• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸DANGEROUS Drug Combos⫷

Hi there a quick question. I am bi polar and I am on valproic acid, seroquil, and trazadone. I use cocaine quite a lot and I find if I do more then a few lines my heart starts to ache and my lower back where my kidneys are really start to hurt. I also take Percocets when the pain becomes to much. Is there a high possibility I can overdose?

Hi there a quick question. I am bi polar and I am on valproic acid, seroquil, and trazadone. I use cocaine quite a lot and I find if I do more then a few lines my heart starts to ache and my lower back where my kidneys are really start to hurt. I also take Percocets when the pain becomes to much. Is there a high possibility I can overdose?

There is always a chance that you can overdose whether you are on medication or not. I know If I took Coke and started to get chest pains I am not taking anymore and getting it checked out, Cocaine can raise your blood pressure to dangerous levels and increase heart rate this alone could cause chest pains and palpitations.

Do you have high blood pressure?

As for the pain in your lower back are you hydrated? are you drinking alcohol?

I don?t have high blood pressure. I drink sometimes but not as much as I use. I drink about 9 glasses of water and juice about every day

Its Impossible to know what is causing your symptoms unless you went to a Dr but if i were you I would lay off the Coke especially with chest pains.

Alcohol and Cocaine although often mixed by many can be dangerous it creates a chemical called Cocaethylene which is very Toxic and increases the risk over many life threatening illnesses.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/cocaethylene

Last edited by a moderator:
OK so my buddy has had a history of seizures he believes to have originated when he was working with and huffing Medical Nitrous oxide
(5- 100 lb tanks) for about 3 years ...resulting in a horrible B-12 deficiency, At 17 he was of Diagnosed with Polly-Neuropathy affecting mainly his extremities and HPPD (The nerve damage resulted in Gran-Mal seizures and extreme lack of coordination ....Imagine that!). He is now 23 and although his muscle strength and coordination have come back to almost 100% there have been at least 10 seizures all very spaced out over this 6 year period and had stopped using NOS completely after that diagnosis. he has been prescribed Keppra and Depakote neither having much success. Mind you he has been a poly-user of any and all narcotics kicked off by marijuana at 13 (daily since) and becoming serious at around 15 using and and all Narcotics. (Any and all pills, mainly Benzos and opiates/opiods, Cocaine/ketamine and of course copious amounts of LSD/DMT).

Just a few weeks ago he went in for a regular physical and was prescribed Lexapro for anxiety which he refused after informing his Dr. of the dangerous and lethal interactions between SSRI's his recreational habits, he ended up walking out with Buspirone 5mg 2 time a day. Now my buddy's an odd guy he goes through stages binging on certain drugs and directly after leaving the Dr he ends up smoking meth. This snowballed into a binder pretty much daily meth use for a few weeks, typically less than a half gram a day sometimes with a little crack as well followed by GHB or Ketamine (IM) a lot of times Xanax is combined with the Ketamine. His most recent seizure was in this time period while he was alone, and did not realize he had one until he was getting ready for work and realized he had a huge knot on his head/stiff muscles and a sliced tongue. He had taken the Buspirone but had also taken a 5-HTP with his daily vitamins D and B-12. He has continued the Buspirone but has dropped 5-HTP since.

I apologize if i gave to much backstory! This is just obviously scary stuff! My friend in all his brilliance believes it to be a specific interaction between the Buspirone and the 5-HTP both affecting Serotonin. Personally i'm starting to think that mabye juuuuuustttt maaaabyeee smoking Meth and crack, popping Xanax/shooting Ketamine might have something to do with it as well...figured id come to ask the home team what you all think? I'm thinking that hes just got wayyyy to much going on with his serotonin levels, possibly even serotonin syndrome...Idk its quite the cocktail, hes always used drugs like this and he is very aware he has a substance abuse problem and a great support group he just currently wont for whatever reason utilize . We are really just wanting to know more about the interactions between any of the substances mentioned along with any advice or aspects we might have overlooked!
The biggest scariest is thing They never occur under the influence but they also Don't often occur around the time after heavy abuse has abruptly stopped. There are no "Auras" or signs that he can notice before he drops....he has no recollection of what happens before or after the Seizure.Ii have witnessed a few of them as has his Girl friend and coworkers and cops/EMT and he sometimes says or does strange things directly beforehand and he always come to very confused,weak and disoriented. He will fall and hit his head, has totaled a car, bites his tongue wide open every time. Its all just extremely taxing both psychically and mentally! Obviously abstinence from the narcotics would be his best chance of reducing the seizures, but we are more interested in whats known about interactions between these narcotics and prescription drugs! Thank you all in advance for any information!!!

Blesss:) <3

I'm bumping this up so it doesn't get deleted. I feel like this is the most important thread on this sight, and I'd hate to see it go to waste. I've used it for reference multiple times

Its Impossible to know what is causing your symptoms unless you went to a Dr but if i were you I would lay off the Coke especially with chest pains.

Alcohol and Cocaine although often mixed by many can be dangerous it creates a chemical called Cocaethylene which is very Toxic and increases the risk over many life threatening illnesses.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/cocaethylene
cocaethtlene is also extremely addictive. I know far too many people who would sooner stay home on the weekends than go drinking without coke.

I myself was addicted to cocaine for many years but after I began mixing it with alcohol regularly I couldn't stop. This is bad considering how harmful it is. Tread carefully with this one.

Also opioids and alcohol can be deceptively strong. I Almost od'd on heroin after coming home from the bar one night just by smoking a little bit, way less than I would smoke on an average day when not drinking. I remember thinking 'oh my god is this going to kill me?' After i couldn't lift myself off the bed.

Alcohol, Xanax and defiantly heroin
Defiantly? Did you really mean to say that? Or definitely? I could see how you are right either way.

I almost died in my sleep I think (someone sensed it if you can even start buying into metaphysical stuff like that) on alcohol and etizolam. I had mixed alcohol with lorazepam and zolpidem many times before that but this was very dangerous due to the amount of each I took (can't say there is a safe amount to combine). Still mixing benzos with alcohol is extremely dangerous and same with ambien. I always thought I had it under control but I have vomited nearly everytime I drank with ambien. That is just a bad sign.

I think my cousin died in his sleep taking some pharmies after a night of drinking at the bar. I mean I know he died in his sleep but was never told what pills he was taking.

Defiantly? Did you really mean to say that? Or definitely? I could see how you are right either way.

I almost died in my sleep I think (someone sensed it if you can even start buying into metaphysical stuff like that) on alcohol and etizolam. I had mixed alcohol with lorazepam and zolpidem many times before that but this was very dangerous due to the amount of each I took (can't say there is a safe amount to combine). Still mixing benzos with alcohol is extremely dangerous and same with ambien. I always thought I had it under control but I have vomited nearly everytime I drank with ambien. That is just a bad sign.

I think my cousin died in his sleep taking some pharmies after a night of drinking at the bar. I mean I know he died in his sleep but was never told what pills he was taking.
If I'm not crazy I remember hearing that etizolam and alcohol was particularly dangerous for some reason although I can't remember why.

The one that came the closest to killing me (afaik) was heroin and alcohol. I got home after a big night at the bar doing coke and drinking and decided I'd smoke a piece of heroin to help me sleep. Needless to say I didn't need it and ended up getting reeeeeally heavily sedated. I would nod out for a couple mins and when I came too I was sweating and gasping for air. Body was too heavy to get off my bed. I had to force myself awake for a while until the heroin high calmed down.

Edit: my cousin died in his sleep too after a night at the bar. His buddy gave him coke contaminated with fentanyl by accident. 30yrs old with a 4 month old daughter who he only seen once (away for work).

Well I had a mate OD next to me after we had a heavy binge of a night. He started his night of with booze and crack and when it was time for the comedown he took H, Benzos and Z meds. Luckily i woke up from his extreme snoring which was actually him struggling to breath and so i noticed he wasnt responding and phoned the ER. He Survived so i guess that to him was a lethal cocktail.

PLEASE READ

ST johns Wort or Mucuna Pruriens are VERY dangerous to combine with most psychedelics and stims. I have had a hypertensive emergency on both and if i didn't have Etiz and herbal diuretics on hand it might've ended VERY badly (topped at 225 over 135. Scariest moments of my life and while ST Johns Wort is known for this, I could not find any cases of Mucuna and i researched before hand. I hope this can help someone prevent a major disaster.

Take care all!

I'm prescribed a lot of meds and I took standard dose dxm this morning and felt like I was in a sleepy nightmare, could barely get words out of my mouth, was insanely hungry and felt like I was going to drop to the floor whenever I stood up.

prescribed by my psychiatrist :
Xanax 0.5mg 2x
Vyvanse 40mg
Lexapro 20mg
Wellbutrin XL 150mg
Lamictal 150mg
(I sometimes substitute ativan for xanax and ritalin for vyvanse if I need to)

At this point, I feel high at low doses of Benadryl and dxm. I thought it was in my head at first but now I really believe it.

My point is, is there anything I can use without safety concerns on this combo? I'm terrified after the experience with the cough medicine this morning.

^ No. You're on amphetamines, antidepressants AND benzos. You have more medicine than certain psychiatrists are even willing to prescribe these days and still, you're trying to find something else to get high on. Just stick to what you have.

I know a fairly bad one; Mufentanil (or any fentanil analogue really) and any (D)RI. I tried it a fair few times then decided to speedball it with some full on DRI (I don't remember which one but it doesn't matter really, although it could have been an RTI-xxx actually); I passed out about 4-6 mins after sniffing, then came seizing, going in an out of consciousness, while seizing I hit my head on the metal backboard of my bed, how many times I dunno, maybe 30-40 times before my GF found me, took me down from the bars, Naltrexoned me and I woke up with absolutely no memory; even basic things like my name or what country I'm from. Nothing. It took me 2 months to get my basic lower level memories back, another year before my long term memories came back and my short term memory is still fairly fucked up (after nearly 3 years) but it gets better every day, plus I'm using nootropics to help me get my edge back.
It's been a long road ever since that day. I'm still on opioids, of course (I needed them for the pain originally but it brought my entire habit back, now I'm on H every day and I hate it and I have no idea how to quit; I'm looking into Papaver Rhoeas extract though. It's like a Dopamine addict's best friend! > (http://ijpr.sbmu.ac.ir/article_757_7.html).
After I get off though...that's an end to my drug journey; I'm hanging my boots up. Sure I'll do some MD or acid once in a while, new psychedelics/empaths for sure, a bit of coke here and there, speed to help me write and get out, benzos to sleep, and heaps of MXE in between (I have a *very* special relationship with it!), but everything else I'm done with!

Last edited:
PV8, MDPEP and HEP, can cause death in overdose
renderTimingPixel.png

So some people go around saying MDPEP is inactive, that's like saying MDPV was inactive compared to PVP. Or that pentedrone was inactive. So HEP and MDPEP should be active as PV8 caused two fatal overdoses in juliy 2018, here's a link to the article: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1344622317303462 The guy died from dosing 750mg in one binge, just saying it's VERY active. (EDIT: I Don't know how much he dosed, my calculations where wrong).

If your batch isn't active in the mg range get a new supplier. (that accounts for both HEP and MDPEP)

Last edited:
Reactions: CFC
Diclofenac and Ibuprofen -- using the gel and the pills together can cause renal trouble. Topical corticosteroids get metabolized by the liver and it's metabolites can affect the liver. So I'd imagine if you're popping APAP, booze and the steroid cream it MAY cause some problems, but I have yet to find empirical evidence on the Internet regarding effects of mixing drugs with corticosteroids ...