• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

Gibberings CCXII -- It's all about the length of the pocket clip .....

F.U.B.A.R.

Bluelight Crew
LINK to old thread

Wanna swap? Western Australia for Western Wales? I'd take it anyday. And that's the first time I've seen you mention the Fremantle Doctor. Famous in cricket. And cools down your afternoons you wuss.

Two days of summer here and Fubz is still a moany old git.

Yeh, I'm a fuckin true Brit. And??? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanna swap? Western Australia for Western Wales? I'd take it anyday. And that's the first time I've seen you mention the Fremantle Doctor. Famous in cricket. And cools down your afternoons you wuss.
Ah yes, the notorious WACA ground. I didnt know if the Fremantle Doctor was known outside of Perth.
I once got sunburnt watching a test match there; in the shade, in the stands, wearing a hat and sunscreen. Fucking ridiculous!

To be honest, i'd love to swap - at least for a while. I know i shouldnt complain about the climate, but i'm just not into the heat. We get about 7-8 months of hot sunburny weather.
I'm not one of these "bronzed aussies" - i live a nocturnal lifestyle in summer here simply to avoid the heat of the day. Summer nights are nice!

Actually, the heat is not so bad - but the sun down here is nasty. My old man is fair-skinned like me, and has about a dozen skin cancers burned off him every 2-3 months. Hole in the ozone layer and all that.
I'm actually heading south in a couple of days where it will be wetter and actually reasonably cold (max temps around 15 degrees, minimums around 3-5 degrees). Should be nice. We have so much bloody summer here its nice to rug up, sit in front of an open fire with a book, and hike outside all day without having to be covered in sunscreen and sweating like a bastard.
Oh, and no threat of bushfires (a whole town near there got totally wiped out last summer - burned down every fucking house) or the many deadly snakes that will be hibernating at the moment.

Like i say, precipitation and lush forests are a bit of a novelty when you live in a drought stricken arid backwater beach town.

Sounds better than it is, at least if you're like me and have a scandinavian complexion.

Ever planned on coming back to Australia SHM? I'd love to show you the parts of WA worth seeing; the south west is pretty magical.
Perth's pretty dismal city in lots of ways - but there are lots of British expats, and i can see the appeal for people that grew up in such a different climate.
Like anywhere though, it has it's good and bad qualities.

Last edited:
Fuck me, it's gone bloody freezing here now. To think I'd just stripped down to me string vest, rolled me keks up to me knees and put a hanky on me head. I ain't taking me fuckin wellies off though, it'll be pissing down in a minute...

SJ, having been there, once, I do appreciate the Aussie heat and the seriousness with which your country takes skin cancer. Just as the Philippines revels in billboards about God, you have them all over the place cautioning against skin cancer. I've been some hot places and though, funnily enough, Croatia mid-August last year wins ( nearing 30 at 3am) I've never been quite so hit by heat as a one off when stepping off the plane at Cairns. I think I described it as like being hit with a brick wrapped in a wet towel. Cairns was 100+ (40) the whole time we were there. At least you had free lidos open all day.

I'd love to take up your offer and return but it's so bloody expensive. And I've just lost my job to cutbacks. So France it is this summer. If things ever change, I'll give you a call. Your offer was about the nicest thing that's happened in a week/month whatever.

There goes Fubz with his moaning again. A cloud just came over. One of the many dark clouds I've been dealing with for a while now.

But I got my MRI results this week, cancer free for three years now. So swings and fucking roundabouts eh?

I'd love to take up your offer and return but it's so bloody expensive. And I've just lost my job to cutbacks. So France it is this summer. If things ever change, I'll give you a call. Your offer was about the nicest thing that's happened in a week/month whatever.
You too huh? Sorry to hear it - that's really fucked.
You get a redundancy payout, or just sent packing? :(
It is fucking expensive here. Perth especially; for no good reason either, cos frankly it's a bit of a hole in my opinion.
StoneHappyMonday said:
But I got my MRI results this week, cancer free for three years now. So swings and fucking roundabouts eh?
i have been meaning to ask you if you got the all clear.
Very sincerely glad to hear it mate. <3

^

Thx to you both re the results. Won't bother you with the long story but for now yay etc.

(Edited for employment bitterness and my own security)

Last edited:
Fuck :(
Got a back-up plan? I hope you can find something else with a minimum of stress.

You sound as though you're probably well qualified in your field? You like travelling and are well travelled. How about taking your skills abroad?

Don't think we haven't thought of it. But it's very complicated for many reasons and I don't want to post about it for the sake of eliciting sympathy here. We've talked about Spain. Now we're not even sure how Brexit affects that. It's....really, stupidly, complicated. Involving my work, my health and my partners work. It's a difficult period of our lives but thx again for asking/suggesting.

Put some happy music on eh?

Much <3 to you shm. I hope there's some shiny metallic lining in these storm clouds...

Don't think we haven't thought of it. But it's very complicated for many reasons and I don't want to post about it for the sake of eliciting sympathy here. We've talked about Spain. Now we're not even sure how Brexit affects that. It's....really, stupidly, complicated. Involving my work, my health and my partners work. It's a difficult period of our lives but thx again for asking/suggesting.

Put some happy music on eh?

I understand mate. It's something we couldn't even begin to consider ourselves. Tbh, I thought you were single - I've no idea why though...

Relaxing in the hills behind Byron with friends. Actually had a spliff for the first time in ages. A Nevilles Haze cross that a mate made from seeds I gave him years ago. Fuck me I am high. Lines of cocaine are now on the agenda. This is going to be a big weekend.

Recently got this beauty:

But it's not fired a shot yet, so I've set up some targets in the back garden:

Now me and the lad are gonna shoot some shit! =D

Recently got this beauty:

But it's not fired a shot yet, so I've set up some targets in the back garden:

Now me and the lad are gonna shoot some shit! =D

Where's my invite, or are Ya scared I'd show you up?? ;)

Looks like fun. Hope you and your mini me have a great time.

Consumer, sounds like you're starting your weekend off right! Niiiice

SJ, having been there, once, I do appreciate the Aussie heat and the seriousness with which your country takes skin cancer. Just as the Philippines revels in billboards about God, you have them all over the place cautioning against skin cancer. I've been some hot places and though, funnily enough, Croatia mid-August last year wins ( nearing 30 at 3am) I've never been quite so hit by heat as a one off when stepping off the plane at Cairns. I think I described it as like being hit with a brick wrapped in a wet towel. Cairns was 100+ (40) the whole time we were there. At least you had free lidos open all day.

There goes Fubz with his moaning again. A cloud just came over. One of the many dark clouds I've been dealing with for a while now.

Glad to hear you have the all clear SHM. I will echo SJ's offer. If you ever get over this way you are welcome here. I have spare rooms, live near the beach and also have good friends in places like Byron Bay, Sydney, Melbourne, Margaret River in WA who would sort you out for a place to stay and all that is good. If you are into wine I have friends in all the great wine regions that can do the same as well. So free accommodation in a lot of places in great spots with salt of the earth people. Most of my friends are in their mid to late 40's and all have their shit together, all are travel fiends so more than happy to put a fellow journeyman up. Same goes for NZ. I have lots of connections there too. So while Oz is expensive take away a lot of the accommodation cost its not too bad. Plus we can steer you to all the right spots not everyone gets to see plus sort out all the goodies.

Where's my invite, or are Ya scared I'd show you up?? ;)

Looks like fun. Hope you and your mini me have a great time.

Consumer, sounds like you're starting your weekend off right! Niiiice

I am stoned as fuck bro. I dont have to drive till Tuesday so I thought why the fuck not. Byron will be crawling with cops because of the festival and driver drug testing so I will just get lifts with friends and indulge.

Sounds fukkin amazing. Enjoy and smile. It's the small joys that make life worth it.

Be safe baby but have shit loads of fun. Some of us can only live vicariously ;)