• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Phenibut F.A.A. - First Time - review

I assumed no matter the dose. Half life meant that's the time half the dose would be eliminated. But if what you say is correct that is very good to know

^ drug kinetics are more complicated than just the half-life. In most cases the idea of a half-life works - with drugs that are absorbed quickly, and eliminated relatively slowly - like amphetamine for example. But as I explained above, phenibut is absorbed very slowly, and with a relatively short half-life (10 h half-life as compared to 3-4 h comeup on a normal dose, as opposed to 10 h half-life and 30 min comeup for amphetamine) the normal kinetics don't apply.

The concept of half-life, in principle, only works if the drug is absorbed instantly. If you ingest 1000 mg of a drug and its half-life is 10 h, if it's absorbed instantly, after 10 hours you will have 500 mg in your system. But if it's absorbed slower (thus slower elimination all the time), you will have more in your system following the same time period. If by 10 hours only like 500 mg is absorbed, then by that time only like 150-200 mg will be eliminated (just off the top of my head, I haven't done the math), leaving 800 mg still waiting in your system. Again, this is just to illustrate the point.

The phenibut at larger doses also blocks my dame methadone from working Or at least makes me not realize the methadone is working and it's not nearly as enjoyable and I feel like I no longer need it. Very fukin weird. But great I went three full days zero opiates for the first time in about 8 years after I ODd on phenibut. So the OD ended Up being a good thing in the end. I realize how great life can be without opiates ! All because of phenibut. So I love the stuff

I'm very glad to hear that the, perhaps unfortunate event in itself, helped you against opioids. Kicking methadone is no small feat, and I'm quite surprised that you don't feel anything bad at 3 days off. To my knowledge, methadone withdrawal can last up to a full month, so I'd be cautious as to calling victory yet. In any case, even if it's only psychological, I'm very glad that the phenibut has helped you. Remember that we're always here to help, and that methadone can be kicked using a taper if nothing else works.

Good luck!

I was never addicted to methadone but when I was addicted to opiates I found phenibut to ease the withdrawal for sure. It only seems to power through the whole withdrawal if it's a light withdrawal, but it helps regardless.

It's helped me get thru with zero methadone from a 70mg /day habit. CT! Almost zero problems so far day 4!

Okay I took methadone again but now I have 140 mg methadone left forever. So hiooing to do a quick taper and use phenibut Kratom and etizolam. Hope I can go long enough to induce subs Again!