European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Is it legal

jayjaysleepyhead

Bluelighter
Hi again i finally gotta mention this as its playing on my mind and i feel i would be lying to all ya who have tried to advise me . Now my doctor whom is ok even though i barely see him as i pick up my diazepam script weekly from reception ,we have however both contributed well in dettoxing me not bloody (usa) tapering i believe they call it he he sorry,anyway over a period of 7 months we have managed to get me right down to 4mg from 20mg ,quite unbelievable really when i think how stubborn i was never to go down even a ml but on monday just gone he told me this is your last script we are finished, i said are you for real mate we gotta go to 2 mg or even 3mg now as im finding it harder now as its such a low doseage anyway , but he just said no thats it , i was and still am dumbfounded now this is the main reason i overdosed on the benzos see its coming out now , to tell him fuck you ...hole i can always get buy do again why is he being like this and yes i was a baby spat my dummy out but surely after all this you guys now know why i done this so what do you all think about that.

Mate a similar thing happened to me last year. I won't bore you with all the details but I was on 180mg methadone tablets, 600mg pregabalin and 20mg diazepam (and a few other bits and bobs) started by the pain clinic. Anyway after my old GP left I was stuck with this absolute cunt who made it harder and harder for me to get my methadone pills until I was forced to to cold turkey from it (which was hell).

Anyway a couple of months after that I had reduced (tapered. Lol!! :)) down to 200mg of pregabalin and 4mg diazepam with the intention of reducing further so I wouldn't have to go through another cold turkey when one day te just says "well that's it we're stopping the diaz and pregabalin"....I had no choice about it whatsoever and was fuming. I've now got a different GP who wouldn't do something like that but at the time I was just gobsmacked. On the plus side though the withdrawl wasn't too bad from those as I wasn't using them daily and would only take them about once or maybe twice a week when I was suffering with a pain flare up.

I'm sure you know the seizure risk with stopping diaz cold turkey (as surely does your doctor) but I think at a low dose like 4mg this is greatly reduced. Let me have a look at a few books and I'll see if I can find anything about the level of seizure risk from stopping at such a low dose as 4mg..

You know you can put in an official complaint about your GP through your practice manager and PALS (patient liason)?

Have i hurt you guys as i notice no feedback apart from one person i didnt lie i just wanted ti add this bit about my doctor ok please dont ignore me people and i apoligise if anyone is offended my doctor is to blame i mean 4mg to 0 thats weird dont you think.

No, but ODing isn't going to help you and it won't hurt the asshat Dr. who decided to stop your script. You're at 4mgs with a thirty day supply? Can you at least drop .5 per week? G is far more expert than I on this. Are you dosing multiple times a day or 4 mg at night?

Have i hurt you guys as i notice no feedback apart from one person i didnt lie i just wanted ti add this bit about my doctor ok please dont ignore me people and i apoligise if anyone is offended my doctor is to blame i mean 4mg to 0 thats weird dont you think.

No, you haven't hurt us, but I for one haven't got a clue what you're talking about. Try formulating a detailed, concise and legible post and we might stand a chance of helping you...

Last edited:
No, you haven't hurt us, but I for one haven't got a clue what you're talking about. Try formulating a detailed, concise and legible post and we might stand a chance of helping you...

I bet your drug abuse has never altered your coherence then? The guy started a thread yesterday questioning his own sanity and whether he had intentions to kill himself, maybe give him a break. EDIT: btw I respect you as a poster. You are a funny guy and appreciate that you have taken time to give me some advice before, but I don't see how that post is helping tbh. 8)

I'm not really comfortable giving a definitive answer to the question, I think you'll probably be alright dropping down from 4mg with the supply you have left. I'd definately do a swift taper rather than taking 4mg a day and then dropping to nothing. Good luck and try and stay positive.

Last edited:
I bet your drug abuse has never altered your coherence then? The guy started a thread yesterday questioning his own sanity and whether he had intentions to kill himself, maybe give him a break. EDIT: btw I respect you as a poster. You are a funny guy and appreciate that you have taken time to give me some advice before, but I don't see how that post is helping tbh. 8)

I'm not really comfortable giving a definitive answer to the question, I think you'll probably be alright dropping down from 4mg with the supply you have left. I'd definately do a swift taper rather than taking 4mg a day and then dropping to nothing. Good luck and try and stay positive.

Touche, ya cunt... ;)

Oi fubar what do you want me to say, i can see your a bit of a joker but as my man was saying have a bit of heart ok maybe im not too good at explaining myself but fuck me who needs frienfs when all you have done is take the piss out of me ask me questions and if you wanna get cheeky 2 can play tjat game but id rather be friends pal ok

I still think you'll be fine jumping off at 4mg. How many do you have left out of your script? I would drop to 2mg straight away (then 1mg if you want to be absolutely safe) and work out the remnants of your taper with what you have left. If you feel any danger of a seizure though go straight to A&E or call an ambulance....

It is usual to taper people down to 2mg before stopping but honestly I dont think you'll have any problems. Its just really annoying when GPs do this sort of thing. Even if the physical risk is minimal it's extremely mentally distressing for the patient to get cut off like that with little warning.

Let us know how things work out.....

I jumped off at 5mg diazepam from a monster, would-drop-a-fucking-gorilla benzo habit and was fine (after slowly reducing over a few months).
I think bigG is right; you should be ok re: seizure risk etc.
Can see why you'd be rightly pissed though. Take it easy, and maybe lay off other drugd in the meantime.
ie no stims or GABAergics.

Oi fubar what do you want me to say, i can see your a bit of a joker but as my man was saying have a bit of heart ok maybe im not too good at explaining myself but fuck me who needs frienfs when all you have done is take the piss out of me ask me questions and if you wanna get cheeky 2 can play tjat game but id rather be friends pal ok

Er, sorry? All I've done is take the piss out of you? Wtf are you on about? I've responded to one post of yours and because you don't like it you're getting arsey? Bugger me sideways... 8(

Just a tip-try lemon balm tea, its a fairly reasonable GABA-transaminase inhibitor and will keep what GABA is available from being broken down nearly as quickly as it would naturally.

Also valerian root, its available over the counter, boots have it, and so do holland and basta...ahem, barrett's, its an allosteric positive modulator at the loreclezole binding site at loreclezole-sensitive GABAaRs. IIRC binds between beta and gamma subunits on the ion channel complex. The balm (melissa officianalis) tastes wonderful too, sweetened with a dash of honey. Its nice in tea, tea too as a flavoring but you want to totally avoid caffeine when detoxing GABAergics, as it will counteract benzos etc.

Best fresh, although if all you can find is dried herb or extracts then use those. Very safe stuff, and in all honesty you cannot really go wrong with it. Its not got an OD level that I know of, at least, you'd have to drink so much balm tea that you'd probably drop dead of hyponatraemia first. I drink jugs and jugs of the stuff in the hot summer months, as its so refreshing. Nice citrusy taste, a generous squeeze of fresh lime and lemon juice plus a few slices of the fruits after you've grated the zest off them and added that to the bottom of the jug before you add the almost-boiling water (not boiling as some of the active constituents are volatile oils), and I don't think you'll be unhappy you did.

Might be an idea btw to avoid at least Sativa weeds, THC reduces GABA release. This of course will still happen to an extent with Indicas, but CBD acts as an antagonist at CB1, so will lessen this effect, if you feel like you need weed for anxiety.

Be warned about valerian btw, it smells gnarly, pretty foul smell like rancid feet or sweaty cheesy socks; this DOESN'T mean you have a bad or gone-off batch. This is what valerian smells like.

Can't you register at another surgery and explain the issue to a new doctor?

Just a tip-try lemon balm tea, its a fairly reasonable GABA-transaminase inhibitor and will keep what GABA is available from being broken down nearly as quickly as it would naturally.

Also valerian root, its available over the counter, boots have it, and so do holland and basta...ahem, barrett's, its an allosteric positive modulator at the loreclezole binding site at loreclezole-sensitive GABAaRs. IIRC binds between beta and gamma subunits on the ion channel complex. The balm (melissa officianalis) tastes wonderful too, sweetened with a dash of honey. Its nice in tea, tea too as a flavoring but you want to totally avoid caffeine when detoxing GABAergics, as it will counteract benzos etc.

Best fresh, although if all you can find is dried herb or extracts then use those. Very safe stuff, and in all honesty you cannot really go wrong with it. Its not got an OD level that I know of, at least, you'd have to drink so much balm tea that you'd probably drop dead of hyponatraemia first. I drink jugs and jugs of the stuff in the hot summer months, as its so refreshing. Nice citrusy taste, a generous squeeze of fresh lime and lemon juice plus a few slices of the fruits after you've grated the zest off them and added that to the bottom of the jug before you add the almost-boiling water (not boiling as some of the active constituents are volatile oils), and I don't think you'll be unhappy you did.

Might be an idea btw to avoid at least Sativa weeds, THC reduces GABA release. This of course will still happen to an extent with Indicas, but CBD acts as an antagonist at CB1, so will lessen this effect, if you feel like you need weed for anxiety.

Be warned about valerian btw, it smells gnarly, pretty foul smell like rancid feet or sweaty cheesy socks; this DOESN'T mean you have a bad or gone-off batch. This is what valerian smells like.

Can't you register at another surgery and explain the issue to a new doctor?

Goddamn limpet you're like a walking encyclopedia.

What do you mean? all I did was suggest a couple of herbal medicines which can be of use in helping the OP with his taper.

But thanks mate:)

Oh and I should have mentioned before but theres one other thing about valerian, thats of import in such cases. Its the single most powerful oneirogen I have ever encountered. Although its the only loreclezole site agonist that I've taken,I so far haven't tried loreclezole itself yet. Although I might have found a source of it, I'll have to start saving up for some, or see if I can't find a published synthesis protocol as its probably the GABAergic drug I most want to try, precisely because of the effects valerian has.
The effects on dreaming of the herb are just....wow damn! the most vivid and extremely intense at least semilucid dreaming. one after another after another after another after another, as if it should carry a fucking warning label on packaging 'go straight to REM phase, do not pass go, but it might as well be raining £200s, spend all night long collecting rapid eye movements, but be warned you might well need to sleep it off the next day, its that sodding heavy going in intensity terms.''

Its oneirogenic effects are quite something, I've no problem with my own doc, he's not shown the least signs of being a dickhead, he is a genuinely good man imo, and I've a lot of respect for the guy; it is, if I'm quite honest, because of him I can still walk for more than that small portion of the year that poppies are available, I doubt most doctors would let me have as much morphine as I do, let alone two formulations of the stuff and some amount of oxy too for breakthruugh, although a modest amount of the oxy. And he refused to cut my dose when other docs at the practice, although the one I'm thinking of specifically, quit, but would turn ghostly pale, and this specific doc,now gone, would tell me I'm on 'elephant painkillers', and this weearing a look that said that had he originally come from nigeria, zimbabwe, or been a member of the San peoples (Kalahari desert area, Namibia and Okavango delta area, amongst others, IIRC the same people known as Hottentots, although they consider that name offensive, or some certainly do; from the San tribal linguistic group, which features extensive use of 'click' consonant forms, which you'd have to hear really to form an impression of what they sound like, as there are no direct parallels in english, and I don't think so even in european or south american languages (not sure about inuit/aleut/eskimo languages as I know comparatively little about their linguistics then he'd need factor three inches of lead shielding plus aftersun based on D2O to visit the scottish highlands in the depths of winter, and shades made from recycled solar filters for telescopes, he'd turn that pale when I went in for repeat scripts. Although he did indeed do them when I needed them, he seemed determined to make sure I knew it was under protest....hence his frequent references to african big game (although such hunting, other than for genuinely positive, proconservation reasons disgusts me, and even when its necessary it still leaves a nasty, bitter taste in my mouth)

Just a general observation from some of the comments of yours I've seen, lots of interesting, obscure and usually medically oriented facts squeezed into a couple of paragraphs. Was intended as a compliment, I wish I had those smarts :)

Well thanks.I daresay I've read a lot of possibly obscure material. Like for instance, the pride of my med lit collection are two big leatherbound tomes from the 1800s. Although I don't exactly walk around shouting ''hey how smart am i'' from the rooftops.
Especially as the vicar would likely hear me and call the pigs to try and retain the lead sheeting=D j/k.

/;