• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest Bluelight Photography Contest Round 383: Fauna, Flora, & Fungi [closed]

vote!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted for Sigmond and The Buzzard Vulture Raptor Bird.

edit: and I swear it was before I saw he voted for me! :D

Last edited:
I voted for Sigmond and The Buzzard Vulture Raptor Bird.

edit: and I swear it was before I saw he voted for me! :D

appreciated, its one of the only votes i have received this year. your photo got me a little excited about the idea of going on a mushroom hunt. i read there exists the possibility of finding three different types of 'desirable fungi' in my region!

^Did you go on the hunt?

^Did you go on the hunt?
not yet! i was thinking a little mycology research would be a great way to rekindle my relationship with nature! i noticed its fairly popular in my area so perhaps i could find someone who has some experience. you ever go?

Mushroom hunting is fun. I recommend it. When I lived in the Pacific Northwest, I hunted for several seasons. Each hunt took the whole day and involved going into the mountains with a topo map. I had many good hunts and earned money selling them.

not yet! i was thinking a little mycology research would be a great way to rekindle my relationship with nature! i noticed its fairly popular in my area so perhaps i could find someone who has some experience. you ever go?

I do, or have, but not for some years. At least, not specifically. I live in a pretty mushroomy area, its in small mountain range which is pretty heavily wooded, very damp and often not heaps of sun. I check out mushrooms on most walks that I go on, but haven't specifically hunted for a while. A few years back, I used to enjoy psilocybin mushroom picking and found that they were growing absolutely everywhere. Good times.

You're right, its a good way to get out in nature. A nice excuse, though you spend the majority of the time looking downwards. :)

Weird things, mushrooms. :\

awesome photos kaden! im going to move them to the photography thread because the contest threads get archived very quickly.

Bearlove your photo has disappeared.

Thanks Sigmond, I didn't know there was such a thread. I'll have to check it out.

I'm not sure what has happened - a few of my images have vanished from the site /file sharing.

Here it is again
DSC_9535_Copy.jpg

Last edited:
^seems a lot of people do, so we probably won't wait too long before using another theme that includes them.

Congrats Bearlove! Thank you to everyone who participated in this round!

Status
Not open for further replies.