• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2016/2017 NFL thread v.... Brady's Revenge

sure. i also think packers, browns, steelers, chiefs and seahawks fans would have something to say about the claim that eagles fans are the most passionate...

alasdair
When I was going through the teams in my head, kc and Seattle were up there too.

I'd say the best way to measure it mightbe something like do the fans still watch the games knowing their team is most likely going to lose... is the stadium still fairly full, even if their team sucks, etc. Different sport but Cubs fans come to mind........before last year that is.

Idk I didn't think you guys would read too much into it tbh

Its not like I watch the games with other people so the fan base as a collective is unimportant to me really

When I was going through the teams in my head, kc and Seattle were up there too.

I'd say the best way to measure it mightbe something like do the fans still watch the games knowing their team is most likely going to lose... is the stadium still fairly full, even if their team sucks, etc. Different sport but Cubs fans come to mind....
....before last year that is.

If these are the metrics you'd have to think Buffalo is number 1

^ yeah, buffalo came to mind for me. jets too.

this thing started when subotai claimed the eagles have the most passionate fans then he came back and said how do you even measure something like that...

it's the kind of fickle, poorly-considered rubbish i expect from most football fans :)

alasdair

ok brah, it is clearly an undefinable metric of the NFL, which team has the best fans.

I'll tell you what team doesnt have the most passionate fans...

the ones who say that they arent the most passionate fans

just doing what im supposed to do

all I was trying to say is that it took the NFL over 50 years to realize that the draft could be so much more than a closed-off suit and tie affair in NYC.

Chicago was nice and everything, but Philly really set a precedent for the drafts to come IMO

these are facts. what I said was just an opinion I formed a long time ago that just so happened to fall in line with recent facts

Buffalo is practically Canada so I cant really see them being the best fans, way too agreeable of a culture up there

C94pxJkXsAAGHmz.jpg

Looks like the pack has a difficult schedule.. at least this year we do not have long home home road stretches and the bi is right in the middle.

I would argue that having a supremely dedicated fan base can serve as a detriment to a team. If the fans continue to park their ass in the seats and glue their eyes to the TV every Sunday no matter how mediocre the product becomes, how is the owner to have any incentive to actually make his organization function correctly?

I credit Miami's lack of dedication to the turnaround in the way our franchise is run. Stephen Ross is a bumbling fucking idiot, but by refraining from season ticket purchases and tuning out of games on Sundays, we forced him to keep shuffling things up til we found something that worked.

Cleveland fans are dedicated as fuck and look where that gets them.

The owners need to feel a burning in their pockets. Nobody wants to go down as the guy who bankrupted a major sports franchise.

it is what fans of both the sabres and bills have been discussing for years.

I must admit that the Pegula's aren't holding back on money being put into the area and organizations.

the bills have some talent on their team but jesus rex ryan sucks.

i am excited for football season. some great player moves. some great rookies to watch. some teams ascending (dolphins, raiders, bucs). some teams just sucking (jets).

roll on september 7th.

alasdair

yea, but I do suppose Manning deserved a shot.

There's still a small chance for GB.

green bay have a pretty solid team. not sure about ty m at running back but he seems capable. they upgraded the o-line with evans but their defense is a big question mark...

alasdair

I like ty m at running back.. he looked really good last year. I saw glimpses of something really special in him. Another year with Don at the helm of the defense:( and we have development that needs to happen for sure.

I'm really optimistic though, but still feel we have a pretty rough schedule. Looking forward to seeing the sea chickens in Lambeau though.

I'm nervous to see if Carson Wentz has improved at all going into year 2. We upgraded his receiving core from dreadful to mediocre so I would like to see a little bump in the yards and touchdown stats. Otherwise I still feel we are destined for a 7 win season. We won't make the playoffs until we upgrade the secondary.

^ who's going to win the nfc east? i think the giants...

maybe it's time to start a new thread for the upcoming season :) pre-season week 1 is just over a month away.

alasdair