• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 4-HO-EPT Thread

Definitely agreed on the sentiments about there being new tryptamines to try and writing reports on them, I don't think I could have asked for a more exciting turn of events at this particular point on my psychedelic journey. Don't you just love it when things line up like that? :)

It would be so awesome to trip with someone just as interested in such states of mind as me!.. imagine if we can do it together, just guys from bl who are into that - when in such group I tend to go exploring deeper and the trip overall will be multiplied by minds that are alike! Fun, fun, fun...%)

4-HO-DPT compared to 4-HO-EPT felt "dirtier" to me and with lesser developed head trip and rather pronounced body load, including some chest discomfort that was in a way similar to my bigger doses of 4-HO-MiPT. Individual chemistry and metabolism play a key role, I'm guessing, when it comes to such substances.

I'm excited of both hearing Xorkoth opinion and Kaleida's 100mg TR! ;)

Tripping with other BLers is pretty neat, I've had a couple lucky opportunities to experience this already. :) I sure wouldn't mind taking 4-HO-EPT in a group if the chance ever presented itself.... Something to keep in mind for making vacation plans. ;)

Your assessment of 4-HO-DPT vs 4-HO-EPT sounds pretty right for me so far too, though I still want to push further on 4-HO-DPT for hallucinogenic reasons. On the body though, it certainly wasn't the dirtiest thing ever, far from it, but it was getting kind of tight already considering that I still wasn't tripping that hard yet, which I could see translating to the chest discomfort you mentioned. I also felt this very heavy feeling when I took 50 mg of 4-HO-MiPT, almost like it took a full conscious effort just to breath (though it wasn't alarming, just very physical). I do know some though who are able to take full-blown visionary doses and still describe feeling entirely comfortable, so yes, I'm sure individual variations can make quite a difference. I'm hoping that maybe by the time I get to that intense of a trip I'll be too dissociated from my body for it to matter anyway!

And I'm excited to take the 100 mg as well. =D It should be pretty powerful after a bit longer of a time than normal since my previous trip as well.... One way or another, I'm sure that's going to be an experience to remember. :)

Also the feeling of being fearless that 4-HO-EPT gave me, could potentially be used as a launchpad for smoked DMT imo. My poor ego gets shattered every time I smoke a decent dose so I naturally have apprehension although the benefits always overpower it :p
I'll test it out and post it here!

Posting TRs makes me feel involved and I'm hoping more people will seek out information before trying new drugs so there will be less trip disasters!

I must thank you for making this observation about being fearless on 4-HO-EPT.... It prompted me to do a whole lot of reading on the interaction between common psychoactive drugs and reactivity to negative stimuli in the amygdala, which turned out to be incredibly enlightening and turn into a lot of cool new thoughts going around in my head. I won't just unload all of it here, but suffice it to say that I'm now incredibly interested in the few studies that have specifically shown that psilocybin decreases this reactivity in the both the right and left amygdala, though with some selectivity for the right, and the same seems to be true of MDMA and citalopram, implicating serotonergic mechanisms in this effect, and that this change appears to be correlated with positive emotional changes on both psilocybin and MDMA. Given that I have also found that among tryptamines increasing the bulk of the tail has a tendency to increase the potency of the psychological and emotional effects of these psychedelics compared to potency of their hallucinations for me, it's really making me wonder now if part of the difference is just that, like MDMA and citalopram, these psychedelics retain the ability suppress amygdala activity even at doses that become increasingly less hallucinogenic as you move up from one tryptamine to the next through the molecular bulk, and if that's why by the time you get to something like 4-HO-EPT you get to the point where they are very powerfully deactivated, causing things like fearlessness and serenity, altered visual focus and time perception since the amygdalae are also involved in regulating those, and also some increased sexual feelings as have been noted during lesion studies and correlating with the fact that these brain structures are also deactivated by sexual activity and orgasms, which of course also links back to my other ideas about just what type of euphoria these molecules can cause, and all even at doses which are just barely hallucinogenic.... That sure would be interesting if it's the case. :)

And yes, I very much agree on the trip report writing. It's quite fun and hopefully useful, as others who are less cautious than we are will not have to also deal with going into these substances as blind as we are!

Alright, this is happening tomorrow.... 100 mg of 4-HO-EPT. It'll be my first trip in about two months, and the setting will be considerably better than I normally have access to, so I think it'll probably be about as good as I can make it.

Terrified? Just slightly. Excited? You betcha. This should be illuminating. :)

Alright, this is happening tomorrow.... 100 mg of 4-HO-EPT. It'll be my first trip in about two months, and the setting will be considerably better than I normally have access to, so I think it'll probably be about as good as I can make it.

Terrified? Just slightly. Excited? You betcha. This should be illuminating. :)

Hopefully the location is a secluded nature place. Most of your TR's I've read have involved clubs or being at home I think. So outside would be the logical conclusion.

Either way happy tripping!

I feel you, believe me, I really do. It's been way too long since I tripped in that kind of setting and I need to get back to it. Unfortunately, there's just no way in hell I could convince myself to take the highest dose on record of a brand new drug in any sort of setting where I wouldn't be able to receive medical attention almost instantaneously. My paranoid sense of self-preservation would just be screaming at me the entire time, including during the trip itself.

A few years ago I came up with an unbreakable rule for myself, that I would never, ever take any dose of any substance without being in a private home, but with plenty of people nearby, with every possible need I could possible hope for (showers, air conditioning, food, whatever), and with a medicine cabinet stocked full of potentially life-saving pharmaceuticals, until I know exactly (within reason of course) how I'm going to react to it. And the thing is, I've just gotten my hands on so many different substances to try as of late that for the last couple of years practically every single trip I've had has fallen into that category, and those just happen to be the trips I've also been around to write reports about. Thus, they've all been at home. The upside of it though, is that I also have quite a lot of almost all of those substances I've been collecting to work with, enough to last me many years, so once I have worked through them the first time and cycle back to the beginning, things will be able to start getting a lot more interesting. ;) And I think those reports might end up being a good bit more entertaining anyways, since for those experiences I'll also be able to focus more on getting into the trip itself, as opposed to documenting the effects of the trip as I tend to do for my first couple times.

The reason that the setting today is better than normal is because, rather than being in my cramped apartment with limited resources, so-so air conditioning, without the complete comfort to be as loud and ridiculous as I want without disturbing neighbors, and nowhere to go outside without being directly in the public eye, this time I'll be at my parents' house while they are out of town. Much to the contrary, here I can find almost any sort of modulatory pharmaceutical I could need, I know there are friendly neighbors, the food and drinks are stocked up like crazy, the air conditioning feels fantastic, there's way more space to move around in, I can be as loud as I want without drawing any serious attention, and there's a beautiful backyard to walk around for when I do need my outside fix. So, it may just be at home still, but it's certainly better than my usual!

And thanks! I'll be jumping into it fairly soon and I'm pretty pumped. :D

Welp, I was not wrong.... This has been an extremely illuminating experience. 8o

It's going to take me a while to really put my thoughts into words about the whole thing, even just in general but especially to the point of writing a trip report about it.... I'm still feeling it pretty strongly at the moment too, but I'm beyond the point now where I think anything new is going to happen, and where despite still feeling it I'm practically sober compared to the intensity of the peak. And that's saying something I think, because even the peak felt relatively sober in a lot of ways.

One way it absolutely did not feel sober, though, was in the sheer intensity of the general feeling of distortion from reality. This trip was no joke.... Don't be fooled by the lack of hallucinations or delirium or anything people, this drug will ramp up fast as the dose increases. I would say that this felt most comparable in intensity to my experience on 50 mg of 4-HO-MiPT, but a bit more even. This also makes it notably distinct from 4-HO-DPT, which despite still being similar to this hallucinogenically I think, is nowhere near this extreme-feeling of an experience at 100 mg orally. I would definitely say, as I've suspected before, that this one needs to be treated somewhere in between 4-HO-DPT and most of the rest of the tryptamines in terms of overall potency.

But, for now I'll leave the rest for when I've had a bit more time to reflect on it all.... I definitely want to make sure I do the experience justice, so others will know exactly what they're getting themselves into when they take this kind of dose.

Stay safe, explorers. <3

Thank you Kaleida! Seems like it was pretty serious, Im excited to hear how did the experience actually go!...

Please update us more, Id like to dive in to 100mg territory of 4-HO-EPT!

No problem as always Volsam, I'm happy to contribute. :) And yes, serious is quite right.... I will definitely not be approaching this dose so lightly in the future, though I absolutely will explore it again!

As promised, here is the completed trip report:

(4-HO-EPT/100 mg) - Fourth Time - Reaching The Breaking Point

I would suggest giving it a very thorough read before planning any such doses yourself.... This is certainly something you'll want to be as safe and prepared as possible for, assuming you have a sensitivity to it similar to myself.

And when you do, I would very much like to hear what kind of effect it has on you as well. :)

Can you make a comparison of potency relative to other tryptamines? I'm planning on trying 4-HO-EPT soon and I want to experience the full effects, but nothing too intense. 15-20mg of other 4-HO tryptamines is usually enough for me. I'm thinking I might try 40mg of 4-HO-EPT.

Can you make a comparison of potency relative to other tryptamines? I'm planning on trying 4-HO-EPT soon and I want to experience the full effects, but nothing too intense. 15-20mg of other 4-HO tryptamines is usually enough for me. I'm thinking I might try 40mg of 4-HO-EPT.
- After trying 40mg, I'd want my first dose of it to be about 50-60mg. Of course after doing an "allergy test" to see if my body is ok with it.

I'll certainly do my best, but I have to say that I won't feel quite as confident about it as I would with most other tryptamines, mostly because 4-HO-EPT seems to be fairly unique compared to the rest of them for me. At least, even though it tends to work within the same realm of effects as the others as usual, the ratios of those effects to one another makes its uses a bit different from most for me. But, here's what I would say....

For open eye visuals, its potency is very similar to 4-HO-DPT and 4-AcO-DALT, more so than anything else. All of these for me only start being particularly geometric at doses at or nearing 100 mg. Really though, if open eye visuals are your goal you might want to look elsewhere for now.

For closed eye geometric visuals and physical stimulation, I would say that its potency seemed to me to be about half that of 4-HO-MPT and a fourth that of 4-HO-MET. In other words, 25 mg of 4-HO-MET, 50 mg of 4-HO-MPT, and 100 mg of 4-HO-EPT all got me to a similar place with these effects, not just in intensity but also in design.

For closed eye visions and mental stimulation, I would say that its potency feels somewhere in between 4-HO-MET and 4-HO-MPT for me, as even 25 mg was capable of providing these effects for me, though the visions come primarily when meditating. My 65 mg dose was capable of pushing them into that sort of mind's eye vision that you can actually see in a way, but it still wasn't the most vivid thing ever, though beautiful when it appeared.

For ego loss, so far I would say that it appears to maybe be about half as potent as 4-HO-MiPT, since my 100 mg dose of 4-HO-EPT was similarly extreme feeling in that way to 50 mg of 4-HO-MiPT. However, unlike 4-HO-MiPT, I also find that it provides access to the "white light" at a significantly lower dose if you let it, as I was able to see it through meditation even as low as 25 mg.

Ultimately, I think I would have to say that 4-HO-EPT has given me the trips that are most different from the other 4-substituted tryptamines so far, and I find it weirdly comparable in potency to both the most potent and the least potent of the others I've tried, so even these effects I've observed on these doses so far I would say could be subject to change with future trips. However, if you are normally good with 15-20 mg of other tryptamines, then I'm sure 40 mg would at least give you a good taste of this one, regardless of what direction it takes. It might be worth taking Volsam's advice and bumping up to at least 50 mg if you really want to be sure you'll get something, but I say that mostly because we just don't really know what most peoples' sensitivity to this one will be right now since so few people have reported on it. Given that though, it probably wouldn't hurt to have some caution either. 40 mg would probably be fine if you have a good amount of it to work with, though if you only have a little then I might suggest just pushing a little further too just to make sure you get the most of it.

I hope that helps!

Kaleida, thank you for posting TR! Good info! ;)

No problem once again, and thanks! I'm happy you think so. :)

Thanks. I'll probably start with 50. I'm hoping for strong effects, just nothing too crazy.

No problem, and I'd bet that will be a good dose then. :) Honestly, the only dose I've taken that I would describe as crazy is 100 mg. While definitely not feeling shallow, 4-HO-EPT has been a very easygoing psychedelic overall for me so far. Its depth has been more about what I can do with it, rather than what it can do with me, if that makes sense.

I just got some 4-HO-EPT and decided to test it by snorting about 5 mg. It didn't burn at all. The effects were mild, but actually a little stronger than I had expected. I can't say much that much about the nature of the trip yet, but I feel like it will be pretty nice at a full dose. The headspace is unique. I would describe it as very cozy and comforting. The visuals are mild but nice. No patterns or anything, but everything looks soft and fuzzy. There is kind of a dark purple aura around everything. 4-HO-EPT doesn't seem to have the speedy 4-HO-DPT body load. I'm really looking forward to trying a full dose.

Thanks for that cj187, sounds promising. :) It's cool to know that insufflation could produce activity with such a small dose. I was thinking about trying 25 mg by that route myself, after doing the same with 4-HO-DPT for comparison.

Looking forward to hearing about your full-strength trip!

Sounds very 4-HO-DiPT... soft and fuzzy check, not very potent check... is it comparable?

I think there actually are some pretty significant similarities between them. I would say that they're similarly potent mentally, with 25 mg of each being easy to handle but entirely engaging if you work with it, though 4-HO-DiPT reminds me more of mushrooms whereas 4-HO-EPT feels more like LSD. Neither of them are very visual at all for me at this dose, but of what is there 4-HO-EPT is more colorful and alike other straight alkyl synthetic tryptamines like 4-HO-MET, as compared to 4-HO-DiPT which I find darker and stranger, but also containing more vivid cartoon imagery. 4-HO-DiPT also has a bit of a lush or empathogenic vibe to it that I have found in other isopropyl tryptamines but generally not ones without it. And I know some don't, but I also get DiPT-like auditory distortions exclusively on 4-HO-DiPT. On the other hand, 4-HO-DiPT also gives me a lot of stomach discomfort that I could do without, whereas 4-HO-EPT has generally felt quite smooth.

Are you thinking about giving this one a shot soon? I'd love to hear what you think of it, and especially if you'd be comparing it to things like 4-HO-DiPT! That's one I'm definitely interested in understanding more too, unfortunately I'm going to run out after having only maybe three or four experiences total.

Nice to see you back on the team, by the way. :)

Sounds interesting! But pretty expensive. I don't expect to be able to afford it - first just acid and ETH-LAD probably.

Thanks, nice to work a bunch of great guys and gals =D