• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Iboga alkaloids/100mg - amitriptyline/10mg) Iboga antidepressant interactions.

Ektor

Bluelighter
A few days ago I had the chance to try again some iboga extracts that have been sitting there a few months in what I can say now was a stupid and reckless move, but at least now we have first hand anecdotal datas.

For a little bit of background I have been addicted to opioids for about 7 years and I am now on 0.2 / 0.4 mg buprenorphine a day.. not a high dose. Also I was put by my psychiatrist on a low dose antidepressant antipsychotic med combo almost a year ago for anxiety and anorexia problems. The pills contain amitriptyline 10mg and perphenazine 2mg, the prescription is 2 pills a day.

As I am trying a taper to zero of the bupe with a lot of effort to not fall into big swings of dose I thought a little kick from a low dose iboga extracts could be helpful.
The extract is a full spectrum alkaloid extract with 50% actives inside.

To the experience, the morning I took only one of the psych med pills I usually take and at about midday I took a test dose of about 50mg extract, equaling to 25mg iboga alkaloids.
No adverse(or any kind) reactions were noted in the next 3 to 4 hours.
I then go to a friend's place, seen that the combo feels safe we proceed to ingest other 150/200mg of extract each, totaling to 100/125mg of alkaloids for me.

In about a hour I can feel the first effects:
A tingling sensation on my head's skin and the classical iboga sharp thinking state of mind. But this state is fragile and short lasting, giving way to an agitated and confused state where I started to experience big vasoconstriction/dilation waves and tingling pain in my limbs and mucous membranes up to the point of total nose congestion and a strange rash on my internal tooth gums.
This was really not what I was hoping for.
Later in the night I took 0.4mg buprenorphine for insomnia and the still lingering pain I had, screwing my plan of taper.
I have to say that positive effects from the experience were not zero and that I still feel somewhat more sensitive a few days after. But it is totally not worth the risk of a potentially fatal serotonin syndrome, so please guys don't try this at home!
The only value of this experience is for people currently on antidepressant who wanna try iboga microdoses so they can think about it a second time before trying this out.

Be aware, be curious and stay safe!

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_ibogaine
substancecode_amitriptyline
substancecode_antidepressants
substancecode_pharms
substancecode_perphenazine
substancecode_antipsychotics
substancecode_buprenorphine
substancecode_opiates
_combo_
explevel_firsttime