• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

RIDDLES TO SOLVE x 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airmid

Bluelighter
I am posting two Riddles today, so please get your thinking caps on :)

NO.1 -A man hijacks an aeroplane transporting both passengers (8 of them) and valuable cargo. After taking the cargo, the man demands nine parachutes, puts one of them on, and jumps,leaving the other eight behind. Why did he want eight others?

NO.2 -Six Friends Rachel Monica phoebe Joey Chandler and Ross were going to church. Suddenly rains come and all except Ross runs toward shelter. All these who ran got wet while Ross stays still and does not get wet.

If no one guesses the correct answers,for example Mond ;)..I shall post them in a while :)

Last edited:
Why did he want eight?
he didn't want eight. he wanted nine. this 'riddle' doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Six Friends Rachel Monica phoebe Joey Chandler and Ross were going to church. Suddenly rains come and all except Ross runs toward shelter. All these who ran got wet while Ross stays still and does not get wet.
because he had an umbrella?

alasdair

Quite correct alasdair, I should have said why did he want the eight others. My mistake and should make more sense now.

Your reply to the second, I'm afraid is incorrect.

sorry, i don't think i can solve these..

1. to give the passengers a chance to escape?

2. there was no need to run because they were already in place that would keep them dry.

Your reply to the second, I'm afraid is incorrect.
it's perfectly correct - it's just not the answer you want :)

on the first question, if he just asked for a single parachute, it could be tampered with somehow. if he demands more than one (in this case nine which implies that he needs a parachute for himself and every passenger) the authorities can't risk tampering with any of them?

alasdair

2. there was no need to run because they were already in place that would keep them dry.
right. they're just going to church so they could be under a bus shelter, in their hotel lobby, etc. only those who left the dry place got wet...

alasdair

1) he left the others behind with the parachutes--so they could don them themselves.
OR
the valuable cargo, which was a famous albino talking elephant that was psychic speaking 8 languages needed all eight of the others.

2)yes, they were already standing somewhere protected from the rain.

OR

it was one fast moving rain cloud and it kept up with the group on the run.

Perfect, correct reply...Thank you :) If the authorities thought he was jumping with a hostage they would not risk giving him a faulty parachute. Congrats, no prize I'm afraid. Thank you Alasdair :)

Last edited:
Hi, thank you for taking part, I will not post two riddles at the same time again, to keep things simple. We are left with Riddle 2 the Church one, if anyone wants to have a go?

Okay, enough..:)... answer to the Church Riddle -

Ross was in the coffin. Four were carrying the coffin and fifth was marching in front for clearing the way

Okay, enough..:)... answer to the Church Riddle -

Ross was in the coffin. Four were carrying the coffin and fifth was marching in front for clearing the way

my answer was correct then. i said Ross was in a dry place, in this instance a coffin.

Oh No no no....YOU do not this win this one....YOU, my friend did not get this one, exhausted trying to outwit you..but I did :) x

coffins are, almost without exception, carried by six pallbearers and when, at a funeral, does anybody have to walk in front of the coffin clearing the way?

but thanks for posting - maybe we'll do better with the next one.

alasdair

Status
Not open for further replies.