• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Phenibut - 10 Years Experience - A Comprehensive Long-Term Synopsis and Usage Guide

Well, I don't think it's possible to maintain such a state every day. I think the only solution is to get happy with the idea that you can't experience it daily, and work to better understand the reasons why and the situations that cause you to feel negative, so you can remedy them or at least be aware of how to deal with them.

mindblowing morning sex. Is there much better in this world?

Nope, there isn't. :)

It's a phenibut day for me!

Thank you Xorkoth for sharing you experience about phenibut! I tried it many years ago after some stimulants, I took a few grams and I felt quite relaxed, but never tried it again. But right now, this is my favourite drug by far! I'm trying to use it therapeutically. I never really learned to flirt and seduce and as I tuned 32 recently, not being able to have a girlfriend is starting to become an heavy weight on my conscience and I believe this is the perfect tool to get the hang of it.

Anyway, yesterday I tried to take a nap and I had done 1 gram in the morning and 500 mg at noon. I didn't slept much at all during a whole hour, but sometimes I would catch myself breathing extremely strongly as if I was perceiving the heavy breathing that we have when we are asleep. Then at some point, I noticed I was seeing a whole other level of white or visual noise. I always see white noise, but unless I pay attention to it, it doesn't bother me. I'm still trying to figure what the heck is white noise. At the same time, I noticed I was having burning pain in my forehead, which seemed like it were my sinuses being destroyed by some sort of acidic reaction.

Ever since I started using phenibut last week, I have been having a tense feeling around my forehead... I believe I now know what cause it, I think it's phenibut. It sucks because I have been dealing with this kind of annoying feeling for many years and lately, it all had cleared. Do you have any idea what that could be? And how could I get rid of it? Obviously, I need to reduce my phenibut usage. I just went on a honeymoon, I'm planning to tapper down in the next days and then keep it for friday and special events.

I also noticed that when I am on phenibut, I tend to see a lot more a big swirling purple spot going clockwise or counter-clockwise in my field of vision... exactly where the third eye chakra is said to be. It even have the purple colour. I have been seeing this for years now, but it's more visible on phenibut. Last week, on a heavy 4-ho-mipt trip, I could actually see it in another perspective, it wasn't purple, but it was a big ball of energy, like a vortex, quite similar to a vortex that appears when you empty your bath. I wish I could understand this more!

I'm wondering if anyone tried the other analogs. I have heard fluoro-phenibut is similar but more potent. What about tolibut and 4-amino-3-(3,4,5-trimethoxyphenyl)butanoic acid ? I am really looking to trying those! Are they any other analogs, is baclofen really similar in effects? This stuff is magic, it's the perfect drug as long as you keep it for once or week. I hope it will remain legal, but I have doubts about that, it was recently scheduled in Australia. But I suppose over-doing it at first isn't too bad. It does seems addictive, but not too much, I think I will be able to regulate myself, because being on the stuff all the time gets on my nerves somehow, my cognition isn't as good, and I can't concentrate on my studies, all I want to do is being social, talking to girls, going out... so keeping it occasionnal would be ideal.

Hey there, first of all, no idea about the head feeling, I've never had that from phenibut, nor an increase in visual static.

My friend just got some fluoro-phenibut, I haven't tried it but he said it's a lot like phenibut but hits you a lot quicker and lasts shorter and is more sedating, but he likes phenibut a lot more, he said fluoro-phenibut doesn't have the same magic. I haven't even heard of the other two, I'm gonna look them up.

Lastly, I'm really bad at making the move on women too, it makes me feel really shy and nervous. I would suggest using an online dating site such as Ok Cupid. Literally all of my close friends in town, and myself, found their partners on there. It's a really good way to meet people and if you're honest it helps to determine if you're likely to be compatible much better than randomly meeting someone at a bar or something. Write an really honest profile that describes you. Then wait for people to message you (women get all kinds of creepy random messages on dating sites so in my experience, if you reach out to them they're likely to feel quite guarded. And if someone reaches out to you, you already know they're interested). It takes away a lot of the awkwardness and fear, because everyone knows why they're on the site, they're trying to find someone. :)

Oh, and baclofen is not very much like phenibut although they produce cross-tolerance and both are agonists at GABA-B receptor sites. However, baclofen is only a GABA-B agonist whereas phenibut also blocks α2δ subunit-containing VDCCs, like gabapentin and pregabalin. I dislike baclofen, there's no magic to it at all, although it is a good muscle relaxer.

Last edited:
The head thing is from taking too much, if it's the same as what I experience. I actually was just dealing with that today having dosed yesterday and the day before, my first time doing 2 days in a row in a year+. It's extremely important not to use this one frequently, otherwise you're going to be in for weird side effects that can generally last a decent amount of time.

Honeymoon phase or not, regular usage like it sounds like you're describing is not a good idea.

Be careful with dosing F-Phenibut! A person I know recently dosed too high throughout the night (multiple redosing, totaling at about 500-600mg, possibly more), coupled with alcohol and woke up with literally swollen head - there were like patches, mostly on the head, but also on the neck, lymph nodes were also swollen. It took almost two days for that condition to dissipate and it looked somewhat alarming at first. Doctor was not visited.

I personally never take more than 600mg of Phenibut in one day and no more than 150mg of F-Phenibut.

These drugs are very good for sporadic use, only when needed. In my observation, 3 days of 500-600mg of Phenibut might make me feel nervous and aggressive afterwards. Lower amounts are better if trying to treat grief or similar distressing feelings for days in a row.

That's another factor, it was 1g each day. I usually don't go higher than 750mg now, it works much better for me. Historically, my dosage was 1.5g, for a few years. That's way too much now.

My friend just got some fluoro-phenibut, I haven't tried it but he said it's a lot like phenibut but hits you a lot quicker and lasts shorter and is more sedating, but he likes phenibut a lot more, he said fluoro-phenibut doesn't have the same magic. I haven't even heard of the other two, I'm gonna look them up.

Tolibut and the other one is offered by one particular Canadian source. I think I will ask about it on https://researchchemicals.online/, which is a new ressource which was created by a Canadian effort after Reddit decided to close some well-known subreddits. I There's zero trip report to be found, but a few reddits post of people curious about those compounds. I have read that 4-amino-3-(3,4,5-trimethoxyphenyl)butanoic acid could be related to both phenibut and mescaline (3,4,5-Trimethoxyphenethylamine)... which does seems interesting. I may research them at some point.

Lastly, I'm really bad at making the move on women too, it makes me feel really shy and nervous. I would suggest using an online dating site such as Ok Cupid. Literally all of my close friends in town, and myself, found their partners on there. It's a really good way to meet people and if you're honest it helps to determine if you're likely to be compatible much better than randomly meeting someone at a bar or something. Write an really honest profile that describes you. Then wait for people to message you (women get all kinds of creepy random messages on dating sites so in my experience, if you reach out to them they're likely to feel quite guarded. And if someone reaches out to you, you already know they're interested). It takes away a lot of the awkwardness and fear, because everyone knows why they're on the site, they're trying to find someone. :)

I actually went to this nightclub last night... and it was so crowded, it was hard so move around, and the music was loud, the barmaid couldn't even understand when I asked for a fucking beer. I just left after a few minutes. Since it's the end of the semester, I am a little too busy with my studies right now, but I'm also studying seduction. I really like this ressource, Girl Chase, http://www.girlschase.com/. I'm going to give another shot to online dating soon... last time I paid for a site, all the woman were doctors, lawyers, and there I was an analytical chemistry lab tech student... I think I didn't choose the right site. I need to take a few good pictures of myself though. I notice that I do get lot of good eye contacts and smiles nowadays (and even a lot more when I'm phenibut)... so I'm thinking of going a little more bold on day game.

I forgot to mention one thing about when I was trying to take a nap while on phenibut. When I woke up and noticed the intensified static and forehead burning pain, when I tried to move, I couldn't move for a while... I kept on trying to move my body, and it seemed like I was making little progress here and there... and I remained paralyzed for what seemed the longest time ever for sleep paralysis. I was like: damn, I overdid it with phenibut, it seems like I'm going to be stuck here all night... and eventually, I snapped out of it. I sometimes experience sleep paralysis and feelings of inner vibrations, which is a state from which you can go into out-of-body experiences. I haven't experienced that on phenibut, but I think it could help to induce them.

The head thing is from taking too much, if it's the same as what I experience. I actually was just dealing with that today having dosed yesterday and the day before, my first time doing 2 days in a row in a year+. It's extremely important not to use this one frequently, otherwise you're going to be in for weird side effects that can generally last a decent amount of time.

Honeymoon phase or not, regular usage like it sounds like you're describing is not a good idea.

I totally get it. I just started to taper down and if I can't seem to use it only once in a while, I will discontinue usage. The head feeling mostly cleared after a good night of sleep though, which is quite a relief, because it doesn't hurt, but it is very annoying, especially when you have to concentrate on intellectual tasks.

2g phenibut and 1g choline yesterday after none for ten days and absolute pure magic again. I?ve built zero tolerance after months of sustained use every 7-10 days (normally every Saturday morning).

Tolibut and the other one is offered by one particular Canadian source. I think I will ask about it on https://researchchemicals.online/, which is a new ressource which was created by a Canadian effort after Reddit decided to close some well-known subreddits. I There's zero trip report to be found, but a few reddits post of people curious about those compounds. I have read that 4-amino-3-(3,4,5-trimethoxyphenyl)butanoic acid could be related to both phenibut and mescaline (3,4,5-Trimethoxyphenethylamine)... which does seems interesting. I may research them at some point.

Yeah after making that post I did some googling and I know exactly as much as you just said. :) Couldn't find a single TR, just some people saying they didn't want to be the first to try tolibut. No idea what dosage would be. As for 4-amino-3-(3,4,5-trimethoxyphenyl)butanoic acid, yeah it's basically mescaline but with a different center that makes it not a phenethylamine. I found a Bluelight thread from google where people were speculating it wouldn't be active, but who knows?

I'm going to give another shot to online dating soon... last time I paid for a site, all the woman were doctors, lawyers, and there I was an analytical chemistry lab tech student... I think I didn't choose the right site. I need to take a few good pictures of myself though. I notice that I do get lot of good eye contacts and smiles nowadays (and even a lot more when I'm phenibut)... so I'm thinking of going a little more bold on day game.

Oh yeah, I used Ok Cupid, it's free, I've seen all sorts of people on there. Don't know if they have it in Canada or not but you shouldn't have to pay for an online dating site. I met a few girls from there before I found my girlfriend (or rather, she found me).

I live in a foreign country and just realized I?m not going back to the US for almost three months and I only have four more doses. I?d normally be dosing today but it looks like I?m going to have a forced break. Maybe I?ll go three weeks and try doing 1.75g instead of 2g to see if I can get a slight reset. When I go back I?m not only going to order a yearly supply but send another yearly supply to let my brother keep in his fridge til he comes to visit in the fall. Never going to let this happen again!

I live in a foreign country and just realized I?m not going back to the US for almost three months and I only have four more doses. I?d normally be dosing today but it looks like I?m going to have a forced break. Maybe I?ll go three weeks and try doing 1.75g instead of 2g to see if I can get a slight reset. When I go back I?m not only going to order a yearly supply but send another yearly supply to let my brother keep in his fridge til he comes to visit in the fall. Never going to let this happen again!

what country? You can probably still order some to wherever you are now... unless its a really backwater country.

what country? You can probably still order some to wherever you are now... unless its a really backwater country.
I?m in the Caribbean and just today got permission from a friend to have an order delivered to their commercial address. Tomorrow I?ll see if <snip> will actually send the order. I really hope so!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I removed the specific source you mentioned since we don't talk about sources. No worries though, I know it's a perfectly legal thing, but we only talk about sources for harm reduction equipment. :)

I had a fantastic trip this weekend on phenibut, AMT and AL-LAD. Holy god, what a nice euphoria. :) I'm still glowing today, 2 days later.

Hey, I removed the specific source you mentioned since we don't talk about sources. No worries though, I know it's a perfectly legal thing, but we only talk about sources for harm reduction equipment. :)

I had a fantastic trip this weekend on phenibut, AMT and AL-LAD. Holy god, what a nice euphoria. :) I'm still glowing today, 2 days later.
Whoops! Thanks, my friend. Now I know!

Looking into these other substances now.

Ironically, this shortage of phenibut has forced me to go to the back of my stash and the last few days I?ve been taking modafinil, choline, caffeine and theanine and it?s been a very nice Plan B. Motivating and energizing, if nothing else. I?ve also got some phenylperacetam to try again. The upside to the phenibut shortage is resetting my tolerance. Can?t be bad, huh?

Never a bad thing. :) I liked phenylpiracetam, it's a bit stimulating, more noticeable than most nootropics in that there is a slight high. I use piracetam most often though as it feels the cleanest and more reliable for me. I like doing runs with noopept but only for a month or so at a time. I've also been taking curcumin with crushed black pepper (for piperidine to make it more bioavailable) for inflammation to help treat psoriasis, but I've also noticed it makes me feel energized and healthy. I'm going to start a stack of curcumin, pure piperidine, and resveratrol soon, as a general tonic, anti-inflammatory, and health promoter. I also really like agmatine, it's a good adaptogenic sort of thing.

Oddly enough, I take heaps of raw turmeric root daily as it?s widely available and very inexpensively where I live. I also love cordyceps, lions mane and bacopa! You get a very noticeable buzz from them and cordyceps is incredible healing.

Never a bad thing. :) I liked phenylpiracetam, it's a bit stimulating, more noticeable than most nootropics in that there is a slight high. I use piracetam most often though as it feels the cleanest and more reliable for me. I like doing runs with noopept but only for a month or so at a time. I've also been taking curcumin with crushed black pepper (for piperidine to make it more bioavailable) for inflammation to help treat psoriasis, but I've also noticed it makes me feel energized and healthy. I'm going to start a stack of curcumin, pure piperidine, and resveratrol soon, as a general tonic, anti-inflammatory, and health promoter. I also really like agmatine, it's a good adaptogenic sort of thing.

If anti-inflammatories are giving you cognitive benefits, try out Carbon-60 in oil suspension. It's super effective for inflammation from what I hear.

Does anybody know anything about phenibut and seizures when on it, or lowering the seizure threshold (i.e not through withdrawal)? I've never had one whilst on it, but it has those (for me) hallmark GABA-B twingy muscle things going on, which are more pronounced at high dose or with say GBL/GHB. I've also experienced a few seizure affiliated phenomena whilst on it, predominantly whilst in a sleep state and especially later that night, or sometimes the next morning. Strong hypnagogic jerks and brain zaps... which I have experienced in borderline sleep state before, especially following MDMA consumption (the days after), but also affiliate with benzo withdrawal and seizures. I've also experienced a brain zap, once, in waking state the day following phenibut. Has anybody else noticed any red flags regarding this? I haven't actually had one from phenibut, and I've been using since September. FTR I'm down to 1300mg again now, and intend to continue to taper on out, and not fuck it up again by going out and redosing all day/increasing my tolerance, which has happened twice.

Tranced, how often do you dose 1300mg? Do you still get ?the glow? or are you having to dose just to feel normal?

I?ve never noticed any negative effects whatsoever but am only doing 2g every 10 days or so.

Tranced, how often do you dose 1300mg? Do you still get ?the glow? or are you having to dose just to feel normal?

I?ve never noticed any negative effects whatsoever but am only doing 2g every 10 days or so.

I'm now dosing 1200mg, but generally do either 1-2 days on, and one day off. The effects have diminished quite significantly, but it's still enjoyable... just not so overwhelmingly pushingly good as it was before.

For anybody wanting to taper, I tend to find that you can use in the above way and reduce by 100mg, or 50mg if neccesary. You still get effects but and it avoids going cold turkey.