• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

Gibberings CCXII -- It's all about the length of the pocket clip .....

I love the smell of weed--from the growing plant (the best!) to the faint whiff in an edible to the smoke. Since we have it growing in the garden and my husband has been getting free bags every other week from a veterans co-op and weekly from a co-op for patients with serious illnesses our house is fairly saturated atm so it's a good thing that I do like the smell.=D

The smell is beautiful (not so nice when it's the stale smell that lingers in a room after smoking). When I stop smoking after a few days my sweat also smells like it..making me crave a few lovely buds.

I've got a little challenge for you guys:

Without cheating, estimate the length of my snakes. Whoever is closest gets manifold gold bullion. I've just measured them using these photographs:

Percy

NSFW:
SAM_0028.jpg

Roy

NSFW:
SAM_0029.jpg

Last edited:
I can't read the divisions on the ruler, so I'm going to just going to piggy back off Julie's answers :|

Percy 2m19, Roy 1m19 :p

It's a 30cm ruler (divisions for 30cm, the actual object is longer..I'm sure you all know how rulers work :|).

Not too far off with Roy but very far off with Percy.

I also did the measurement in feet and inches and can't quite remember all of the decimal places. I rounded to the nearest half inch so I don't know precisely how many cm it is and I can't be arsed loading the pictures into the program to do it again :p

Imperial ftw.

By using a twisty wire cable tie thing, bending it to fit exactly over the snake on screen, I measured Percy at 195 mm. The 30 cm. scale on the ruler came in at 38 mm. So that gives Percy as 195 / 38 * 0.3 = 2.47 m. Or, for Septics, 8'1 7/32". Roy's wire measured 140 mm., with the ruler at 40 mm., giving a snake length of 140 / 40 * 0.3 = 1.05 m. = 3'5 11/32". I'd expect a negative tolerance on these measurements, if I didn't straighten the wire perfectly before measuring it.

Converting from normal to American measurements was the longest part of the whole calculation, by the way .....

lol @ normal to American :)

I was listening to the Everly Brothers and thought of you the other day Jules, still need to have listen of Foreverly!

Kudos for your dedication! :D You're half right but I'll still give you manifold gold bullion and a complimentary loofa :)

You were very close with Roy. My measurement came out at ~3'6 for him. For Percy my measurement was ~4'8.

I wasn't industrious enough to use the wire method. I used this little widget for measuring. It may not actually be very accurate and I'm sure that multiple measurements on the same image would yield slightly different numbers. I used a higher resolution version of the file and zoomed in for accuracy.

Ah, well, you see, long ago in the olden days, when houses were cheap and mortgages were expensive, there were no such things as sat-navs. If you wanted to go for a walk in the countryside by way of a few hours' cheap entertainment, then you had to use a map and compass. I'm that old, and I've lived all my life either just outside the Peak District National Park, or a short journey from Cannock Chase ..... You do the maths :)

I'm going to have to do a more thorough job on Percy now. Hmm, Percy. That's an idea .....

I'm that old, and I've lived all my life either just outside the Peak District National Park, or a short journey from Cannock Chase ..... You do the maths :)

Surely there's an app to do the maths for me? :(

After a little further thinking, I don't think my measurements would be as accurate as I'd like. For it to be very accurate, there would need to be zero relative inclination between the camera and the subjects.

If you had four rulers in shot, each at 90 degrees to two of the others and parallel to the fourth, you could correct for perspective errors caused by different parts of the image being at different distances from the camera.

Good thinking, Mrs. Pythagoras :D

I've a feeling that, if you were tasked with demolishing a house, your preferred method would be through water erosion or the use of a parabolic trough ;)

you know the top drawer is good when .250 has lasted you and the mrs for 2 hours all ready! Just been over to my local shop and made the mistake of asking my turkish mate who runs it " so whats going on in turkey then?"

I have been in there half an hour and even had diagrams drawn for me check this shit out:

PTyDHcK.jpg

The Jist of turkeys problems is oil and money. Who would of thought.

I've a feeling that, if you were tasked with demolishing a house, your preferred method would be through water erosion or the use of a parabolic trough ;)
Nah. Better way ..... Take a whole ground floor wall out, using wooden props to support the rest of the structure above. Build a bonfire against the wooden supports. Light it, set a video camera on a tripod recording and get yourself around the other side, remembering that some masonry may still fall that way. The combined weight of the roof and the floor above will fetch the rest down once the props burn through enough; and if it fails anywhere off-centre, the imbalance thus created will set up devastating shear forces literally to rip the mortar joints apart. If the entire opposite wall is still standing, simply repeat the process around that side.

Last edited:
you know the top drawer is good when .250 has lasted you and the mrs for 2 hours all ready! Just been over to my local shop and made the mistake of asking my turkish mate who runs it " so whats going on in turkey then?"

I have been in there half an hour and even had diagrams drawn for me check this shit out:

The Jist of turkeys problems is oil and money. Who would of thought.

I looked at that for ages, thinking it was a spider diagram.

So much for the historically renowned Anatolian cartographers 8)

Nah. Better way ..... Take a whole ground floor wall out, using wooden props to support the rest of the structure above. Build a bonfire against the wooden supports. Light it, set a video camera on a tripod recording and get yourself around the other side, remembering that some masonry may still fall that way. The combined weight of the roof and the floor above will fetch the rest down once the props burn through enough; and if it fails anywhere off-centre, the imbalance thus created will set up devastating shear forces literally to rip the mortar joints apart. If the entire opposite wall is still standing, simply repeat the process around that side.

That is certainly a much more exciting method, worthy of any US reality demolition show :)

I think you have had a bit of Percy ;)

I looked at that for ages, thinking it was a spider diagram.

So much for the historically renowned Anatolian cartographers 8)

That is certainly a much more exciting method, worthy of any US reality demolition show :)

I think you have had a bit of Percy ;)

I know dude. i'm even more confused now than i was before. And slightly concerned that i have been either groomed or radicalised. or both. or neither.

I think an extinction level event is needed and we just all ( Humans ) start again

That'll be you one the radicalisation watchlist. Jeremy Corbyn will probably invite you around for dinner :D