• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Theacrine (accidental overdose) - Experienced - ...very unexpected.

throatgorge

Bluelighter
Last night I accidentally took over 900 mg of theacrine. Almost a gram. I took it with gotu kola, about two teaspoons of an extract with 5% saponins. I believed I was taking L-Theanine, which has almost no noticeable effect on me. I was trying to coax a high out of my gotu kola after building tolerence. Took this on an empty stomach.
theacrine I usually take in doses of 100-200 mg, and it provides a caffeine-like buzz that lasts longer. From what I've read, low doses of theacrine cause a sedative effect and high doses stimulate. For me a low dose doesn't seem to do anything.
I have overdosed on caffine before and the effects include tachycardia, unpleasant hallucinations, disphoria, and persistent thought/perceptions.
This was completely different from a caffeine overdose!
Very quickly, I got a powerful narcotic high. My head was buzzing, my perceptions were foggy, and my body felt weak and sedated. It was somewhat disphoric as well. I began to think very negatively, started feeling depressed about my life, and felt a great deal of anxiety.
It may have increased my body temperature, or I might have just felt sensitive to the heat, since we rely on fans to cool our place. In any case, I was sweating a lot.
The high reminded me of ambien or some other unconventional hypnoitic which, when taken, renders me listless, unable to focus on anything, and only wanting to sleep.
I thought this was l-theanine, so I was surprised that the effects endured for several hours. After trying to do a little sewing, and not really enjoying the high, I went to lie down in the bedroom where a small fan hits me directly.
Lying in bed, the sedation took over and I felt really good now. I was astonished that my "theanine" was having such a strong and long lasting effect and wondered if it was due to combining it with gotu kola.
Today, when I got up, I realized my mistake and was really surprised that theacrine had such a hypnotic-sedative effect. I'm thinking there may be a sweet spot where it will really give me a pleasant narcotic effect without the disphoria; perhaps 300-500 mg. Without the unpleasant effects of caffeine overdose, it seems worth trying in higher doses. This stuff is a lot like caffeine in equivalent doses, but it seems like in high doses the sedative effects are stronger, which is contrary to what I have read.
Since the effects of overdose are not nearly as unpleasant as that of caffeine, I am feeling rather adventurous and may try a smaller dose pretty soon.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_theacrine
substancecode_stimulants
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
exptype_overdose
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator: