• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2016-2017 NBA thread v.

clippers are trending downwards unfortunately. Blake Griffin got a mega deal and is he really worth that?

Beverley is a good defender but you literally just lost the best pure point guard in the league. Your offense is going to be noticeable worse, especially since DeAndre got most of his points at the rim from CP3 anyway. I'd be surprised if he averages over 10 a game this year. You know, unless he suddenly shoots a solid 20-25% better from the free throw line. As KG would say "annnyyythhiiinnggss possssiiibbbllleee"

Gallinari is a decent player, but again, how much does he really move the needle when you are playing guys like Kawhi and KD and Paul George now out West night in and night out.

I really don't see the Clippers making the playoffs this year, and Doc Rivers will probably get fired if they don't and they should really just blow the team up TBH

Last edited:
I'd probably watch more basketball if they shortened the season down a little bit from 82 games. 82 games is fucking crazy. Oversaturation devalues the product and makes the regular season feel meaningless.

Even when the playoffs do come around, we all basically know who is going to win anyways. Spoiler: it will be either Cleveland or Golden State. Before that it was Miami or San Antonio. Before that it was Lakers/Celtics, etc etc...

BB is a fantastic sport, but the league feels too predictable to hold any interest for me unless the Heat are in that title hunt, and we are clearly a 2nd round team this year, with only the slightest chance of pushing it to the ECF, where Cleveland would massacre us anyways.

East is weak as fuck and only growing weaker, and the Heat went 31-10 over the course of the second half of the season.

Heat are a strong team, but strong doesn't cut it anymore in the NBA. It's superteam or gtfo.