

Shit happens, don't I know it! :)

How was everyone's Halloween? Mine was a little disappointing, but still fun in the end. It is so much nicer when you are able to properly care for yourself - by which I mean having fun in ways that don't end up being particularly harmful gets a lot easier when you're taking care of yourself.

It could have been worse. I really wanted to hit the City Center for this years Halloween but instead I stayed up late with some whiskey, a few valium (I know how stupid that was and wont be mixing them again) and read some Many P Hall, Gary Lachmans Biography on Aleister Crowley (which I highly recommend) and caught up on some Kabbalistic and Masonic studies (currently trying to get my foot in the door for which I need a very clear head about me so maybe its best i didn't do much.

Hopefully my withdrawal symptoms will be manageable/preferably gone by the time the Lodge contacts me. I need to be sharp for that one. Any Masons on the forum? Awaiting an initiation date for The Golden Dawn too; really excited about it all.

I've also landed a job interview for next Wednesday. Job + Social Life (with new people, which considering how high into the stratosphere my social anxiety is, can only do me good as its getting me out of my comfort zone; which is currently my bedroom) + Abstinence = Progress, I should think. A new chapter has officially begun. My desires have manifested and its up to me to make the most of this opportunity while the window remains open.

A Profoundly Great journey is about to commence...and I am ready.

@simco: HUGE congratulations on 13 days (probably two weeks now right?). You should begin to level off over the next week in my experience. Yesterday was the last day of my taper - as long as I have a few benzos for the anxiety/depression/insomnia I'll be good. Looking forward to two weeks time when I can write my own '14 days clean' post :)

14 days clean! Yesterday, anxiety was pretty bad. But I'm psyched that things are basically going well this time around.

Wishing everyone a great day!

• May we be safe,
    and protected from harm.​
  • May we be happy,
    and content with what is.​
  • May we be healthy,
    and thrive.​
  • May we be free,
    and live with ease.​

<3
<3
<3

=D

yesterday was really nice. i even got some pretty decent sleep. still don't want to jinx anything...but i'm feeling pretty strong, heading into the weekend. i hope everyone else is, too!

Yesterday was a long day. Not as long as Thursday, actually a much, much better day. Today is going to be even better, all the evidence tells me this. I'm really looking forward to Sunday and next week (particularly Tuesday). So much fun stuff to look forward to! I'm one lucky mother fucker :) %)

Status
Not open for further replies.