• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

My brief summary : Suboxone 8mg cold turkey days 1 - 10

Lol ty guys! Gotta embrace the odd things about ourselves as that's what makes us... us. :)

I shall stick around as I find this place tends to help me stay grounded. Also the people are quite nifty as well.

So a little short update is due.

I haven't updated as I felt like nothing has really happened in the past week or so.

I'm going to work feeling good in the mornings. Normally 2 hours before my shift ends I crash as all I want to do is sleep. Its not a horrible crash but normally significant. Ill get home and some nights find a second wind but for most nights, I eat, then promptly pass out.

Still slight sleep issues. Mainly wake up every few hours finding myself deathrolling like a crocodile. But I manage to go back to sleep pretty quickly.

Last night, I think I got a migraine or something. Driving home from work was torture as the lights from the oncoming traffic felt like it was bypassing my eyes and hitting my brain. Also my check engine light came on. Lol. I normally don't get headaches but I guess I'm still currently susceptible to them.

So I meant to post about this the other day but forgot to.

I helped a person who came in to repair the screen on their phone. I immediately was drawn to a tattoo on their right forearm. Hard to miss really. It was a huge red stop sign. That was it.

What really got me was the fact that, all around the stop sign going all the way into their hand, there was freshly laid tracks. ( and one super infected one near their knuckle). None on that stop sign that I could tell though. And I stared at that thing.

That kinda tugged at my heart strings a bit. I almost wanted to say something. I knew I couldn't though. That would be a bit of an awkward conversation... Especially to a customer at work.

Kinda reminded me of the struggle we all face here. How that even with constant reminders of the hell we go through to grab onto a better life for ourselves... Its so easy to slip back into old ways and visit hell once more.

~MNSC~

MNSC, you have quite the beautifully tender heart you do, if you don't mind my saying so :) You are an asset to SL.

Hey Mr.Clean!

I'm so glad you plan to stick around. I hate when people just disappear on me (even if it's my internet friends) - which I think will be a downside of this forum (but with all the up sides, I'll take it).

It's funny you bring up the STOP tattoo dude - I happen to run into a lot of people in really crappy situations in the line of work I'm in. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to tell the people I work with to get their ass to a meeting or to quit lying about what the problem is...but you just can't cause you are at work. It sucks cause you can see how much pain they are in - and in my job I have to ask questions about what their issues are at any given time - and most of them lie. Which I get, I would too if someone asked me! It's just hard seeing it so obviously and wanting to help but not being able to. I just have to hope there is someone who loves them in their life seeing the same stuff I see and is in a better position to help.

I took some pictures for you on my hike recently - now I gotta figure out how to post them! No fancy sunrises or anything - but I still think you will like them.

- VE

It would be awesome! Go do it or Ill cry ?

So... It literally has been years since I've been able to drink literally anything. It has been longer since I've been able to get drunk...

I think I may partake in gratuitous libations tonight.

(Don't worry. I've always had a responsible relationship with alcohol)

3 year old bottle of Jack freshly opened... Why hello you dirty burly man you... Well shit I took a pic but not uploading to imgur. The jack looks reeeeallly light colored lol
PgT2h

This place needs a damn chat room.... so ad bots can immediately fill it.... chat rooms used to be awesome back in the day :(

Aaaaaaand.... I'm toasted. Just ate a disgusting amount of chicken nuggetst with ketchup and Frank's red hot... I'm soo full... and tired... I love you guys!!!
( in that platonic, everyone here helped me out through one of the toughest timeso in my life drunk kind of way)

Achievement unlocked: Get drunk and eat too many mashed up chickens then tell a lot of people on the internet!!!

I shall keep my future shenanigans in the social sir. ?

Slightly hungover. Apparently I have become quite the lightweight after 3 years as I only slightly remember that chicken nugget post.

I started drinking very heavily when I quit suboxone. I had never liked drinking before that but all of a sudden I was polishing off a pint of whiskey in the afternoon. I ended up relapsing on opiates before it got bad but I was well on my way to a physical alcohol addiction. So be careful.

I shall keep my future shenanigans in the social sir. ��

Slightly hungover. Apparently I have become quite the lightweight after 3 years as I only slightly remember that chicken nugget post.

I figured. No worries. I'm glad you had some fun, just be careful with the booze as cj said. Otherwise, carry on good sir :)

Yeah. I'm kinda tentative when it comes to liquor atm. I did drink liquor every now and then prior to subs but trying to stay vigilant now. ( I only managed 2 shots and like 4 beers)

I definitely don't plan on making it a habit. :)

Ty for looking out for me guys. ?

I myself enjoy a nice drink with good company and a tasty meal when it is appropriate. Never had an issue with booze - in fact I hate how getting drunk makes me feel, both while intoxicated and afterwards. Generally the folks who have to watch out the most are those who have struggled with gabaergic substance use or binge drinking.

MC -

I don't drink either really... I mean I will if it sounds good, but it never sounds good. Besides that, every single time I drink I feel sick. Or at least for as far back as I can remember. I think the last drink I had was from a business meeting in which there was pressure to drink so I ordered one and then didn't even drink half of it and I felt like shit. That must have been 4 years ago? After that I just said "no thanks" every time the pressure came and now people don't ask anymore - but they do give me shit for being too straight...I guess I just wasn't cut out for drinking.

Maybe when I'm at the 60 day mark I'll give it a go and see how I feel, but I doubt it. It just holds no interest for me. But I'm glad you had fun with your chicken nuggets!

about my pictures, I don't feel right posting them on your "I made this!" thread cause I certainly didn't make it. I pushed a button on my phone to show you where my walks take me...that's certainly not something I can take credit for. I'll PM them to you.

- VE

K, no worries about what you do with the photos.

I used to have an issue over drinking back in college because everyone would be going hard and binging and, while I didn't want to, I almost always felt pressured into knowingly consuming more than I was comfortable with. Now, when I do imbibe, I'm basically like, "Whatever, you can finish my shit if I don't."

And it is sad when I buy too much booze and my buddy ends up consuming mine after I'm finished with however much I drink because he feels like it shouldn't go to waste and ends up sick the next morning.

Learning how to drink properly is a skill. Like learning how to consume any other drug responsibly, for that matter. I have no problem milking my cocktail or ale these days %)

I know this is an old thread, but I am on day 8 of coming off sub cold turkey, most of the withdrawal is down to manageable levels, except the insomnia, I am going on 2 hrs sleep in 3 days and seriously I am seeing shit, I have tired gabapentin and Tizandine and alcohol to try to knock myself out but nothing is working, please any advise you could give for getting some zzzzzzzzz

Hey boomshit and welcome to SL

Honestly, for me the insomnia was probably the worst part. I literally had to keep my brain occupied constantly for the first 2 weeks to kinda "forget" how tired I was. (Ridiculous amounts of xbox)I had tried most OTC meds but most just made me extremely drowsy but still unable to fall asleep.

Alcohol definitely doesn't work for sleep (at least in my case)as even at 30ish days I was still getting massive headaches when I drank.

If I had to sum it up, it seems suboxone has a lingering wd period. The acute symptoms weren't absolutely horrible but the mental drain caused by the insomnia and rls was killer.

I finally tried exhausting myself by walking/hiking for a couple hours a day. It was difficult as shit to motivate myself to do it but really the insomnia/rls was my motivator. The walking and hiking truly was what helped me the most.

I know that's probably not what you want to hear as I know getting up and moving was the last fucking thing I wanted to do.

My doc did end up prescribing ambien at around day 30 but I never took it so that may be an option to try as well.

I know toothpastedog gave a ton of things to try as well that I never got around to. I'll try to find it and quote it as that dude is a fountain of knowledge.

Hang in there boomshit. It's a rough ride with plenty of turbulence but the landing is definitely worth it.

In the meantime, this thread http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/307488-A-guide-to-opioid-addiction-treatments-and-other-medications-used-for-withdrawal
Is a wealth of knowledge (sorry on my phone and can't post the link correctly)
~MNSC~

Last edited: