• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸DANGEROUS Drug Combos⫷

back in the day I was prescribed opiates, benzos and the lyrica. taking many lyrica, and 1/4 xanax dose results in falling face first into the ground and having a good time doing it. Needless to say I dont do that anymore lol

I can't specify any pharmacological reason as to why, but when I used seroquel to sleep after a high dose of Adderall the introduction of an antipsychotic actually caused a psychotic reaction. It put me to sleep but I awoke an hour later unable to sleep or think straight and with a mind crushing headache. My state only got worse and it was to the point I was considering calling 911 because I had managed to run my heart rate up and my headache wouldn't subside, I eventually got to sleep and felt better with the help of 1mgs of lorazepam but the hellish physical and mental state I went through stuck with me.

Back when I was younger and therefore thought I could handle anything, I took a whole bunch of Xanax bars (like, 12-15 of them) on top of my usual 100 mg of Methadone (I was on a clinic at the time.) I ended up having a grand mal seizure, hitting my head when I fell on concrete hard enough to require staples in my head. There was blood everywhere, and I was told by the ER staff that if my late husband hadn't administered the proper first aid while waiting for the ambulance, I'd likely be dead. Last time in my life I ever attempted such a thing.

I had to unapprove a few posts, because this thread is about dangerous drug interactions, not to ask if drug x+y mix well or not (please post those questions in eiter Other Drugs or Basic Drug Discussion)
So please only post known dangerous combinations/interactions

I didn't read this entire thread, but I have a huge warning against MDMA and an MAOI combination. That is pretty much guaranteed death and I am lucky I am still alive. I went out with a guy years ago while I was prescribed an MAOI. He happened to have MDMA and I took it, not really thinking too much about it and all I remember is a couple minutes after taking it, everything felt wrong and I said "OH NO!", then woke up many many hours later lying on his floor with no top or bra on. I don't think he did anything to me. When I blacked out, I must have took on my own top and bra off. He left me on the floor though and left his house for all those hours, I could have died.

God, I hate myself when I think back to doing impulse shit, but it reminds me of how far I've come.

He left me on the floor though and left his house for all those hours, I could have died.

What a piece of shit. You think that he didn't do anything to you (I hope not) but he did the next worse thing: he left you lying there when you probably needed medical attention. Thank God you didn't die.

It's common for people to uncontrollably take their clothes off when they are extremely high or experiencing over dose or bad reaction like symptoms. For example, the times I found myself way way out of it from way way too much mdpv I would usually "come to" afterwards and find myself naked. So, i wouldn't be surprised if you removed your own clothing. Atleast I hope so, or we (all of Bluelight) should hunt this asshat down and beat the living shit out of him.

I'm sorry this happened to you but I'm glad you survived.

------

I want to reiterate a (hopefully well known) dangerous combination. I accidentally combined DXM and mdma once. Combining these two drugs can lead to serotonin syndrome or even death.

Unfortunately, sometimes "mdma" pills actually contain DXM. A complete novice may not know the difference but a seasoned user will know that their pill does not contain MDMA as soon as the effects start - the effects of the two drugs are quite different.

I was given pills of two different types one night. My dealer told me one type was good strong mdma (I later tested one by itself and verified they were good). He also gave me several of another kind of pill for free that he said weren't very good... He just wanted to get rid of them. I assumed they were just weak, but I tried taking one by itself weeks later and the effects were definitely dxm like (I have tons of dxm exp... There was no mistaking it was dxm imo)

That night I took two of both kinds of pills. Based on what my dealer told me, I was just expecting the free pills to be weak. I only took them on top of the good pills to hopefully get a little extra boost.

I had a horrible horrible experience. I was completely delusional, experiencing intense dysphoria, confusion, headaches, temperature fluctuations and nausea. Most of the time I didn't know who I was or where I was. It took 24 hours before things settled down and another 48 hours before I started to feel somewhat ok again. I'm lucky I survived.

I only bring this up since, occasionally, "mdma" pills have been known to contain dxm instead. So if somebody is mixing pills from various sources or batches then it is possible for that someone to accidentally consume dxm and mdma at the same time.

Don't mix DXM and mdma. Always test your pills since DXM isn't the only adulterant to look out for.

I love DXM, but not when it's sold to me as mdma, lol.

Can Morphine and methadone be taken together? I heard methadone counter acts the affects of all opioid medications. I regularly take 30 mg Morphine every 12 hours for Multiple Sclerosis. Sometimes it works sometimes not. A friend said that methadone is a good pain killer also. I have no experience with methadone. I tried marijuana (I have a medical matajuna license for being chronically ill) but gives me crazy tachycardia. Any help would be greatly appreciative.

Please make a new thread to ask a question :)
But yes, you can take them together, but both are opioids and will synergise and increase respiratory depression, so don't take your normal dose of morphine and methadone. And at a certain dosage methadone will block the effects of other opioids.
If you want dosage advice please post in Basic Drug Discussion http://bluelight.org/vb/forums/16-Basic-Drug-Discussion

What a piece of shit. You think that he didn't do anything to you (I hope not) but he did the next worse thing: he left you lying there when you probably needed medical attention. Thank God you didn't die.

It's common for people to uncontrollably take their clothes off when they are extremely high or experiencing over dose or bad reaction like symptoms. For example, the times I found myself way way out of it from way way too much mdpv I would usually "come to" afterwards and find myself naked. So, i wouldn't be surprised if you removed your own clothing. Atleast I hope so, or we (all of Bluelight) should hunt this asshat down and beat the living shit out of him.

I'm sorry this happened to you but I'm glad you survived.

------

I want to reiterate a (hopefully well known) dangerous combination. I accidentally combined DXM and mdma once. Combining these two drugs can lead to serotonin syndrome or even death.

Unfortunately, sometimes "mdma" pills actually contain DXM. A complete novice may not know the difference but a seasoned user will know that their pill does not contain MDMA as soon as the effects start - the effects of the two drugs are quite different.

I was given pills of two different types one night. My dealer told me one type was good strong mdma (I later tested one by itself and verified they were good). He also gave me several of another kind of pill for free that he said weren't very good... He just wanted to get rid of them. I assumed they were just weak, but I tried taking one by itself weeks later and the effects were definitely dxm like (I have tons of dxm exp... There was no mistaking it was dxm imo)

That night I took two of both kinds of pills. Based on what my dealer told me, I was just expecting the free pills to be weak. I only took them on top of the good pills to hopefully get a little extra boost.

I had a horrible horrible experience. I was completely delusional, experiencing intense dysphoria, confusion, headaches, temperature fluctuations and nausea. Most of the time I didn't know who I was or where I was. It took 24 hours before things settled down and another 48 hours before I started to feel somewhat ok again. I'm lucky I survived.

I only bring this up since, occasionally, "mdma" pills have been known to contain dxm instead. So if somebody is mixing pills from various sources or batches then it is possible for that someone to accidentally consume dxm and mdma at the same time.

Don't mix DXM and mdma. Always test your pills since DXM isn't the only adulterant to look out for.

I love DXM, but not when it's sold to me as mdma, lol.

I really don't think he did anything to me. I honestly can't even picture the things I did while blacked out. It's a scary thought. All I know is somehow my bra ended up by his washer and dryer which was on the other side of his house. I woke up in his home alone trying to find it. He finally came back to his house and drove me home. He said something snarky and dropped me off. Never heard from him again of course. He was a complete asshole. He didn't want to get me medical attention because maybe he would be in trouble for having MDMA. So he left me there to possibly die. The whole thing is crazy. All I can take from it is I'm alive now, for whatever reason...

Your experience sounds awful too. It is not fun to completely lose your mind and almost your life. Everyone be safe and thank you for your considerate reply!

The best CYP3A4 inhibitor is Cimetidine (Brand Name Tagmet). It will maximize all opiates from length and duration to strength. But it really maximizes buprenorphine (suboxone/subutex. Also maximizes Most Benzos.

Also to increase length/duration and strength of Suboxone or any form of buprenorphine there is not one time I take it with the method im going to give you, just please try it and if you dont like screw it, take it how you feel its most effective, all im trying to do is help people be able to stretch there prescribed amount even if you dont have to stretch your prescribed amount (like me) you can just stash them like me or whatever you get the picture.....

But anyways the method here it is .....

First you want to get your highest proof alcohol like drinking alcohol vodka will work 40% 80proof but they got bacardi 151 and this new stuff called 99bannanas idk in your area but w.e your going to be drinking the alcohol so just guy just one of them real small bottles (shooters) 2 would be a whole double shot ... LoL but anyways just try to get your highest proof alcohol the stronger the better

ok first step obtain the alcohol and suboxone

I use a teaspoon this is the best thing to mix it up in, if you dont have one get the next best thing somethin small like a teaspoon.

Cut about 2-3 mgs or your preference remember less is more with bupe

Then you put the sub in the teaspoon, either get a needless syringe or take a 1cc 31 Guage needle and break the needle off you can cut it off with scissors works perfect and exactly what I use. Fill the teaspoon about full, let sit for about maybe 5 mins then get yourself a stirrer, and just stir so everything is disolved and your left with about of a teaspoon full of orange tint alcohol solution put that under your tongue and within about 30-45mins you will be feeling just right

Thank me later
Gotta go roll some jays to keep wifey happy.

Steer clear of oxazepram and alcohol...when I used to drink I mixed the two..armed robbery, gbh, leaving the scene of an accident an DUI. Woke up in lock up with no recollection of any of it. Needless to say I no longer drink or take oxazepram...

In fact mixing alcohol with any medal is a terrible idea guys. Oh and don't tapentadol with ANYTHING. When mixed with other drugs or alcohol or even just excessive doses on its own is a dangerous drug. Not much is known about it but from personal experience, even on its own at 1000mg (way beyond prescribed therapeutic doses) it had me believing dreams were reality and actual situations that happened the day before, arguing with my missus about pills I thought I had in the house at the time that a patch member dripped off to me to sell, thinking she had thrown them out or I had taken them all, ( it was all a dream in my head) so please be very careful with tapentadol guys, DO NOT underestimate it thinking it's weak due to its similarity in chemical name up to tramadol, as it is anything but weak..

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you talk more on the use of inhailers when using cocaine, I would find it useful info.
Thanks!!

God there are so many, I think you need to make one for each drug, even if it's redundant. For example, citalopram, escitalopram, sertraline, etc. can inhibit the metabolism of methadone, causing an overdose. Then you got all the QT interval interactions, there are so many. But I would focus on the major drugs of abuse and build around them, like you can't take x, z or y if you wanna take demerol

One time I OD'd off what I think was either acetylfentanyl, U-47700, or carfentanil even, not sure. The dealer swears it was just heroin. If it was it was highly cut with one of those "super opiates".

Anyway, I fell out and woke up and I guess i fell out with one leg straight out, and my other leg I was sitting on.

I woke up and my right leg was completely asleep and would not wake up. I was worried there was permanent nerve damage and that I may lose my right leg. Luckily after that day, my leg returned to normal. Scary stuff.

As for dangerous drug combos benzos + opiates/alcohol , and mixing multiple serotonergic drugs like fentanyl, zoloft, paxil, prozac, dxm, methadone even, effexor, etc... put you in danger of serotonin syndrome, and the benzos+opiates/alcohol combo put you in danger of respiratory depression causing you to stop breathing. Both conditions are EXTREMELY DANGEROUS AND CAN BE OFTEN DEADLY.

Hope this post helps. I know i may have posted about this a while back on the previous page, but since the thread is active again, it doesn't hurt to post again. Be safe everybody and RESEARCH YOUR DRUGS BEFORE USING THEM.

Please don't use this thread to ask about how certain combos will affect you, this thread is purely about posting dangerous drug interactions and the pharmacology behind it

Mixing Gabapentin with Alcohol, especially before you are used to the effects Gabapentin has on you. I'm an extremely opiate and benzo tolerant person (addict). So I thought nothing of taking a couple Gabapentin and then drinking some weak ass Coors Light. I think I had about 2 beers down when I decided to get up and grab another from the kitchen. I'm an alcohol light-weight, but fuck me. I was mentally clear, but as soon as I stood up I knew I was gonna be crashing right back down, most likely onto the floor. Experienced the motor control loss I'd associate with much more alcohol, 6 Coors Lites, or 3 craft beer 22ozs. It was embarrassing as hell to be unable to stand up after just 2 Coors. Gabapentin + Alcohol = Very dangerous. Extreme synergy.

And of course, don't be like me and mack a couple 2mg Klonopins or Xan bars and then shoot up untested China White. Almost died for sure. Didn't even manage to get the cap back on the rig before I was out, miracle I lived. This fentanyl shit was like so potent. I got a hell of a fucking tolerance, no lie. And yet I now think twice, maybe thrice before touching that CW. Literally shot maybe 3-4 matchsticks worth of the powder and almost died. And I've been shooting Opiates with benzos on board, or speedballs for quite a while. This shit was so strong it wasn't even pleasurable.

I used to come out of an h nod totally naked, put my clothes back on, nod out again, wake up naked, and so on for hours. Didn't know that was common. Speaking of heroin, taking it while on certain antidepressants (Lexapro for me) is almost always a mistake.