• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: Somatic Swirly Sepia Summer Sausage Stage Set Suppository

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in upstate NY and in a small town where there is plenty of nature and we have a garden. It is lovely! I have a special relationship with apple trees, wild and cultivated, and with maples, particularly Norway maples.

In terms of the US, I'd say visit NYC for the art and culture: the museums are amazing, and the food is delicious if you know where to look. But I wouldn't plan on staying very long. Also, see the Redwoods and Sequoias!

I was just reading through some of my old trip reports... it's so weird revisiting the places I was during those times. Particularly, I noticed all the rationalizations I was always making about my relationship then, trying to convince myself it was a good thing when in reality it was extremely detrimental to me. I was rationalizing being in it, rationalizing her rage/abuse, and rationalizing hiding my psychedelic use from her. It seems weird that I used to be like that. But it's good to remember also.

how is your ex doing, if that's alright to ask? i remember that her mental health seemed to be slipping quickly towards the end of your relationship.

It's hard to say, I never really talk to her. She seems pretty shaky still. She never shares how she is doing with me when we do talk, but she definitely seems better than before she left. However, she still lives with her mom and is barely working, that much I know. Right now I am still technically married to her, I have been trying to get her to help me push it along, but soon I may have to just serve her with papers... I'd rather not do that though, it would be better if it could all be done with communication. My girlfriend kind of thinks it's funny I'm still married, it's not an issue for her, but it's starting to feel weird to me. It's been quite a long time now.

Just took my teaching certification exam. I'm 50/50 on if I failed or not, have to make a 240/300 to pass, not sure how that grade scale works. Anyways, I thought I would feel relieved and free after I took it, but instead I'm still stuck with the same anxiety, at least till the score is posted... It was 140 questions, multiple choice, but somehow I took 4 hours to finish it.

Something happened to me a few years ago in college, I'm not sure what, I almost blame psychedelics, but I'm an extremely slow and meticulous and self-doubting test taker. I go over the same questions over and over again, even when I know I have the right answer. In high school I was that kid who always finished his exam before everyone else, nowadays it's more like I'm that kid who always holds everyone else back by taking too long to finish. It's really frustrating, and I can only hope that this will be the last exam I ever take; if I pass, and I never go to grad school, I'll be done with exams for life... if I failed, then I'll have to take it again in two months, and hope I can get over this self doubt.

Just feeling pretty morose about all this. Who knows if teaching will even be for me, and if it's not... I'll be set back again by months, if not years on advancing my life. Ugh...

Last edited:
you should probably decide where you wanna go in america based off your preference of the climate and culture but if I had to recommend somewhere I would say california and colorado are the spots that make me most proud to be an american. specifically the great redwood forest and the mountains are pretty awesome. San Francisco, LA, and San Diego are all definitely worth visiting IMO. Denver is pretty awesome too if you know some friendly people to stay with for a little. in terms of the east coast I would probably first recommend NYC/philadelphia or florida. I haven't been to las vegas but I plan on going soon!

I love america even though its like the weird bastard stepchild of the world trying to eat its father

thanks brotha, I haven't posted in here in forever. I love the new thread title though haha.

I recently went to freeform which was like another world, yet again. I recklessly dosed DOC crystal and it actually turned out to be like the perfect intensity level! my face hurt from smiling so much.

I had a lot of ketamine, and I really gotta say its kinda low on the tier of my favorite dissociatives at this point. It's kinda hard to decide whether I like MXE or 3meoPCP better but I think both are way nicer than K. I wonder what 3-meo-PCP combined with GHB would be like :D

I feel like microdosing DOC somewhat regularly would somehow be really beneficial to me. anyone know of any threads about this?

You could bring it up in the DOC thread. I can say I've done that before, and it's definitely nice. But for me these days, even a microdose of DOC will keep me up at least 18 hours if not more, so you better get on it first thing in the morning. If sleep is had sufficiently, I don't find it to be draining at all.

Well after an acid trip at Joshua Tree with my ex-girlfriend I now know that I am supposed to be with her. She's dating another dude yet still is in love with me as I am her and pretty much without exactly saying it is telling me that she wants to be with me but knows she's supposed to be with him right now to teach him lessons and him her. Which I understand, I know that will most likely happen a few times between us. But still, damn is it hard to see her with another man. Even though I know within my soul that I am hers and her mine.

Tough yet lovely times.

If anyone is interested, here is a jam we did on my birthday... 11 minutes long, we started jamming on a feel that I've been doing lately, and then our female lead singer started spontaneously singing some lyrics she has been writing over it. Now we're working on tightening it up and structuring it more, as our latest song. :)

https://soundcloud.com/gornto/6-7-16-starstuff-song-jam-with-will

It was also the first thing we played with the guy who is probably going to be our new bass player.

I was just reading through some of my old trip reports... it's so weird revisiting the places I was during those times. Particularly, I noticed all the rationalizations I was always making about my relationship then, trying to convince myself it was a good thing when in reality it was extremely detrimental to me. I was rationalizing being in it, rationalizing her rage/abuse, and rationalizing hiding my psychedelic use from her. It seems weird that I used to be like that. But it's good to remember also.

I love writing trip reports for that very reason. The content of a trip always heavily reflects your circumstances / thoughts / feelings, so writing trip reports is a great way of incidental journal-keeping. I find it really fun to go back and read old trip reports. The other day I was looking at my pencil-and-paper (old-fashioned, right?) real-time log of my very first acid trip when I was only fourteen years old. I wrote:

There will be this, there will be that; be that as it may, let it be!

That pretty much sums up the basic philosophy that I've developed with acid over the years. That was a magical time. Also, it was the only trip in which I had full-on auditory hallucinations of complex classical music.

I'm an extremely slow and meticulous and self-doubting test taker. I go over the same questions over and over again, even when I know I have the right answer [...] nowadays it's more like I'm that kid who always holds everyone else back by taking too long to finish.

I've always been that kid. I'm obsessive about stuff sometimes. It can be an advantage as well as a disadvantage. It helped me in math quite a bit.

Who knows if teaching will even be for me, and if it's not... I'll be set back again by months, if not years on advancing my life.

No you won't. I've found that it's extremely important to have a diversely varied education. If you have to go back to school for another subject, your path toward getting a teaching certificate will be an asset to you in your next endeavor. Sometimes it honestly feels MORE important to spend time learning a secondary subject than a primary subject.

There is nothing is more musical than a sunset. He who feels what he sees will find no more beautiful example of development in all that book which, alas, musicians read but too little - the book of Nature. -- Claude Debussy

Watching a sunset is more informative to a musician than reading a book of music theory! (On that note, let's hear some Debussy! The Sunken Cathedral... haunting.)

Last edited:
what the fuck is going on in Orlando

Some 2 year old got killed by an alligator on property belonging to the Disney corporation, there's gonna be a big lawsuit. Talk about the worst family vacation ever. I remember seeing an alligator in some little drainage stream in the ditch on the side of the parking lot at Disney World as a kid. There are alligators friggin' everywhere in that state (let us not forget that one of Orlando's most popular tourist destinations is Gatorland).

tnw said:
oh, just american things.

At this point, the strongest thing I feel when there's a mass shooting is annoyance that the news wastes so much time covering it during/in the immediate aftermath of the event, before anything is even known, just yak yak yakking.

Last edited:
It all seems like some big conspiracy sometimes. I mean, what the hell has gotten into people?

Our society is sick, that's what. The things that actually matter and that actually fulfill people are minimized and devalued, and they're replaced by forces that try to turn us into addicts of various empty and trivial things (media, drugs, food, the latest and hottest material possessions, etc). Advertisements bombard us and try to make us feel inadequate so we buy their shit. Kids are given powerful stimulants and other drugs when they show signs of being different ("disruptive/difficult"), and made to feel like there's something wrong with them. Community support and togetherness is dwindling. The result is an absolute epidemic of various mental illnesses and general confusion and unhappiness. It takes a lot of awareness and effort to not be pulled into that cycle. And some people handle it better than others. Some people can ignore it and find their own fulfillment, some people suffer from long-term depression and/or anxiety, and some people get a gun and blow a bunch of people away.

:\

In other news, I'm fucking covered in mosquito bites. Motherfuckin' vampiric parasites.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more with your comment, Xorkoth.

I can understand why it may look like a big "conspiracy", but in the end it is society as a whole that allow what's going on. The way we are living in is what allows for all this to happen, and everyone of us is responsible of changing it. We are agree being part of a game that gives all the conditions for the stupefying of culture, the rise our violence and hatred, and the consequent fear of others that keeps feeding the vicious cycle. Of course, those who are being benefited by the current state of things will do their best effort to keep it that way. Those in control won't show us any alternative to how we live. But that's not a conspiracy, it's politics. After all electoral democracy is founded in the very notion of propaganda. It's important to keep eyes wide open, and a honest and active self-critique. The responsibility is in all of us. We are indeed a sick society, but we have the power to heal ourselves. Psychedelics have showed me that self-awareness can go a long way.

Talking about fear of others, I find it kind of weird that this Orlando shooting was in any way linked to ISIS. I think if ISIS really has accolades organizing inside of the US, it would make much sense to e that their most notorious terrorist target would be the LGBT community, which isn't by any mean a big "enemy" of the Islamic State. It makes more sense to me that this was just the act of a criminally insane that self-proclaimed it's loyalty to ISIS as part of his delirium/delusions. But the fact that he did that, poses an interesting cross-linking of cultural phenomenons. Conservative Homophobia, the gun ownership issue, AND fear of the Islam kind of collided into one strange and culturally complex tragedy. And I've noticed that this has brought a very weird debate: There's the very polarized tendency to blame Islam (fear of others) or blame the easy access to guns that Americans have (Which in the end is founded by fear of others).

What do you guys think of this? I wold like to read you opinions. I personally find it sad that ignorance and violence is pulling us further and further away from understanding and accepting each others, what happened now fuels western/eastern hatred. And make it a whole lot more complex to understand our world's current situation. As a Foreigner it looks crazy to me that one can have such easy acces to fire-weapons in the states, but maybe someone here can tell me if there is any use for them that is not founded in violence ? I mean they are specifically designed for killing. So what good could come from them ? I understand that now it has kind of become a vicious cycle of having guns so then criminals dont have the gun monopoly, but still its's kind of crazy to live with that fear.

I don't know, I think I'm just rambling from the beginning of this post lol, I better stop.

But what happened in orlando is a really sad and complex phenomenon because it puts so much on the table. Does anyone else want to share ideas ?

I am disgusted by the media coverage of the event (as usual, I'm ALWAYS disgusted by the media coverage of any-fucking-thing in this country). The way they do it is to present the issue in such a way as to inflame both sides, which only serves to further divide and cause conflict. I felt the same way about the link to ISIS... before I even knew he had proclaimed he was with ISIS, I thought to myself, terrorist groups don't discriminate who they terrorize, why would they specifically go after an LGBT community? It sounds a lot more like an individual consumed with prejudice and fear about that group who decided to commit an atrocity. And now everyone is getting all stirred up about the divisive issues (made infinitely more divisive by the 2-party system and the media organizations in their pockets) of non-heteronormative people being sinners, and fear of Muslims, and gun control.

As far as gun control in America, it's absolutely a fucking crazy situation. I think guns should be legal, both because there are valid uses for (some of) them, like hunting, or simply going to a shooting range for fun, but it's absolutely insane that you can buy military-grade assault weapons. And there are background checks for buying guns at stores, but at gun shows, there are absolutely no restrictions, anyone can go in and buy a gun, including assault weapons. NO ONE who isn't fighting in a war needs automatic or semiautomatic assault weapons. You don't need an AK-47 to hunt a deer. You use an AK-47 to kill people, that's what it's for. It boggles my fucking mind that people are able to get weapons like that here. If he had only been able to get a regular pistol or something, he might have managed to hit a few people, instead of hitting 100 and killing 49.

It's kind of complex though. I mean ideally I wish guns didn't even exist, or that we had never allowed them perhaps aside from hunting rifles. But, there is a huge gun culture in America, which began at its inception as a result of the war of independence from Britain, and the exploration of the vast frontier where protection was needed. The second amendment was written (the right to bear arms) because we had just defended ourselves from our then-overlords, and the idea was that the people should never be defenseless against authority. But it has turned into an obsession. The fact is, guns are incredibly easy to get illegally here, and criminals will be able to get them easily whether they're legal or not. It could be disastrous if suddenly everyone not willing to buy them on the black market didn't have one, and the people with guns knew that. Or, maybe it wouldn't, I don't know. I know I've never owned a gun, though I have fired them, and I don't plan to. But sometimes I think maybe it would be a good idea to have one... I mean you never know. Some crazy breaks into my house, maybe I would wish I had one. Or, one time a bear almost broke into my house, a big ass bear who smelled the food i was cooking (he pushed on the door but decided against it... but it's a glass door, he easily could have come in). If that had happened, I wouldn't have had anything to defend myself but a knife, and I don't fancy taking on a bear with a knife.

^ the shooter's father, Seddique Mateen, has direct ties to the Taliban and ran for president of Afghanistan.

the Koran specifically says that homosexuals should be murdered.

you should look into what they do to homosexuals in the middle east. throw them off of roofs, stone them, shoot them, etc.

^ the shooter's father, Seddique Mateen, has direct ties to the Taliban and ran for president of Afghanistan.

the Koran specifically says that homosexuals should be murdered.

you should look into what they do to homosexuals in the middle east. throw them off of roofs, stone them, shoot them, etc.

Dudes father also has many suspect gov/gov agency ties. Both if the florida shooters had ties to tge same security company. This same security company keepa popping up in many do.estic "terror" shootings and has CIA ties.

Do the math.

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index2055.htm

Ill be okay with citizens giveing up AK's when the cops stip getting surplus military vehickes and weapons. When they capitulate in their war in my person (WOD and everything having to do with patriot act). When Department of Homeland security arrest more terrorist than drug importers, when we stip fighting wars for oil blah blah blah and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.