• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

My brief summary : Suboxone 8mg cold turkey days 1 - 10

The morning after posting it felt like I was carrying a large cow on my back and he hasn't gotten off.
~MisterNotSoClean~

This made me laugh... I found it very mooving

..ummm sorry..

How's it going Mister? ..... bored of Fallout 4 really? I'm still finding that a great way to pass the time ...but i'm only level 49.

Lol the cow finally moved to greener pastures as I slept like a semi normal person last night. I took magnesium and Tylenol at around 10 and was out by 11. Granted I still tossed and turned in my sleep but almost feels like real sleep again.

I've never been one to play many vid games for the past few years. Other than GTA5 I don't think I've put in over 30 hours in any game recently. I got 28 hours on fallout 4. But I just picked up my guitar and legitimately made real music yesterday for the first time in about 3 weeks :D. So I may be selling the Xbox to fund more unnecessary music equipment lol.

Anyways still going. I'm now feeling better each day. I may be at like 50% hp now... Just need some damn radaway to heal the rest ;)

Good to hear.

That radaway is shit.. I can get you ultrajet or some mysterious serum just say the word ;).

Just thought I'd check in.

Almost a month now and most acute symptoms gone. The only one that has stayed off and on are the back aches and also I sneeze if anything touches my nose which is odd.

Now I am sleeping... too much... Today I slept 16 hours. 12 straight from midnight to noon. Then slept from 2- 6pm. Physically I feel okay but I have been just absolutely drain for the past week.

Took a walk tonight. Only about a mile and by the time I got back I was soaked in sweat and head was pounding. Oh what fun. I plan on trying to walk a 2.5 mile trail tomorrow. 5 mile round trip. Hopefully I can beat the shit outta my body and force it to wake up. As much as I don't want to go for a cute stroll through the woods, I need to get over this unmotivated exhausted state.

Otherwise, all is well. Seeing my doc on Tues just to check in. Maybe he'll have some insight on how to beat the exhaustion. Also if yall have any tips let me know!

~MisterNotSoClean~

Walking and sweating is fucking awesome brother. You have no idea how much your body is thanking you for your efforts! Have you thought about trying yoga? You can just youtube beginner's yoga exercises, it's all very easy. And, like with walking, your body (and mind) will be so incredibly grateful :)

Keep up the good work!

Nice dude......I admire ur resolve :) At least you made it through the times when you couldn't sleep. I find that the most annoying part of withdrawal. 2 days into withdrawal and I'd give a limb to be able to sleep for an hour. And the sneezes. ...oh the sneezes......sometimes I'll sneeze so many times in a row I puke.

Good to see you doing well tho....keep up the good work :)

Fuck you almost make it sound easy (I mean It seems like you've played it down loads) , but I know it must be hell. Well done you 'tired crybaby bitch' ;)
Hehe. I like the part where he mowed the lawn while withdrawing hardcore ;)

Hehe. I like the part where he mowed the lawn while withdrawing hardcore ;)

That was fucking dumb. I think I damn near gave myself a heart attack as it was pounding out of my chest the rest of the night lol. I still haven't mowed again and that was only the front yard. My balls weren't steely enough to finish the back which looks like a jungle atm.

So RLS came hArdcore last night so fell asleep around 5 am. Didn't get to go walking as I live in Tx and feel like temp today was 105f hence needed to leave early. Did manage to do some cleaning around the house and gonna attempt to be social by going to my Gfs Brothers birthday party to see if I can pass as a person yet.

I guess maybe walking tomorrow... or even more fun... yard work...

That was fucking dumb. I think I damn near gave myself a heart attack as it was pounding out of my chest the rest of the night lol. I still haven't mowed again and that was only the front yard. My balls weren't steely enough to finish the back which looks like a jungle atm.
lol

So RLS came hArdcore last night so fell asleep around 5 am. Didn't get to go walking as I live in Tx and feel like temp today was 105f hence needed to leave early. Did manage to do some cleaning around the house and gonna attempt to be social by going to my Gfs Brothers birthday party to see if I can pass as a person yet.

I guess maybe walking tomorrow... or even more fun... yard work...
How are you doing today

Doing OK. Feel somewhat like a person. Just got to the bday party and made the mistake of eating so now I just wanna go to sleep.

But all in all, doin well all things considered. Still have to stay another few hours so we shall see.

Can I call you Mr. SoClean now, please? ;)

You are doing so awesome and I love hearing about your progress. Keep up the good work. I hope you get your energy back soon - for now, try not to worry if your yard looks a bit jungle-y. You have the rest of your life to keep up on yard work. Don't rush yourself if you don't have to!

best of luck.

- VE

Party went well. After eating we ended up busting out a Wii and I fucking wrecked shop at some Mario cart. Had my first beer and a shot in 3 years. (for some reason I completely lost my taste for any alcohol while on subs)Twas his 21st so had to share in the festivities.

Got home at 11 and was tired as shit... didn't go to sleep til 5am >.<. Part of this up and down process. Luckily when I do go to sleep I actually stay asleep. Hopefully that trend continues.

As you're probably aware, contrary to what some people think alcohol can fuck with one's sleep schedule. I'm glad you had fun though :)

MisterNotSoClean, thank you for continueing to update.

I read so many threads where someone starts to detail their progress but then just stop.

I am on sub myself, switched over from methadone last October after 16 years on the program.

I am tapering, I am down to 4mg now but don't know if I will get much lower.

You are doing an awesome job of pushing through this man, I am sure there are many people like myself who are reading this thread and gaining confidence.

The only thing I could suggest is maybe you could consider using some amino acid supplements, perhaps they may help with energy.

The list of supps I have come up with in preparation for my attempt are as follows.

An essential amino acid supplement.

L-glutamine.

A good multi vitamin and possible a zma supp.

I guess if you are eating well it may be unnecessary, but if you aren't eating that well it may help.

Again thanks for keeping us up to date on your progress and congratulations.

Ty for the support and advice Vision!

Amazingly enough, I have yet to have a problem eating. I went through weird ass cravings that I never have (salad, green beans straight from the can, and hot sauce on everything) but that mainly has subsided now. The only times I've ever even thrown up in my life is while on Hydros and once when I 16 and had a super case of mononucleosis that wrecked my liver causing super nausea. Luckily no permanent dmg done. (Also once when I was 21 and attempted to chug 2 pitchers of shiner bock but I don't count that)

But really I think the exhaustion is due to the eradicate sleep schedule more than anything. I've always loved sleeping and when not on anything have had a very normal sleep schedule. The couple nights I did go to sleep around midnight I felt ok the next day energy wise just unmotivated.

So into something weird I've noticed today. This probably will make absolutely no sense to anyone but me but we shall see I guess.

So for about the past week I've felt almost like a person except for one nagging thing. My head feels like it's filled with concrete... and not in a painful way. It's like instead of having a jello-y spongy brain it feels like it's like fossilized or something. Weird way of putting it but it's the only way I can put it into words. Almost like every thought has to dig through my brain like a worm through the earth to make it to whatever body part is necessary to convey that thought. Its almost as if I've become acutely aware of the process. Again it's not a painful thing and probably just some weird shit my brain is doing trying to adjust... but I must say it's definitely a very awkward feeling.

Other than that just want to take a time out and say thanks to all for the support. I tend to keep my personal matters very private in my everyday life. There are 3 people who know what I am going through. My gf, my mother, and my Dr. None of who can truly relate to how much fun this whole process can be. So it makes it difficult to talk to them about any of this as most people who haven't been in this situation have a tendency to brush it off as "why couldnt you just stop?" And "It's just like the flu, don't be a pussy." These are things I was told years ago when I previously kicked it. So having this outlet has really helped and i appreciate all the encouragement and advice.

Kinda strange, few years ago I was visiting Bluelight for CWE info and other similar goodies of information. Now kinda have done a total 180 in the information and community I seek :p

Thanks again,

~MisterNotSoClean~

MisterNotSoClean, thank you for continueing to update.

I read so many threads where someone starts to detail their progress but then just stop.

I am on sub myself, switched over from methadone last October after 16 years on the program.

I am tapering, I am down to 4mg now but don't know if I will get much lower.

You are doing an awesome job of pushing through this man, I am sure there are many people like myself who are reading this thread and gaining confidence.

The only thing I could suggest is maybe you could consider using some amino acid supplements, perhaps they may help with energy.

The list of supps I have come up with in preparation for my attempt are as follows.

An essential amino acid supplement.

L-glutamine.

A good multi vitamin and possible a zma supp.

I guess if you are eating well it may be unnecessary, but if you aren't eating that well it may help.

Again thanks for keeping us up to date on your progress and congratulations.

Oh and yes, at the moment I'm probably taking everything vitamin wise under the sun at the moment. (Completely went on a tangent in previous post) It does help but brutal honesty here, ASS LOADS OF SUPER BLACK COFFEE. Lol I've been a coffee consumer since I was 15 and since this process, I've been going hard as a mother fucker on seeing if I can make a coffee so black that no light can escape it. Downsides? I already am shaky and the ridiculous amount of coffee doesn't help and I'm 100% positive it has played a role in my sleeplessness.

Probably though what has made the biggest difference in energy vitamin wise has been B6. That seems to perk me up a bit. The Lglut I couldn't tell any difference. Still am taking both just because at this point along with vitamin c as well.

Anyways, to sum up what I am taking currently: (all once a day)

Loperamide: 4mg down from 10mg
B6: not sure I just take 2
Lglut: not sure take 2
VitC: 1500mg
Advil: depends on muscle/ back aches but haven't taken any today. For some reason Advil has been the only thing that works.
MisterNotSoClean coffee: way too much. Don't be like me.
Magnesium: 250-500mg Currently in a love hate relationship with it. Some nights it helps the rls others it seems to make it worse
Melatonin: 10mg also love hate relationship. Sure makes me tired as hell but if the magnesium doesn't work it's pointless

I think I will try the amino acid thingys as I have yet to try that. I shall pick some up tomorrow.

I would always recommend subs over methadones. Those little bastards are vile as ive seen many of my old friends get further into junk after methadone.

EDIT: (Both methadone and suboxone have their place and uses within the road to recovery and I am personally biased as ive had ... err... bad experiences with old friends.
Toothpastedog correctly pointed out I worded the previous paragraph very shittily so thought I'd make an edit.)

Just curious Vision, how was the transition from methadone to subs and are you trying to kick the subs or just taper down?

Last edited:
Sometimes methadone is the far superior medication. As we all know, when it comes to drugs and their effects, generalizations only get us so far. That said, if it can be avoided, for a whole host of reasons (none of which are pharmacologically however), I'd also always recommend buprenorphine over methadone in countries like the US where methadone is highly regulated unless a full agonist is absolutely necessary (in which case there is zero shame in that).