• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Is taking mdma three times within three days safe?

Purgator

Greenlighter
So Im going to a festival for three days and I plan on taking 1 point of mdma the first day and 2 points on each of the next two days. Is this safe or could it potentially be dangerous?

I dont think it is ok whatsoever. You should definitely have at least 1-2 months between taking it. Your serotonin levels decreases af and it takes a while to regenerate. You should be really cautious. MDMA is relatively safe if taken responsibly but it has its limits. Also you wont get that euphoric feeling the other days because you body will not be able to generate it as much as the first day. Its a personal experience. Every human body is different but 3 days of rolling in a row is never ok imo. Have a great festival :)

You might be a bit burnt out by day 3 and probably won't get the best high out of your MDMA or enjoy the last day of the festival as much. Is there anything else you like that you can maybe have instead on the first night?

Everyone is different as stated but really it's much better to focus on a one day experience as your just chasing a high the next two days, which will never be as good as that first because of the depletion of your Serotonin and the reduced levels of energy associated with raving your ass of for 3 straight days ?

.1 maybe to low to get a rounded experience depending on your body weight, MD quality etc. 2 maybe to too high. Always best to dry run if possible to determine quality and your sweet spot before you go, but alas you do need to do that test 1 month before hand to get the most.

Often the negative side effects become more apparent dropping so close in succession. I did it once 3 days and honestly not worth the hassle and you just tend to be left feeling exhausted and amp'd.

Better to chose something else like LSD or 2 C B. Although if you have not experienced either before the festival and got the feel of them won't recommend you try it out at a festival first time.

And of course make sure you have tested your stuff before you go, and never buy in festivals - it's the most common place for dirty dealers to get rid of their adulterated products.

If you don't take MDMA very often, you might get away with it for 2 days. I personally wouldn't do it ever myself. I would absolutely advise against a 3rd day - you will likely not feel very much if anything at all, and it will exacerbate any negative effects like the comedown etc

It might be something that a lot of people do and 'get away with', but from a harm reduction standpoint it's simply not recommendable unfortunately. People can and do experience negative effects from MDMA binges which can last for a while and which were certainly not worth those few days of use.

Even beyond the potential risks, you almost certainly won't experience anywhere near the same effects on the second and third times, not without a potentially dangerous increase in dose. It will also impact your long term tolerance to MDMA (I.e damage the 'magic')

No it's not safe. You won't get much effect from the mdma on the two following days. You will feel buzzed but not good.
Mdma makes serotonin in your brain available with the known loved up effects.
After the store of serotonin has gone, you don't have any more to release.
The mdma then metabolizes differently and can cause harm.
In the best case you will feel really down after your weekend. In the worst case you might cause nerve damage or any kind of other shit. Not a good idea

i highly recommend not doing it that often.
with mdma you'll get diminishing returns very quickly. some people cannot even roll properly two days in a row, many report getting next to no good effects but lots of side effects on the third day at the latest.
by dropping on consecutive days you'll also increase your risk of getting unpleasant and drawn-out comedowns exponentially. another point is that your tolerance will rise significantly faster.

in short: there are lots of downsides and the upsides of are minimal. if you have to take something the other days, make it another drug that's not an entactogen.

It's a really stupid thing to do, MDMA only provides a few hours of fun. Trying to extend it only leads to bad effects.

- Nobody ever fucking do this -

Please, just listen to me here.

This.

I have permanent physical issues because of doing this too many times at festivals. One of the biggest regrets of my life.

Just drink a couple beers and smoke a joint or two and eat well day 1 of festival. Save that stuff for one of the other nights, trust me dude, back to back days could be bad.

i doubt youll be in any danger, however, if youre nervous about it....drink lotsssss of water and try not to booze too much on top of it...and most of all, be ready to feel like absolute shit the day after your done with all that rolling!!!

Not really, you'll be wasting it for one thing.... it'll hardly work on the second day, and even less on the third. Save it for the climax/best band/whatever, and enjoy it all the more!

Your best bet is taking it the one night - I've only ever done it two days in a row once at a festival (didn't really want to, but everyone I was with was doing it and I didn't want to be the only person tripping on acid). It wasn't as good the second day - I mostly just felt really messy and not sharp at all.

I seriously don't recommend doing it three nights in a row, I tend to bring other drugs like psychedelics/weed or dissociatives/speed for days that I'm not doing MDMA.

You will feel really burnt out.

Safe? Yes.

Will it work? Probably with some decrease in effects.

I just really advise you not to because the after effects will be severe and they will span over a very long course of a time if you're new to this. If you're an experienced user you're going to really fuck yourself up. 3 days of euphoria is not worth the months of irritability and emotional discomfort that will follow (absolute best case scenario).

I agree with everyone else. I once, stupidly, rolled 4 days in a row. Took me 2-3 months to return to my normal self. Those were among the worst few months of my life I can guarantee you. It's not worth it. You might get away with it once, but then again you might not. Better not to make a habit of rolling multiple days because one time or another you're going to fuck yourself up for a good long while

I did it 3 days in a row - I had 1.5 gold bars on a Friday. A gold bar and Heisenberg and half another one on Saturday and again that other one on the Sunday. I absolutely loved the Friday, was my first time doing it and I definitely chased the high on the Saturday, which was also a really, really good high. Sunday wasn't too bad but this was at a festival, the Sunday music was crap so I was pretty much jittery with my jaw completely fucked but the pill did kinda help along. Come Monday and the following couple of days I felt pretty shit but it was expected, I didn't mix any drugs but I definitely did a bunch so a shit comedown was what was deserved, and what I got lol.

The shit bit was for about 3-4 weeks after the festival weekend - I kept having this feeling of tiny, tiny invisible insects crawling all up and down my body, like when you walk into small invisible spider webs on your face or something and you quickly swipe your face. Or when a fly lands on you and you swat it. After a while I realised that there were no spider webs and next time I had the urge to itch or swat, just stared at that part of my body and realised there was nothing there. When I looked it up it seemed like it was quite a common issue and it when it went away I thought nothing of it; looking at this thread made me realise that it's probably side effects of the mdma damn :(

Fortunately, I think, I didn't do any drugs for a while after the festival and hopefully I have no long term side-effects that pops up in 10 years....

No it's not safe.

There is no basis to this statement at all. Is it advisable? Perhaps not

Is there any evidence at ALL that 3consecutive days of MDMA use is harmful? NONE WHATSOEVER

In fact, in PIHKAL Alexander Shulgin cites a tolerance study where subjects were given 120 mg - 160 mg MDMA daily for 6 days.

You won't get much effect from the mdma on the two following days. You will feel buzzed but not good.

Unfounded Assertion, many people actually DO continue to feel the effects just fine

After the store of serotonin has gone, you don't have any more to release.

Completely False - the synaptic vesicle is constantly being refilled with serotonin -- synthesis of serotonin never stops it may be reduced but it is still going on

The mdma then metabolizes differently and can cause harm.

Total Bullshit -- how MDMA is metabolized has nothing to do with serotonin release -- the only difference in MDMA metabolism caused by MDMA use is the inhibition of CYP450 enzymes -- causing a longer but not different metabolic process

In the best case you will feel really down after your weekend. In the worst case you might cause nerve damage or any kind of other shit. Not a good idea

Again, total Bullshit

Posts like yours contribute to people NOT LISTENING TO HARM REDUCTION your are scientifically WRONG, and assert ridiculous things (nerve damage after 3 rolls - lolz lolz)

To the OP --

Based on many thousands of experiences, and outcomes the following is likely:

1. The subjective experience of MDMA -- for most people is reduced on consecutive days of use.
2. It is likely you will experience an altered perception, and perhaps a slightly depressed mood on day 4 -- however a small percentage of persons experience elevated mood as an afterglow for days or even weeks following MDMA use
3. Due to the catecholamine release and cascade as well as the possible inability to sleep -- it is very likely you will be physically exhausted on day four

If the substance you have is not MDMA or MDXX -- you could be subject to harm by taking an unknown substance for 3 consecutive days

the likelihood that you will have a negative experience and/or after effects increases based on the following:

1. concurrent use of alcohol
2. excessive concurrent use of cannabis (research cannabinoids like Spice/K2 should be avoided like the plague)
3. concurrent use of cocaine/ amphetamines/methamphetamines
4. failure to remaine properly hydrated with electrolytes (not dehydrated, not over hydrated on water alone)
5. failure to eat balanced meals
6. use of redosing MDMA or multiple dosing MDMA on any of the 3 consecutive days of use

Last edited by a moderator: