• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2016/2017 NFL thread v.... Brady's Revenge

Maybe. Probably not. It certainly is evidence that Belichik's as good or better than everyone thought he was.

I wanna see Bellicheck keep coaching like at least 5 years after Brady

if he can succeed with Life After Brady, he will be cemented as the best coach of all-time

Honestly I think this has proven the genius of Belichick and undermined Brady's supremacy.

that's exactly what it did, granted, the team is playing fantastic defense - but still, it has changed their whole narrative

exactly. as die hard a pats anti-fan as I am, and as much as Brady is unquestionably hall of fame material and on anyone's short list for GoAT (although I'm not sure I'd apply it to him; there's stiff competition and it's difficult to compare different eras when the game was different, he's certainly the greatest of his era) and as much of a wicked and slimy SOB that Belichik is he is this sort of mad scientist, most brilliant football mind ever type material; defense, offense, 2nd, 3rd string quarterback, he's been able to make it happen more than not again and again. I bet NE and the under exactly cause of this and I expected a defensive game. a fair few people were betting on Houston because no Brady no name third stringer whatever love my Jets as much as I do there's no sleeping on Belichik

Another year of dealing with a really good patriot team.. Shits got to end some time right..

Doesn't Brady play a role, however, in making sure his offense is humming in the pre-season, and then acting as de-facto QB coach and field general during his 4 game hiatus? We also have to factor in the respect factor. Teams play as cautiously on defense as they would if Brady were in, because of course it's the fucking Patriots, but IMO it is an illusion that would fade over the course of a 16 game season.

Same sort of thing happened during the Matt Cassel year; he looked Brady-esque at first and then faded gradually. Fortunately for the Patriots Brady will be back before that happens.

no brady? no garoppolo? no problem.

0-27 - nice win.

3-0 and bills at home next week.

:)

alasdair

Can I just wear the avatar for a month now?

Fucking bills suck so bad they even win when I pick them to lose. fml. kys Carson

Last edited:
fuck today. I got killed. especially on unders. should've reconsidered ARI when the line moved big time, that was a hell of a good game too … and same NYG too where I even bought ½ but I was up all night drinking tbh now Fitzpatrick throwin picks, tfw

season so far 200 and change in the green though but took some big hits today

Last edited:
my parlay went south on the first eg when the bengals rolled over at home...

some great football today. fun shoot out at green bay - thanks goodness marvin jones jr. is on my fantasy team :)

great result for buffalo - their d made sure carson palmer had a miserable day.

and the eagles making the steelers look like bumbling fools. the philly defense continues their great season and the offense looking pretty comfortable all day.

alasdair

Last edited:
How about them Eagles! That was a magical game. Sproles Wentz and beating the steelers brains in. Loved it!

^ yep.

ryan fitzpatrick threw just 188 yards with no touchdowns and six interceptions. tough day.

alasdair

How about them Eagles! That was a magical game. Sproles Wentz and beating the steelers brains in. Loved it!

I was also really happy to see this...
Mostly because my Bengals got rekt

9 penalties totaling up to 69 yards
Adam Jones getting burned repeatedly, though he did own up to it in an interview

some great football today. fun shoot out at green bay - thanks goodness marvin jones jr. is on my fantasy team :)

i almost turned off the game early on. glad i didn't, despite that we still lost.

green bay was picking apart our run game so well, i was saying at first that i don't even think having Abdullah back on the active roster would have made a difference. changed my mind by the end, tho... fucking injuries.

so excited for the falcons game tonight! although this is what they always do...they look great the week before and actually give me hope for the season and the very next week massively disappoint.

you needed this win after losing to the bucs. freeman/coleman looked great as did matt ryan.

alasdair