• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Phenibut F.A.A. - First Time - review

The first few times I took it it was the bomb. I decided to start taking it daily once a day at 1.5 to 2 grams dosed one a day... It helps anxiety a LITTLE but as far as being recreational just use it once or twice a week at most. I refused to up my dose though do sometimes I do take 3.5 or 4 grams, but don't do that often. Now, my GABA receptors Are probly fried. Days of mixing 2.5 grams of phenibut, a few grams of gabapentin with 4-6mg of Xanax or klonopin and my daily sub dose gets me feeling goooood, esp I ally with bud added. But recreational effects diminish RAPIFLY. It's nothing like benzos, nothing! More like gabapentin, but I rlly prefer GABA over phenibut

Yeah, if you like your GABA drugs, phenibut is the devil...at least IMO. But I'm not really one for sensible dosing, I get carried away. Phenibut damaged me more than anything else I've ever done in excess, more than booze. I eventually ended up in kidney failure. For me, I could never get enough water in me, no matter how much I drank. Long story short, they ended up dumping four L of saline into a port before my kidneys would start working again, spent three days in the ICU before I was discharged. Right kidney is permanently damaged. I slept walked for at least a year after I stopped taking it, would end up like dancing in my kitchen, totally unaware until someone would come and say WTF are you doing hopping around naked? Heh.

Also, cognitive damage. My verbal skills are still fine, but when writing, things get fubared. I never had to edit anything, ever, really. I got through school and college with 4.0's in english and writing without ever having to revise my written work, but that lovely level of skill seems to be permanently gone.

I realize I'm the extreme case, but just thought I'd relate how bad this drug can be if you abuse it to the extreme.

Dang.. Yes, that is extreme. And I wouldn't recommend my actions to anyone either, now I've woken again it's become patently obvious to me that actually (for me at least) Phenibut acts like a strange middle ground between pregabalin and alcohol. This morning I feel like I've got an alcohol hangover (tired, a little nausea) , but with screaming tinnitus thrown in.

Be careful of this drug folks. Aside from ethanol, I've never known another GABA related drug that made me want to redose so compulsively and recklessly. Inhibitions were removed, I suppose it's good I spent a quiet evening in front of the telly with my family!

Made me horny as fuck, too! At a more sensible dose, could possibly be a good aphrodisiac.

One final note, phenibut seems to have done something odd to my vision too. My eyes cannot focus correctly. One sye is looking at a subject, whilst the other is looking slightly to the left of that subject. Resulting in bizarre double vision I don't think I've ever experienced before. Not sure what the biological technical term is for that,,

Oh well, I'm sure it'll clear.

Yeah phenibut is a lot like pregabalin isn't it? But less intoxicating and less intense.

Recent findings suggest that phenibut is perhaps even more active at voltage-dependent calcium channels (VDCC) than GABA-B, and pregabalin is pretty much only a VDCC ligand. That would explain the similarity. Baclofen is only a GABA-B agonist at normal doses, so it differs from phenibut significantly.

After that last message I fell back to sleep for a few hours. After that the hangover and tinnitus went away. Feeling fine now, but interestingly I still feel under the influence. What's the half life of this stuff?

Jesus H Creepy. I've just woken on day 3 and I've still got a phenibuzz. What is up with this stuff.

Phenibut's half-life is speculated to be between 5 and 10 hours, but it always depends on the individual. Personally when I was using it (1-3 g at a time), the dose would last me the whole day if taken in the morning. I found it to be a very good mood-lifting, non-impairing, and cheap drug to enhance my overall well-being. How much did you take?

The only thing you can do is just ride it out. Be glad you're not coming down off a many week-long alcohol binge. At least the phenibut is pleasant, albeit long-lasting.

You took a really big dose, way too much... no wonder it didn't treat you right. You really have to dose phenibut right or it's an unpleasant beast. It definitely lasts a long time, never had it go into 3 days, but definitely into 2, when I dosed quite a bit too much.

For me, with no tolerance, 1.5 grams is the way to go. 4 hours or so later and it's fully there. You've got to be patient with phenibut, and don't expect a "fucked up" type of feeling, it's more you feel like you're just having the best day, not so much like a drug. If you take too much it's more drug-like, but in my experience not in a very good way, too sloppy and too many side effects at that level.

For me, with no tolerance, 1.5 grams is the way to go. 4 hours or so later and it's fully there. You've got to be patient with phenibut, and don't expect a "fucked up" type of feeling, it's more you feel like you're just having the best day, not so much like a drug. If you take too much it's more drug-like, but in my experience not in a very good way, too sloppy and too many side effects at that level.

Yep, I second this.

I hear ya guys.. I have never been a role model when it comes to dosing, particular when it comes to 'fiendy' drugs like Phenibut. Although I must say, the whole experience never really treated me wrong. Fair enough, after waking after the 4.5g does I felt pretty hungover, but I fell back to sleep and awoke 3 hours later feeling a-ok. The amazing thing was waking on the 3rd day and still feeling that nice warm fuzzy feeling in my belly and legs. I guess that hints that whilst the TYPICAL halflife is 10 hours, if you overdose it has a cumulative effect on the system. That would explain why Nicholai ended up screwing his kidneys, too.

Never mind - it's done now. I must confess, I raided the bin and took 10 more capsules from the bottle, how skanky is that? The bin men have been and gone now though, so that's it for my Phenibutting.

Cheers for all the advice. :)

So I hope you guys can tell me. I have had extensive drug use and when I took phenibut the very first time I must say I was expecting a euphoric high similar to what I feel when taking alrpazolam (at least 3 bars ). Or maybe even warm like an opiate high. Or perhaps drunk like everyone compares it to alcohol. I had no idea how different and unique phenibut is and didn't appreciate it until I overdosed...
I first took 2 tsp and felt nothing ... I slept and next day I took 2 TBsp...still thought nothing was happening so my dumbass thought what the hell and I parachuted the remaining 25 or so grams of the stuff ...BAD IDEA.. The worst experience of my entire life happened almost 32 hours later!
I can only make sense of it now looking back but it was the worst Drug trip of my life . Similar to a horrible Shrooms or acid trip where I thought I would literally have to be sent to a mental hospital .
The exact opposite of what was supposed to happen did, I think at very large amounts like I took instead of feeling tired and being able to sleep I felt like I was on speed ( but not the good feelings. Only the jittery horrible can't even close your eyes feeling and my mind was Racing ).
This speedy crap feeling didn't wear off for over 3 fukin days. I couldn't even get a minute of sleep or rest. I was convinced I didn't take real phenibut but I have since bought from a different source and now I was patient with a small dose and I see what people are talking about. I feel nice and can sleep and am social. I love it. But please don't do what I did .
I never knew that taking a ton would NOT make me sleep for days which would have been nice but rather it would make me Fuking delusional for over three days . I had a panic attack for the very first time in my life the third night with zero sleep and it was the worst experience I can honestly say I have EVER had..Worst time ever and I am just getting over the horrible experience. It reminded me of a horrible trip I had on shrooms (as much as I tried to forget)
What do you guys make of this ?? I have just been able to wait out small doses of phenibut since this experience and get the nice relaxed feeling but that's NOT what happened at the large dose that I took? But I didn't feel speedy until a day and half after the overdose ..How is this possible!?

Dang.. 25g in one go? Not even I'm that crazy. It's strong stuff, the 6g I took in a day I was still feeling slightly on day 3, so that correlates.

Wow, that's a HUGE FUCKING dose (which I know you know, just saying). Good to know it won't kill you, but yeah, not surprised you reacted intensely. I must say, when I take too much (but like, just a little too much), it makes me uncontrollably sleepy but also restless in the legs. It makes me somewhat dysphoric instead of euphoric, and it makes my body sore and feel like it's really hot inside (even good doses make me feel quite warm internally). I have started to feel a little loopy when I took a good gram too much (for example, one time I had been used to taking 2.5 grams and took a long break and took 2.5 grams when I came back to it... now I know when I have no tolerance I should use 1.5 grams, this was how I found out). I felt tired and sore but also slightly unhinged, like no attention span and an intense urge to ramble extensively. But yeah, at a regular dose it lasts ALL day, and when I take too much I can still feel it for some of the next day.

Anyway, it's phenibut day today for me, they're always nice days. :) Gonna go jam/play music for hours after work, it's so great for that.

I would also like to add something about the duration. The half-life is supposed to be around 10 hours, but I don't think it's very indicative of how long it can actually last. Phenibut exists in solution as a salt no matter how you play with pH levels, and it's a pretty "small" salt too, which makes its absorption slow - hence the 3-4 hour-long comeup period. So it's very likely that even at 10 hours after consumption, there is significant absorption going on, which "counteracts" the elimination.

Cool ! Thanks for responding guys. That was my first post ever and it is pretty awesome I got some feedback. I'm addicted now to this site now! Lots of great people here with a lot of knowledge ! So would you guys say my reaction was a withdrawal or could that phenibut have still been around In my system the 3 horrible days later?! I just don't get how that is possible! I never did mention that the phenibut OD did make me have a revelation about my drug use and I have just stopped my methadone as I have completely stopped craving opiates because of this phenibut. It has saved my life!!

Yeah, I'm pretty addicted to this place right now too. Not quite as bad as FaceCrack, but a close second. I should get out more.

Anyway - yeah, that's entirely possible. Someone was saying on another thread that lipophilic drugs like phenibut get absorbed into fat cells, then slowly get released over time.

Hey, welcome, stick around. :)

As explained above, phenibut has a long half-life, and apparently it also absorbs slowly, meaning that even after quite some time it will still be building in your system. The half-life of a drug means that half of the total amount affecting you will be eliminated in that amount of time. So, if you take a very high dose (of any drug), it will be around longer. Let's say you took the amount needed to affect you... in one half-life period (in this case ~10 hours), it will have dropped off enough that you won't feel it much, if at all. But if you take twice the amount needed to affect you, after 10 hours you will still have the amount needed to affect you, since half is eliminated, so it will take another 10 hours to fully disappear. If you take 4 times the amount needed, then after 10 hours you'll still have twice the amount left, and after another 10 hours you'll still have the amount needed to affect you, and 10 MORE hours after that it will be gone. So in this way, duration increases as the dose raises. This is how people can be affected by taking way too many psychedelics even days later, for example.

If you then add a slow absorption rate, it makes it even longer... your body can absorb things at a certain rate, not any faster. So if you take a bunch of phenibut, you will keep getting more into your bloodstream for a longer period of time, which means it won't start to drop off at all until later. Of course a lot of drugs absorb very quickly, so taking a larger dose makes it almost instantly stronger, but not all of them are like that.

I wouldn't expect that withdrawal would be part of it at all, instead it's just that it took way longer to get out of your system.

Hey, welcome, stick around. :)

As explained above, phenibut has a long half-life, and apparently it also absorbs slowly, meaning that even after quite some time it will still be building in your system. The half-life of a drug means that half of the total amount affecting you will be eliminated in that amount of time. So, if you take a very high dose (of any drug), it will be around longer. Let's say you took the amount needed to affect you... in one half-life period (in this case ~10 hours), it will have dropped off enough that you won't feel it much, if at all. But if you take twice the amount needed to affect you, after 10 hours you will still have the amount needed to affect you, since half is eliminated, so it will take another 10 hours to fully disappear. If you take 4 times the amount needed, then after 10 hours you'll still have twice the amount left, and after another 10 hours you'll still have the amount needed to affect you, and 10 MORE hours after that it will be gone. So in this way, duration increases as the dose raises. This is how people can be affected by taking way too many psychedelics even days later, for example.

If you then add a slow absorption rate, it makes it even longer... your body can absorb things at a certain rate, not any faster. So if you take a bunch of phenibut, you will keep getting more into your bloodstream for a longer period of time, which means it won't start to drop off at all until later. Of course a lot of drugs absorb very quickly, so taking a larger dose makes it almost instantly stronger, but not all of them are like that.

I wouldn't expect that withdrawal would be part of it at all, instead it's just that it took way longer to get out of your system.
That always scared me when I was on bupe. I was taking 12mg a day, meaning that by the end of the first week I'd have had near 100mg of the stuff swimming around inside me (if I understand the half life thing correctly). No wonder it took so long to kick!