Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Phenibut F.A.A. - First Time - review

lookyboop

Bluelighter
I recently purchased a 40 gram sample of phenibut F.A.A. from []. Upon opening the package, I notice it seems very professional. It comes with a full analysis report, and the product. itself seems quite pristine, crystalized, white, very pure.

I am administering this phenibut sublingually. I took 2 spoonfulls, approximately .5 grams. I felt the effects immediately. I lost all my worries, and became very calm. About 10 minutes again, I redosed another 2 spoons. Those 2 spoons set me in the realm I wanted to be. I was very benzoed out. It was a very clean high, a nice strong buzz, but without burning me out.

In conclusion, I would definitely recommend it, and I plan on buying more wen I run out. [] is a very professional source, and I plan on surveying More of their products.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_phenibut
substancecode_gabapentinoids
substancecode_gabaergics
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Not trying to back-seat mod but I don't think naming the source is allowed on the forums.

It's true, no naming of specific companies, even for legal stuff. The exception is things like scales and testing reagents, harm reduction equipment.

But thanks for providing a report about the effects of phenibut FAA. I haven't tried the FAA but I have been using the HCl for a long time. For me phenibut is nothing like a benzo, and it takes a good 2-4 hours to kick in and then lasts all day long. But maybe the FAA is different because of vastly different absorption or something.

ive been wondering about it too - it's supposed to be a tad more potent by weight, that's all i really know.

Phenibut is nothing like benzos to me either. It gives me tons of energy and I can literally get so much done. But considering its abuse potential, my abuse of most things with abuse potential, I will refrain from phenibut for months.
But baclofen, that is very similar to phenibut is much better, IMO. Not for daily use. But for if I want that phenibut feeling without having to mixed that god awful tasting powder and drinking it. It taste really bad. It's foul... Then baclofen is my first choice.
the tolerance comes on very very very slowly compared to phenibuts.

just my experience anyways

It's true, no naming of specific companies, even for legal stuff. The exception is things like scales and testing reagents, harm reduction equipment.

But thanks for providing a report about the effects of phenibut FAA. I haven't tried the FAA but I have been using the HCl for a long time. For me phenibut is nothing like a benzo, and it takes a good 2-4 hours to kick in and then lasts all day long. But maybe the FAA is different because of vastly different absorption or something.

And the FAA shouldn't be different from the HCl. Basically the FAA (Free Amino Acid) means it's like any amino acid - a zwitterion - the amino group is charged (NH3+) and the carboxyl is charged as well (COO-). As soon as it makes it to the stomach, whose pH is in the 1-2 range, the carboxyl gets protonated by the HCl is the stomach and basically becomes phenibut HCl (NH3+ charged, and COOH uncharged, cause the carboxyl is a weak acid). There should be no absorption difference. If anything, the phenibut HCl should be absorbed better. Could this not be just blatant advertising (considering source links)?

Oh and yes, I've gone through maybe 200-300 grams of phenibut HCl and some FAA. Both take at least 2 hours to set in, last a whole day, feel dirty, and nothing like a benzo (although still pleasurable if dosed low enough).

Thanks for the info, b_d. Yeah my guess was always that the FAA was mainly a marketing thing, it costs at least double. And yeah it can feel dirty, phenibut is hard to dose right, took me quite a while to figure out my optimal dose, but at the optimal dose it's pretty flawless, it's honestly one of my favorite substances. Very utilitarian, pleasurable, good for energy, motivation, mood, inspiration, sex. Definitely abusable but for me I have no problem sticking to my schedule. I think it's because it takes so long to kick in and isn't a very acute effect, it's more of a modulator of how I feel than an outright drug-like effect. Because of this, I love it but I also use it appropriately.

Phenibut is nothing like benzos to me either. It gives me tons of energy and I can literally get so much done. But considering its abuse potential, my abuse of most things with abuse potential, I will refrain from phenibut for months.
But baclofen, that is very similar to phenibut is much better, IMO. Not for daily use. But for if I want that phenibut feeling without having to mixed that god awful tasting powder and drinking it. It taste really bad. It's foul... Then baclofen is my first choice.
the tolerance comes on very very very slowly compared to phenibuts.

just my experience anyways

For me baclofen isn't great, I much prefer phenibut. But we're all different. I've read of people absolutely loving baclofen and taking like 150-200mg for a high. For me, I got some once, and decided to start low (based on trip reports) and went with 40mg. It felt like a severe overdose of phenibut, except the internal heat/pain feeling was much more intense, honestly it was some of thew worst I've felt from drugs. Since then I've taken 10mg with little effect and 20mg with an edge of that discomfort and little in the way of a high.

Thanks for the info, b_d. Yeah my guess was always that the FAA was mainly a marketing thing, it costs at least double. And yeah it can feel dirty, phenibut is hard to dose right, took me quite a while to figure out my optimal dose, but at the optimal dose it's pretty flawless, it's honestly one of my favorite substances. Very utilitarian, pleasurable, good for energy, motivation, mood, inspiration, sex. Definitely abusable but for me I have no problem sticking to my schedule. I think it's because it takes so long to kick in and isn't a very acute effect, it's more of a modulator of how I feel than an outright drug-like effect. Because of this, I love it but I also use it appropriately.

For me baclofen isn't great, I much prefer phenibut. But we're all different. I've read of people absolutely loving baclofen and taking like 150-200mg for a high. For me, I got some once, and decided to start low (based on trip reports) and went with 40mg. It felt like a severe overdose of phenibut, except the internal heat/pain feeling was much more intense, honestly it was some of thew worst I've felt from drugs. Since then I've taken 10mg with little effect and 20mg with an edge of that discomfort and little in the way of a high.
Ha, that's funny. People really do have such different body chemistry to things. I have a friend who feels, sleepy, sedated after taking phenibut. While i get pretty energetic.

now compare those to pregablin, which i have heard people say it made them unable to function normal daily tasks and the dizziness Which pregabalin makes me feel I have no feet, it's like I'm floating down the halls and up the stairs; which is cool by
me. But since my husband said he didn't want take anymore he has some clients who have been experiencing unpleasant withdrawal when discontinuing. And he was like, "you don't need anymore substance dependence, which I agreed and no big deal.
I do love that baclofen tho :)

Ha, that's funny. People really do have such different body chemistry to things. I have a friend who feels, sleepy, sedated after taking phenibut. While i get pretty energetic.

now compare those to pregablin, which i have heard people say it made them unable to function normal daily tasks and the dizziness Which pregabalin makes me feel I have no feet, it's like I'm floating down the halls and up the stairs; which is cool by
me. But since my husband said he didn't want take anymore he has some clients who have been experiencing unpleasant withdrawal when discontinuing. And he was like, "you don't need anymore substance dependence, which I agreed and no big deal.
I do love that baclofen tho :)

Sorry to hijack, but I've just ordered Phenibut for the first time. I ordered it as part of my pod withdrawal comfort arsenal, but it got stuck in the post and only arrived today. I've yet to take any because the WD is gone. I like the sound of it, but I'm a benzo addict (clear of any benzos for 3 odd years now). So - my question is, how likely I end up in benzo-style troubles if I start down this path? I've never been known for my sensible dosing. I'll be likely alright if it's a mild relaxant, but if offers a true benzo effect I am very likely to end up in trouble.

For me personally, it feels nothing like a benzo. It's more energetic IMO. But I have heard from many people that it was just as addicting as a benzo, and tolerance was just as bad as well. I take phenibut here and there and I haven't had any addiction issues with it.
Phenibut is a GABAb agonist. and it is also thought to bind to the GABAAreceptor -- BUT according to certain studies, it does not. It is therefore argued that the GABAA binding likely only occurs at higher concentrations.
https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Phenibut

but I will say that it has been one of the best things to help me with my social anxiety. I am an introvert anyways, and pretty shy (except around close knit family and close friends) When I took phenibut the first time. I felt happy and i wasn't as self conscious as I normally am. But I keep its use to 2-3 times a month

Last edited:
Ah man, I know where this is heading then.. Maybe I'll give the bottle to a mate and take a few just to see what I think. At least that way binging would be out of the question. That's always my problem if it's just sitting there..

Yeah it can be very addicting. there is a lot of people on blueLight who are able to usually it daily or every other day and seem functional. But everyone's brain chemistry is so different that you just never know that if something will affect you the same way it affects someone else.
I have heard a bunch of people use it for sleep. Phenibut gives me motivation and energy. I definitely think it hits a dopamine receptor somewhere because it has a very dopaminergic feel to it. Even tho it is a GABAb agonist.

Yeah, thankfully these days my sensible head speaks louder than my crazy one. So I've yet to try it. Right now my anxiety levels are zero, so I might try once to see what the fuss is about, keep a few for a second try and then sling the rest before I come up. It's a waste of money, but that's better than a new monkey on my back.

Cor, this stuff's a bit of alright, isn't it? I've eaten 1.5g and feel rather lovely indeed. Kind of wish I hadn't discovered this stuff now. Still - time to put my money where my mouth is about being a reformed drug abuser, and therefore not abuse it.

I can't believe this stuff is available as a supplement, how is it not a POM?!

For me personally, it feels nothing like a benzo. It's more energetic IMO. But I have heard from many people that it was just as addicting as a benzo, and tolerance was just as bad as well. I take phenibut here and there and I haven't had any addiction issues with it.
Phenibut is a GABAb agonist. and it is also thought to bind to the GABAAreceptor -- BUT according to certain studies, it does not. It is therefore argued that the GABAA binding likely only occurs at higher concentrations.
https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Phenibut

but I will say that it has been one of the best things to help me with my social anxiety. I am an introvert anyways, and pretty shy (except around close knit family and close friends) When I took phenibut the first time. I felt happy and i wasn't as self conscious as I normally am. But I keep its use to 2-3 times a month
I think I agree with you as to effect, it's more like my good old friend Pregabalin in effect, so far. Nice and clean energy, not all dirty like gabapentin.

Yeah phenibut is a lot like pregabalin isn't it? But less intoxicating and less intense.

Yeah it can be very addicting. there is a lot of people on blueLight who are able to usually it daily or every other day and seem functional. But everyone's brain chemistry is so different that you just never know that if something will affect you the same way it affects someone else.
I have heard a bunch of people use it for sleep. Phenibut gives me motivation and energy. I definitely think it hits a dopamine receptor somewhere because it has a very dopaminergic feel to it. Even tho it is a GABAb agonist.

I have often wondered if the effects I seek from phenibut are the result of dopamine rebound, similar to what happens after the GABAergic effects of GHB wear off. Because I do get a relaxing effect from phenibut relatively quickly, and the euphoria/hypomania don't kick in until around 4 hours, at which point I become very energetic. I've also talked to people who say that phenibut lasts for only 4-ish hours for them, but usually they're taking very large doses and looking for a sedating type of effect.

Yeah phenibut is a lot like pregabalin isn't it? But less intoxicating and less intense.

I have often wondered if the effects I seek from phenibut are the result of dopamine rebound, similar to what happens after the GABAergic effects of GHB wear off. Because I do get a relaxing effect from phenibut relatively quickly, and the euphoria/hypomania don't kick in until around 4 hours, at which point I become very energetic. I've also talked to people who say that phenibut lasts for only 4-ish hours for them, but usually they're taking very large doses and looking for a sedating type of effect.

Yeah, REALLY like pregs. I've had about 3.5g now, I'm pretty fucked. But in a nice way, it's all very civilised. I find this really moreish, the peak seems to fade off quite fast. Redosing brings me right back up again though.

In the old days, sometimes I'd take big doses of pregabalin (2g+) and get fantastic CEVs like I was flying through morphing digital tunnels. I used to do that before the end of work so I could enjoy the bus ride home. I wonder if the same can be achieved with phenibut? I've done some research on it those afternoon, and interestingly the molecule is almost identical to pregabalin.

Thanks ,much appreciated .No need to worry. I took 20 250mg capsules out of the bottle and chucked the rest away as planned (I know what I'm like). I've only got 3 of those 20 tabs left, eaten the rest. Probably going to have a hangover tomorrow!