Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Datura - First Time - Sub-Delirium Datura "Trip"

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
This is a weird story, and it just shows how powerful datura truly is. I had been long entertaining the idea of trying it for quite a while, and I consumed a piece of a datura leaf about the size of a pinhead. I was quite drunk when I did this, and I just kind of decided to do it on somewhat of a whim. However, I knew not to go eating it in such a manner to cause delirium (e.g. taking a full dose), as I had no sitter. Here's the thing, I think that little pinhead sized piece of a leaf actually did have an effect 8o It's just insane that a piece of a leaf the size of a pinhead would do anything at all! Granted, I didn't hallucinate or anything, but I'm pretty sure I felt something from it.

T- 0:00-

T-0:20- I ate it, and I noticed what felt like more of a hyper feeling. Nothing much though. Felt like it easily could have been placebo

T-0:40- I felt something slight, a little dreamlike in a way, still felt like maybe placebo

T-1:30- At this point, I had this sensation of floating, although it was very slight and possibly placebo. Very subtle still, slight increases in awareness possibly

T-3:00- Go to bed, above effects the same. I kind of saw a little bit of a strobing effect, pretty minor though. Some cottonmouth, which is causing me to drink a lot of water.

T-12:00- I woke up, and I definitely still felt off. I kind of had this brief hypnogogic hallucination of my cell phone by my dresser, out of the corner of my eye. I still had that dreamlike feeling and people noticed I was "acting different". It was very minor though and no one suspected anything drug wise (e.g. I wasn't delirious holding conversations with trees or anything).

T-13:00- Kind of the same as before, nothing much really though. Sometimes sunlight kind of makes my vision off and is a little too bright. Pretty subtle still though....... again not freaking out and seeing dead people or any of the stuff you hear in datura reports (although that was probably because I literally ate a piece of a leaf the size of a PINHEAD).

T-16:00- Didn't feel much anymore, if at all. Wasn't much to begin with, but it seems like I've returned fully to sobriety. Points occurred where I felt the subtle effects, but it was going away.

T-26:00- Felt a little different drifting to sleep, subtle changes in how I felt at the onset of sleep. Just different, kind of cool yet indescribable.

T-36:00- Woke up feeling fine.

T-40:00- Took a ride to the store. Felt fine and all. Then, when I was out walking around town for a while, maybe it was the heat, but I thought I felt a little weird again. Probably nothing to do with it. All in all, it seems like this stuff is crazy, just the fact that something the size of a pinhead would cause any effect at all is literally mind boggling. The mere fact that a piece of a leaf the size of a pinhead would do anything just makes this entire plant seem scary as fuck. Granted, nothing much happened, and it was very subtle. Still though, just the fact that such a minute quantity of leaf would cause that effect really just shows how powerful these alkaloids can be. I mean, if I ate a whole leaf or a couple of leaves, instead of a piece of a leaf the size of a pinhead, I literally cannot imagine how powerful it would have been. Given the fact that I consumed such a minute quantity, probably literally micrograms of a leaf, I was expecting nothing to happen at all..... although it seemed like there was something, ever so subtle, but something nonetheless. Given it's extraordinary potency, I don't think I'll be messing with it again, even in such microscopic amounts....... and yes I literally did just eat a piece of a leaf the size of a fucking pinhead! Are there any other plants where a piece of a leaf the size of a PINHEAD would be psychoactive?......... probably not.

Lesson to be learned..... don't fuck with datura, if a piece the size of a pinhead caused some kind of effect, the stuff is likely impossible to accurately dose for hallucinogenic purposes without landing yourself in the nuthouse. This shit is fucking crazy. I know that shamans back in ancient times used to take datura, but I'll say that if I ever were to use it for real...... I definitely would take it in a shamanic setting amongst those experienced with the plant. If a pinhead sized amount did something, it's clearly something on a level entirely beyond psychedelics..... if that's even possible?

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_datura
substancecode_deliriants
explevel_firsttime
exptype_neutral
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator: