• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Quitting, need some help

Def not for everybody but some people like spice/k2/fake weed just as much as the real thing. througout my habait i probably only smoked it once or twice so i can't really comment though. won't show up on a urine though. not sure i'm allowed to say that :/ ..... I never could find the motivation to exercise during W/D. The very idea of moving more than a few feet was a revolting concept. If you can find the motivation though, hell yeah.
What's a good of spice? I heard it hits the cbd receptors hard :)

Different strokes for different folks. i've had worse habits than this and for me atleast, if it was available I wouldn't be tapering. In this situation for example, If I'm on 40 mg oxy i could for sure tell myself tomorrow i'm going to take 35 mg, but when tomorrow comes, ya damn straight I took atleast 40 mg. Tapering is by far the best thing you can do. It just doesn't work for everybody in a setting where they regulate their own dose.

I've had good experiences with spice. Maybe its just me. Where i'm from people love it or are scared too death of it. I much prefer the real thing, but hey, its something.

Last edited:
Well, the day I dreaded came. I ran out and had hit my target day that I promised myself was it. It has been 53 hours and I'm doing okay. Just a little "blah" feeling. Took a flexeril last night after work and crashed around 9. Woke up, worked another 12 hours and will probably take another flexeril in like an hour. It did help relax me last night. I have the ambien on stand by in case Mr. Insomnia pays me a visit. ?

Good for you Mike! Can I ask... what was your dosing schedule for the 3- or 4 days prior to running out? Did you not yet get RLS or tummy/bathroom issues???? If not, you are one lucky dude! The reason I ask is that I am on a very slow taper, with no plans of jumping off 100% yet... I just want to be prepared for anything outside of my control.

Have never gotten the RLS. I'd run out and go 2-3 days without some and I'd get nasty runs, but it's weird, this time around nothing. My immodium usage was minimal this time. Didn't have a loose stool but took 30mg of immodium this morning just in case. As far as my dosing schedule this last week, I was taking 50mg of norco a day, sometimes twice a day, one of those days being the final one.

And my plan was to taper, but I didn't have the patience. I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but I had been on the norco for a long time, 50mg being my usual dose but for the 2-3 weeks before my final week on the norco I had actually switched to 30mg of Percocet. I then went back to my usual norco dosage for my final week.

Thanks, Mike, oh no... I hope your tummy "shuts up"...:D. However, since 72 hours from last dosing is supposedly the peak time for w/d's... you seem to be getting very minimal symptoms. I am sure you know this is a gift... and to take it from the universe with respect... and never use again addictively. If I could bypass the restless legs I would definitely be more open to cold turkey, hence my motivation to stay focused on my taper.

^ wow, sounds like you got off easy! I'm on day 13 of a habit of closer to 80mgs per day for ten years. I still don't want to live yet, but at least I don't want to die anymore (days 1-7). I think maybe you dodged a bullet cause you have only been using for ten months daily? Who knows. Be happy with it and stay away from that crap in the future if you can.

The insomnia may come, but the ambien should make that very bearable.

Congrats on quitting! It's a huge step.

- VE

Thanks guys, I do know the kind of bullet I dodged. In my early 20's I thought it would be fun to recreationally abuse methadone. When I stopped because my source dried up I was on the couch just sweating for 2 weeks and wanted to die. I said never again and then this happened. Took some immodium again last night and that checked my stomach issue. Then dropped 10mg of ambien and went out for like 3-4 hours. Insomnia then showed up, but after and hour or so I remember something my old therapist told me to help me sleep, control your breathing. Clear your mind, big deep breaths in thru your nose and out thru your mouth. It's very relaxing and it actually worked. Drifted back off. I don't know if this is RLS or not, but I did start to kind of flex and unflex my calf muscles, it passed though.

Last edited:
I think I'm out of the woods. Haven't had any since thursday around 3pm and I'm feeling pretty normal today. A bit of tossing and turning last night, but wasn't bad. Fingers crossed. Just need to keep on keeping on. Thanks for all the info. I didn't even dip into the valium I had procured for these past few days.

That is wonderful, Mike! I would not wish opiate withdrawals on my worst enemies... well, maybe one of them, lol. Not needing the Valium is huge!! You are avoiding a potential problem right there!

Very true, I've always hated benzos though. Don't like the way they make me feel. A drug that puts you to sleep kinda defeats the whole purpose. I've always liked to be awake to enjoy the buzz. Lol