• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

EADD Film Recommendations v6 - Nominated five times

Seen the Xmen Apocalype movie. I enjoyed it pretty much as much as the rest of the series, cant get why all the bad reviews

I have ordered this to watch at Christmas, as I gave it a miss due to the reviews you mentioned during its theatrical release. It had to be obtained however as I have the rest on BD / 3DBD (with the exception of 'The Rogue Cut' of DOFP) and I'm really looking forward to it now.

It cannot be as bad as 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' though can it? Fun film, but really sloppy compared to the others and would be virtually unwatchable if not for the charisma of Jackman.

I spotted that there was a new Absolutely Fabulous movie coming out and used to really enjoy the series (before Bubbles got really stupid) - the movie is garbage. I couldn't finish it and considering I watched and had a laugh at 'Attack of the Lederhosen Zombies' this week that should say a lot.

It is pretty funny, if you like the twisted movies have you seen 'Ex Drummer' ?

Watched it not long ago and really enjoyed it. Very much up my proverbial =D

Those last two you recommended have perked my interest too but got loads to catch up on at the moment so will have to wait a while :!

Watched it not long ago and really enjoyed it. Very much up my proverbial =D

Those last two you recommended have perked my interest too but got loads to catch up on at the moment so will have to wait a while :!

It's a really good laugh - If you haven't already seen it try and get/watch 'Human' - amazing Documentary/Film which is filmed very like Baraka/Samsara.

I just checked to see what movies I had been talking about, I would be surprised if you didn't enjoy 'They look like people' low budget, gritty (I can't say much more about it without spoiling it).

The other movie that I'm surprised nobody has mentioned is 'Swiss Army Man' - It is so weird.

Enjoy your day <3

Last edited:
Went to see Ben Hur with my parents at the Silver Screen. I was actually enjoying it right up until it quickly veered into an overblown happy ending, where everything just turns out perfect because MIRACLES, THATS WHY.

Also, £3 for a ticket, a cup of tea and a custard cream - ridiculous.

I was put off of Ben Hur after seeing so many reviews describing it as one of the worst films ever made due to excessive horrid Christian propaganda and extreme technical incompetence on very basic stuff like framing, editing and so forth . Do love me a historical epic though so may get around to it.

Last night we watched I Am Not a Serial Killer. Indie film in fact and feel about a high school kid diagnosed with sociopathy who think he has discovered a serial killer in the small town where he lives. Really enjoyed it right up until the end where we both felt it took a very wrong turn. Still worth watching though imo cos it's mostly great... just consider switching it off when Doc Brown is on the slab ;)

We also watched Zoom - as recommended by Bear a while back. We both really enjoyed this one. What was it about? Good question. Artists and the way their creations take on a life of their own is about as close as I could go but it's a whole lot weirder (and better) than that sounds. Will probably take another viewing or two to really get a grip on it but it's good enough that that is no great chore. Only problem I had was that the copy I found online had no subtitles for the few scenes that are not in English. There's not much of that though so unless those few lines of dialogue solved the entire mystery of what the hell actually was a-g'warnin' it's probably not too much of a loss.

And thanks again, Bear, for more recommendations - I really should try to make more time for catching up with the gazillion and two films I've got cued up for viewings :!

I'm glad you enjoyed Zoom, it a great movie, it is hard to describe but in a good way. If you download 'Human' make sure you get the one with Subtitles - you can always download them separately and add to the file.

Last night I watched 'Fantastic beasts and where to find them' - Nice eye candy and we enjoyed it but it felt like more like an introduction to the characters and a bit of background story for what will follow.

Next one that I'm looking forward for is Arrival and then next month Rogue One.

John Wick 2 is coming out next year if i recall... looking forward to that

^I cant remember watching the first one - I've got 'The Whole Truth' for tonight it's been ages since I saw a movie with him in.

I've just finished watching "Hell House LLC" - run of the mill, lost/found footage horror stuff, OK for background stuff when I was busy. (Sadie - its about killer clowns and pretty creepy so avoid it :D).

I forgot we were supposed to be seeing 'Arrival' tonight but it's not in the Imax cinema yet so I'll wait.

Next one that I'm looking forward for is Arrival and then next month Rogue One.

Really looking forward to Arrival - heard a lot of Good Things about that one. Rogue One is a must see - hope it builds on what last year hinted at. Could go either way on the basis of the first one. Some cringey stuff but a surprising amount of promise too. Fingers crossed, eh! :D

The other sci-fi I have firmly crossed fingers for is Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. New Luc Besson flick based on the French comic book series that has been so ridiculously influential that you'd struggle to find a sci-fi film made in the last 40-odd years that doesn't pay its dues. Msr Besson reckons the technology is finally up to making the film work. Again, one can but hope...

I think that and Guardians 2 come out around about the same time (mid next year) - Arrival came out a few days ago but I really want to see it in IMAX and there still showing 'Fantastic Beasts' - I'll give it a week and if they don't update IMAX I'll try and see it in the cinema.

Riphagen
Quite a low quality movie compared to Black Book, Max Manus, Flammen & Citronen but as with those films it still manages to tell the interesting story of how people were during WWII and what happened.
Imo it also shows what people would be like today if the same happened.

Victoria - A Spanish woman living alone in Berlin gets coerced into a bank robbery by four locals after leaving a club one night.

Really super stuff, all shot in one take too. Had a La Haine sort of feel to it.

Got round to my first ever slice of Mike Leigh kitchen sink this weekend - 'Naked' - perfectly superb collection of, sometimes rapey, 90's proper strops. Where has this film been all my life?

And this afternoon, 'Mum & Dad' inventive low budget Fred West type domestic bliss that should make every wrong 'un envious. Impressive for such a cheap film (cannot find confirmed budget but both the film makers and the BBC allege it was <£100,000)

EDIT: Oh and yesterday I saw 'The Guest' as well entertaining creepy action thriller - "The Bourne Identity crossed with The Terminator" screams the JoBio quote on the box and if all films had to be described using the titles of well known others then I wouldn't argue with this, although it is quite different to either individually.

Last edited:
I watched a strange one over the weekend -

PET - A psychological thriller about a man who bumps into an old crush and subsequently becomes obsessed with her, leading him to hold her captive underneath the animal shelter where he works.

I did get a bit bored with it at times but overall it's an OK movie and worth a watch - it still has fairly high ratings on IMDB but most reviews say that it's a bit too slow so be warned.

Sully was a bit of a disappointment. Good for a boring train journey though, and as ever, Tom Hanks is on his best. I'd rather watch 'Flight' though.

The Accountant was quite good - nice action mixed with character development. A couple of nice twists also.