• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DXM - Second Time - Trip Report (3rd Plateau)

caden_g59

Greenlighter
In this post I will be describing my second DXM trip. This one was 3rd plateau.

Me and my close homie have a ton of experience with various opiates, amphetamines, and pretty much everything except krokidil, bath salts, and meth. At the time, we were starting to really get into psychedelics. We got really into acid, shrooms, and 2-Cb (and all of those compounds). I told him one of my other friends told me that you can trip balls on robitussin. So, we did some research, and sure enough he was right. So we went down to the local grocery store (not gonna say the name but they're everywhere), and looked through the different cough medicines. We found this one brand that we think is the best. It contains Dextromethrophan Hbr 30 (which I'm pretty sure is the highest legal dosage). We each bought two bottles. We went back to his house, skated some street spots for a little bit, then we went back to his house and we chugged all 4 bottles. Tasted like shit, but totally worth it.

We drank them at 10:30 p.m.

T+0: We drank the bottles

T+30: Starting to feel a little body high, similar to when you're drunk.

T+60: Hitting us pretty hard. Robo walk and itch starting to occur. Drunk feeling even stronger, but still mentally stable.

T+90: Robo walk and itch intensifying greatly. Feeling weightless and very strong at the same time. Numbness setting in.

T+120: I found myself apologizing to God and to this day I still have no idea what this was about. Very hard to walk and see. Vision very, very blurred and I couldn't even unlock my iPhone. Couldn't talk right at all.

T+180: My girlfriend (at the time) and her best friend FaceTimed me and they told me that we kept asking each other if we could breathe and what not. Closed eye hallucinations and the urge to move vigorously about while laying down occurred.

T+200: We felt our throats closing, and found it very hard to breathe and we were freaking the fuck out. We both thought we were gonna die and we were terrified. My friend threw up. Also parts of this trip were left out because I simply can't remember certain details and I'm doing the best I can.

T+? Here's where things start to get weird. So I noticed my ability to feel things was greatly increased. Kind of hard to explain but for example, if I touched the wall in my friends room, I could feel the individual paint strokes that the painter made when painting the wall. I could feel them so well, but at the same time, I was completely numb. I started walking around his room talking to my grandpa. My grandpa passed away about 20 years ago. I've never even met him. I looked up at the walls and the posters and they started morphing into one as the paint started melting off the walls. One of the coolest things I've ever seen. And the closed eye visuals were beautiful. I would close my eyes and see people, places, vehicles, animals, abstract art, skateboarding, whatever my mind could pull together. Also very beautiful. All these nice visuals started happening once the thought of death left our minds. Also, after it wore off around 6 a.m., its still pretty hard to walk for a few hours. One more thing: I found it very hard to fall asleep after it wore off. I became pretty tired because we were up all night, but could barely fall sleep. I can compare it to when you try to sleep while coming down from Percocet or Vicodin.

I recommend trying this. But you your research on it. This stuff is very dangerous and some of it you can buy underage. There are specific stores and companies that we buy from that sell to anyone. I will not give names of stores or companies to protect their identity. Make sure what you're buying has ONLY Dextromethorphan as the active ingredient. If there is any other active ingredient it WILL kill you. Inactive ingredients don't matter. Also, just to be on the safe side, take a Benadryl before you trip to avoid closed throat and itchiness. Trust me the itchiness is like no other. The more you scratch the worse it becomes. And it spreads everywhere. I was scratching my neck so hard it started bleeding. So be careful and have fun.

Another friendly reminder do not do this stuff in public it will be blatantly obvious you're fucked up. Even if you dont say anything it will be very noticeable.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_dxm
substancecode_dissociatives
explevel_secondtime
exptype_positive
exptype_spiritual
exptype_bodyload
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
I love your trip report. It sounds like you had so much fun! :) That's sounds like my type of DXM experience. Wish I could still get those effects... What was your exact dose (and don't drink syrups, naughty, naughty...) (and what was your dose the first time?)

No. Not all active ingredients WILL kill you. the only ones GUARANTEED to kill you are acetaminophen and chlorpheniramine.

But no, you don't want to take any with doxylamine, phenylephrine, guafinesin, aspirn, caffeine, promethazine OR BENADRYL in it. Benadryl will prevent the DXM from being broken down and getting converted into DXO, the actual active ingredient. (Note that doxylamine, phenylephrine, and benadryl could all kill you in the dosages needed you for DXM's hallucinogeneic effects)

And who told you inactive ingredients don't matter? they most certainly can matter for some people!

You need to do a little more research still OP. You should be drinking ANY cough syrups still. There are only two DXM-containing products you should be risking putting through your body: the robitussin - or whatever "generic" - little red "robo" gels or delsym, aka dextromethorphan polistirex.

With the dextromethorphan polistirex you can easily do an extraction on of the bottles and a soda bottle and water to yield a large amount of pure dextromethorhphan polistirex powder in just a couple of hours. Research it online. Or you can just drink the delsym. It doesn't taste as bad as the others. But the extraction gets rid of the inactive ingredients, plus it lasts a whole 12 hours.

^And OP, the itchiness you were experiencing is rare and is from DXM/DXO's agonistic activiy at the mu opioid activity. This means it is due to NARCOTIC activity. So just releax. lol. It's not an allergic reaction, and your throat is not going to close, but do not go blind recommend that someone go blindly taking benadyl just because you got some rare pharmacological effect that some reader is very unlikely too.

And about not doing it public. hahaha.

Yeah. You can't even take one fucking step. lol

We drank 708mg each, so 1416mg total. 2 full bottles. And also Benadryl is fine, as it reduces the "allergic" reactions. Us and many people take a small amount of DPH before tripping on DXM. A small amount like no more than 50mg.