• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xtampza how to beat it

darock81

Greenlighter
Is there any information on how to circumvent the abuse-deterrent formulation, I ,was previously on ms contin and didnt try to seperate it because it worked fine for pain in its normal form, but because I met the criteria for being switched (under 40yrs old and on long term opiods) the doctor changed it, but xtampza doesnt work and doctor wont change it back. So I thought the only way to get the pain relife he needs is to seperate it, or anyone have any suggestions on what I could say to my dr to change his mind?

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly i would suggest just being honest with your doctor. I take Morphine SR's for pain as well and sometimes i will notice that certain generic brands are better or worse then others. There should be no reason why he wouldn't switch you back to what works.

After weeks of research i realized the only way to break these down is a solvent.. and the most acidic drinkable solvent i could find is lemon juice. I just took 2 Xtampza ER capsules, opened them and placed the contents in a 30ml cup like the ones that come on top of cough syrup.. I then poured about 10-15 ml of lemon juice in the cup and waited 12 hrs.. When i came back to the cup I could CLEARLY see the separation of the oxy which was towards the bottom of the cup and the Xtampza spheres were floating at the top of the cup. I then took my oxy shot.. Voila, IR OXY !! Enjoy.. Xtampza can be beaten because I beat it LoL

Hey man what's up?? Well those asshole on YouTube erased your cider where you enlightened me! And I had to remember where I saw your enlightening post before I saw it on YouTube and I wanted to tell you that I got that asshole of a doctor to most generously give me the 13.5 mg xtampza which are also a frigging joke but I am using the lemon technique once more and its working out ok again!! Lol thanks again!!

The "Epsom salts trick" like has been successful on the old opana er will make the Xtampza ER work a lot faster.

Xtampza is oxycodone NOT oxycodone hcl. The beads are oxy mixed with fats and possibly something else. I assume the presence of fats are why in testing with an 18mg cap the bioavailability increases to match or exceed a 20mg Oxycodone when taken with a high fat/high calorie meal... fasting 18mg is 18mg. High fat increases the Cmat by 100-150% which means the peak blood serum level is nearly twice as high but who is going to eat a clinically defined high fat/high calorie meal very often. It is, per the FDA for testing a meal of 800-1000 calories with at least half of them coming from fat. Nah... medium fat/medium calorie increases the peak blood serum level by about 50%, low by about 19%.
So... all that to say this. It seems there is a connection between fat and Xtampza ER. It would be interesting to see how it dissolves or potentiates when crushed and put in a high fat oil, like peanut oil... I dont know what the result would be but I wouldn?t take it all at once if it does dissolve.
I?ve read info about crushing it and while not delivering like crushed IR, the graph they used showed a definite increase in the activity. The graph showed an increase in activity at the same time rate but a bit higher as far as activity.
I just have a feeling that these little pearls when crushed and mixed with a good fatty oil.. maybe coconut oil, heated a little for clarity will dissolve, oil into oil. It?s a guess but an educated guess.
It can be crushed and snorted but their testing, using experienced drug abusers showed only 50% of people said they?d do it again. So I?m thinking: dissolve in oil then plug.
Someone at the manufacturer told me that the lack of hcl made 18mg of Xtampza comparable to 20mg of OxyContin and that the food (fat food in particular) makes it stronger.
Does this make any sense? It seems like a trail worth checking out to me,
J

BTW, I guess I?m lucky. My PM Dr switched me from 4-10/325 Norco to 2- 18mg Xtampza ER.
I?ve been a patient over 10 yrs. last year I dropped from 4.5 a day to 4 a day. It went ok at first and luckily I had a bunch put aside (I don?t like to run out so I?ll suffer if I have to so I can have extra.
I was taking all of them in the day and trying to just sleep through the night. I think he gave me 18mg x2 a day because I?ve been taking 2 10/325 Norco when I get up, 2 or 1.5 at lunch and .5 at 5:00 PM.
In any case they seem ok but make me clench my teeth and get a headache AND I?ve gained nearly 3 pounds in two days! Some people say they gain 25 pounds... I?ll not be doing that.
I wonder if it has to do with the fat in the med and the fat diet needed for best results.
Damn the DEA, the CDC, and the FDA. Together they are making life much harder than it has to be and helping NO ONE... just hurting people who already hurt!
?

First time posting so forgive any rules I am not aware of. My experience with this goes as follows.
1. dumped the micro beads into a tin cap (anything fire proof preferably metal 3-4 inches wide.)
2. added a tablespoon of coconut oil.
3. used a lighter to heat the underside of the tin. You could also set it on top of a glass candle. The micro beads melted into a liquid into the oil. It didn't turn to a waxy goop or clump. It was pure liquid. Swallowed it down and it hit in 15-20 min just like an IR would.
This was not a lengthy process and does not require waiting 24 hours. Start to finish it took 10 min tops.
Late to the party to reply but hopefully this helps somebody.

First time posting so forgive any rules I am not aware of. My experience with this goes as follows.
1. dumped the micro beads into a tin cap (anything fire proof preferably metal 3-4 inches wide.)
3. used a lighter to heat the underside of the tin. You could also set it on top of a glass candle. The micro beads melted into a liquid into the oil. It didn't turn to a waxy goop or clump. It was pure liquid. Swallowed it down and it hit in 15-20 min just like an IR would.
This was not a lengthy process and does not require waiting 24 hours. Start to finish it took 10 min tops.
I did the same thing but I had no coconut oil, so i used good old fashioned congealed bacon grease. It worked. The pill clarified in the oil, I drank it down. i could taste the drugs in the oil. 20 minutes later I felt the effect.

I did the same thing but I had no coconut oil, so i used good old fashioned congealed bacon grease. It worked. The pill clarified in the oil, I drank it down. i could taste the drugs in the oil. 20 minutes later I felt the effect.
Bacon grease is a good idea actually since high fat is suggested taking this for best results. Glad you also figured it out. I told others but they refuse to believe it will work *shrugs*

Bacon grease is a good idea actually since high fat is suggested taking this for best results. Glad you also figured it out. I told others but they refuse to believe it will work *shrugs*
Would injecting or insnufflating this mixture work? I just tried it with vegetable oil, the beads did dissolve and I drank it down waiting to see how I feel. I used a 36mg xtampza

This works well! I also had no coconut oil at the time. But olive oil work just fine. I used a candle and and empty soup can. I also used much more than one tablespoon of oil. I probably used about 3 to 4 Tablespoons of olive oil. I have tried the other method of using concentrated lemon juice or lime juice. Those methods are extremely time-consuming and don't work for shit!

Has anyone tried this method yet? I just found it.

I was able to do it! I learned from a different subreddit, but can't find it now (I'm literally the worst at reddit, sorry!) Here goes:
  1. Buy Canada Dry Lemonade Ginger Ale in cans, as you're going to need it to be fresh as you do this next time.
  2. Pour about 1.5 ounces of Canada Dry Lemonade Ginger Ale into a microwave-safe glass.
  3. Pour Xtampza straight from the capsule into the glass with the lemonade ginger ale in it. Do not mix or stir, just let the little beads hang out on the surface of the lemonade ginger ale.
  4. Put the glass in the microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
  5. Covering your hands so they don't get burned, remove the glass from the microwave and place it in the freezer for 10 minutes.
  6. Remove the glass from the freezer and place it in the refrigerator. The original poster said to leave in the fridge for 2 hours, but I left mine in for just one hour and 15 minutes, as I had to leave in a hurry, and that worked just fine.
  7. You're going to notice a layer or a few little islands of what were the beads now having melted and the re-congealed on the surface of the lemonade ginger ale. Break these up with something like a fork, ensuring it all stays inside the glass. You may also notice some has melted to the sides of the glass; simply scrape it off with a butter knife, again getting it to stay inside the glass.
  8. Bottoms up! After drinking the concoction (it's honestly not bad at all), refill the glass with water a few times to retrieve any waxy debris off the sides of the glass and drink that as well.
You should feel the effects within 20 minutes, but we're all different, so don't give up too quickly! I tried a million other hypothesis before landing on this one, as I truly did not see how the lemonade ginger ale could actually make any difference, but it works, people!

I confirmed the method RavenLavina posted does work.

This works well also:

I used a 36 mg capsule.

IMPORTANT! Heating time should not exceed a minute! If it takes a minute or longer, you did something wrong.

1. Light a candle.
2. Empty capsule onto a spoon.
3. Add virgin or extra virgin olive oil to the spoon. Not a lot, just enough to cover the capsule contents.
4. Hold spoon over candle flame.
5. Remove spoon from flame when mixture becomes clear.
6. Allow oil AND SPOON to cool.
7. Consume.

I was very surprised this worked. I tried many methods including the lemon juice/soda method which I think worked but was unsure. This method works perfectly.

Have a cool drink nearby, the taste isn't horrible but its not that great either.

Remember not to remove the spoon from the flame until it becomes clear. This is the reason for the extra virgin olive oil. Its more clear and you can see the results. It will become very clear, almost like water. This is when you know its done.|

Cheers

I confirmed the method RavenLavina posted does work.

This works well also:

I used a 36 mg capsule.

IMPORTANT! Heating time should not exceed a minute! If it takes a minute or longer, you did something wrong.

1. Light a candle.
2. Empty capsule onto a spoon.
3. Add virgin or extra virgin olive oil to the spoon. Not a lot, just enough to cover the capsule contents.
4. Hold spoon over candle flame.
5. Remove spoon from flame when mixture becomes clear.
6. Allow oil AND SPOON to cool.
7. Consume.

I was very surprised this worked. I tried many methods including the lemon juice/soda method which I think worked but was unsure. This method works perfectly.

Have a cool drink nearby, the taste isn't horrible but its not that great either.

Remember not to remove the spoon from the flame until it becomes clear. This is the reason for the extra virgin olive oil. Its more clear and you can see the results. It will become very clear, almost like water. This is when you know its done.|

Cheers

I have a bunch of 32mg Xtampzas and just tried this method with the spoon and olive oil. The wax beads definitely melted. Waiting to see if it works

I can second this exact method. Have done it several times. The key is heat it til the liquid is all completely clear like water. Takes 30 to 45 seconds of heat typically. Also, after it cools too much it gets milky looking, if that happens heat it til it clears up. Don't drink it unless it's clear. Kinda gotta blow on it til you can get it down but can't take too long

Would injecting or insnufflating this mixture work? I just tried it with vegetable oil, the beads did dissolve and I drank it down waiting to see how I feel. I used a 36mg xtampza
Absolutely do not inject vegetable oil or *shudder* bacon grease. Unless you actually want an embolism.