Where can I read the story of BL?

Simple Hatred

Bluelighter
I'd like to read and so to know the story of BL.. So how this site was born etc... Thanks in advance ^-^

I looked at this earlier - where is that link from the home page or can we have that link in the home page?

there are definitely long-standing members still posting. noodle comes to mind immediately. he joined in 1999 and he is bl member 29! (for comparison, i joined 3 years after him and i am 35,021. you are 3,047,050!).

alasdair

there are definitely long-standing members still posting. noodle comes to mind immediately. he joined in 1999 and he is bl member 29! (for comparison, i joined 3 years after him and i am 35,021. you are 3,047,050!).

alasdair
Member #29? Holy shit that's cool

BTW you can see how Bluelight looked like back in the day using the waybackmachine https://archive.org/web/

Last edited:
Brilliant thread!
And far out - i knew Noodle was old school, but had no idea he was member #29!
And still going strong. Much respect to the. OG BL cats <3

alasdair

What am I?

Who is numero uno, ground zero so to speak?

The Wiki page is a good resource but the 'story' of Bluelight is a lot more than a list of when certain forums were added... but I'm not sure exactly where you would publicise a story about a rich & generous benefactor who initially funded the site while travelling the world on a boat while tended to by his army of Thai angels... yet without those stories - and many other just as colourful - the site would be not be what it is. =D

EDIT: This story relevant

Last edited:
The Wiki page is a good resource but the 'story' of Bluelight is a lot more than a list of when certain forums were added... but I'm not sure exactly where you would publicise a story about a rich & generous benefactor who initially funded the site while travelling the world on a boat while tended to by his army of Thai angels... yet without those stories - and many other just as colourful - the site would be not be what it is. =D

Alan's story is AMAZING!! I hated to find out he died, what would it have been like to PM him? I've seen the old threads where the mods were always seeking $ to fund BL. Then Alan! God bless him for what he did.

Hey hoptis! Long time... U may recall me as willow11... How are you? :)

shouts out to all the Bluelighters in the Ten Year Club

and RIP xtcxtc

dunno quite how I got here, I'm drunk, but boy did this thread bring out some verenable personalities. somw OG shit and some interesting stuff

the "story" of Bluelight is yet untold, perhaps one day it will make a compelling book; but as now it is as you see it; stretching back more than fifteen years. we've lost many dear friends, it feels incomprehensible; but I think I'd speak on the part of everyone to say that we've done a tremendous amount of good, but perhaps above all, provided a bona fide community for those who lacked one, or was good one, I know this was the truth for me, and this community saved my life, freedom, and world entire at the same time as it's put them in danger when I acted stupidly or in excess; so too could be said of the real world. we are the real world, I think, rendered digital but I'd never say impersonal.

I've been in a serious relationship more than two years from here; there have been more marriages and such that I can name offhand; we mourn our dead even if we've never met them. all I can really say for myself is that this place-without-a-place has changed my life, irrevocably. and so too for many others. we (speaking collectively—this is years before I came aboard) started out as a very primitive single Internet page, we are what we are now, and that history, for good or ill, is the history of the Scene or of our members, entwined, no more and no less.

prayers for the dead
shout out to the living
it's family
always love

Last edited:
I hope the bluelight story is still in the opening chapters. :)

dunno quite how I got here, I'm drunk, but boy did this thread bring out some verenable personalities. somw OG shit and some interesting stuff

the "story" of Bluelight is yet untold, perhaps one day it will make a compelling book; but as now it is as you see it; stretching back more than fifteen years. we've lost many dear friends, it feels incomprehensible; but I think I'd speak on the part of everyone to say that we've done a tremendous amount of good, but perhaps above all, provided a bona fide community for those who lacked one, or was good one, I know this was the truth for me, and this community saved my life, freedom, and world entire at the same time as it's put them in danger when I acted stupidly or in excess; so too could be said of the real world. we are the real world, I think, rendered digital but I'd never say impersonal.

I've been in a serious relationship more than two years from here; there have been more marriages and such that I can name offhand; we mourn our dead even if we've never met them. all I can really say for myself is that this place-without-a-place has changed my life, irrevocably. and so too for many others. we (speaking collectively—this is years before I came aboard) started out as a very primitive single Internet page, we are what we are now, and that history, for good or ill, is the history of the Scene or of our members, entwined, no more and no less.

prayers for the dead
shout out to the living
it's family
always love

That's beautifully said! I agree our community is home for the "fringe". We all know we aren't the minority but yet our society fails to give us a voice. Here we ate free, open and honest which I feel makes BL so remarkable!!

Blessings to all!