• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How do opiates rank recreationally?

Why am I here?

Bluelighter
Ok, I was definitely helped in the last thread posted [special thanks for the chart, NG :)], but think I phrased the question a little off and learned of comparitive opiate potency rather than subjective value.

So for you, the experienced users, I'll try to approach this in subjective terms, so you can help me grasp the basics:

You're an overnight guest at a party (whatever type you see fit), and are offered by the host as much as you can ingest that night of a SINGLE opiate. The following are available:

Hydromorphone
Codeine
Heroin
Opium
Morphine
Oxymorphone
Oxycodone
Fentanyl
Methadone
Meperidine
Hydrocodone

Rank choices from highest to lowest if possible, just in case you have to settle for all the guy has left and administer a swift kick to his stomach. Adding choice administration beside each pick would help too... Since the drugs are free and used on site this has nothing to do with bang for yer buck or reselling it on the street

(Oh, and any I've missed are appreciated)

Thanks

:edit for Dilaudid

Last edited:
there's already one of these. You should look up the thread and make a post on it instead of starting the same thing from scratch. I'm not trying to be a mod but I just know people will reply to this when there's already a thread like this

Well in search I didn't find any ranking topics too ordered in objective... just speculation bouncing to and from substances

If that's where this is likely to go, no problem if you wish to close it

That'd be a fun "bar".

1. Heroin - snort or IV
2. Fentanyl - Sucker would be the best
3. Methadone - Chew and swallow
4. Oxycodone - IV
5. Morphine
6. Opium - Smoke or IV
7. Hydrocodone
8. Codeine

1) Heroin (IV)
2) Oxycodone (oral)
3) Morphine (IV)
4) Opium (oral)
5) Fentanyl (a lot of people love fent, but it didn't do for me what i hoped it would)
6) Codeine (sucks bad)
7) Hydrocodone (sucks even more)

never tried:
Oxymorphone (supposed to be one of the best by far)
Methadone (wouldn't bother unless you don't mind withdrawals)
Meperidine (unique rush i would like to experience, but i hear it's not one of the best overall highs)

IV Fentanyl, pethidine, dipipanone and oxycontin (all IV) are my favorites so far. I would imagine oxymorphone would be among those.

eh, i'm pretty much repeating myself from the last time you asked this.

here's my guess. unfortunately i dont get opiate euphoria, so i dont have personal experience to back it up, only what i've heard from others. i'm not specifying method of adminstration for any of these, and am ranking them in general.

oxymorphone > hydromorphone <-> dicacetylmorphine > fentanyl > oxycodone > opium > morphine > methadone > hydrocodone > codeine

if you are going by IV, diacetyl may rank higher, because it can cross the Blood-Brain Barrier very quickly, which is why you get such a good rush, plus it converts into morphine in your system, so the high lasts a while. while i've heard hydromorphone is more intense than diacetyl, it doesnt last as long, so i'd say it comes down to personal preference between those 2.

^Have you ever tried it, or are you just drooling over what you've read about it's potency? Yeah it's more potent than alot of other opioids, but that doesn't mean that the high is better. Look at amphetamine compared to methamphetamine. Amphetamine is more potent, but the high from meth is much better. Hydromorphone is highly over-rated. Dilaudid sucks unless you IV it and even then the high is so short that it's worthless. I'd rather have Vicodin than Dilaudid.

PS: I am not condoning IV use of drugs.

i know

Yeah i've taken it myself not just talking mindlessly about things i heard about. You should know that drugs like these affect people in different ways and the best high i've come across is dilaudid, though i'm really fond of roxicet for everyday use. Can't say i've tried anything IV so i can't speak to that. Also just to throw something in, i get a really different buzz from oxycontin than from percocet or roxicet, and the roxi is the same way cuz it's a tiny pill without all the filler, i just don't get the extreme pleasure reaction from OC. Anyone else have this happen to them?

If you're taking the oxycontin and percocets orally, then the percocet would hit quicker considering it is instant release. Percocets do feel differet orally than even a chewed up oxycontin tablet. There is more of a "rush" with oral percocet than oxycontin. But personally, I prefer oxycontin, because I require high doses and prefer injecting.

And yes, dilaudid is overrated, I would rather inject 200mg of oxycontin than say 20mg of dilaudid.

Last edited:
1. Heroin(IV)
2. Hydromorphone(IV) - you never mentioned this, it's Dilaudid.
3. Morphine(IV or Snort)
4. Fentanyl(Lollipop or sucking patch)
5. Methadone(Oral) - last for 12 hrs.; can be IVed, but decreases duration.
6. Opium(IV or Smoked)
7. Oxycodone(IV, Snort, or Oral)
8. Meperidine(IV)
9. Hydrocodone (Oral)
10. Codeine(ORAL ONLY - IV'ing codeine can cause pulmonary edema - fluid in the lungs)

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^

ok man, i gather you like to iv from your last couple of posts. but please, pretty please DO NOT GIVE DANGEROUS ADVICE!!! while telling some one to iv pills is bad enough, it is very dangerous to iv codeine. this can cause a serious danger to your life.

Last edited:
static white dreams said:

5. Methadone(Oral) - last for 12 hrs.; can be IVed, but decreases duration.

Question: at methadone clinics, do they watch you to make sure you ingest it orally or is it pretty easy to sneak off and IV?

ceryc:

i am not telling anyone to inject ANYTHING. i was simply answering the question (which was one of OPINION and my own personal preference. no, you should not inject pills or anything for that matter, but i do and am mearly describing MY opinion of the "most recreationally valuable opiate" and MY opinion of the most effective route of administration. once again, these are MY opinions and i am NOT telling everyone to go out and do it.

note: the injection of codeine in an ampoule is NOT dangerous, they use them at hospitals a good deal. yes, shooting codeine pills is very dangerous, but as i mentioned in the previous post, you don't inject codeine unless it is the only active ingredient.

nevrendr:

yes, for the most part they watch you closely at methadone clinics, but of course there are always exceptions. the only method would be to "somehow" hold the liquid in your mouth until you left the clinic, but then you wouldn't be able to IV it due to the fact that even if a small amount of saliva is injected, it will nearly always cause a nasty abscess at the least and numerous other health problems (as you can imagine, your mouth has more germs than anywhere else in your body).

i hope i have not offended anyone with my remarks. if so, it was unintentional and the very opposite of what i try to accomplish when i respond to a post.

Codeine is rarely given IV in a medical setting due to the risk of pulmonary edema and other complications. Doesn't matter whether its an amp or crushed tablet. Don't IV codeine ever.

It might be your favourite way of doing it, but it is very unsafe, and you seem to have no idea of the complications that it can have. Seeing as this board's about harm reduction, someone pointed this fact out to you, yet you're still trying to say its safe?

Do some more research before you get "naturally selected".

Last edited: