Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Describe the "Endone High"

th0ughtlesss

Greenlighter
Hi guys;

A friend has little tolerance to opiates however was on Panadeine for a few days prior to now for pain.
She took 10mg Endone, waited an hour, nothing, then had another 5mg. Now only really feels the slight itch, and laziness.:\

Would it be worth re-dosing with another 5mg? She has ondansetron to combat any nausea that may be present.
She is wondering, what does the high feel like to you, and how to you personally know you're at a good place with it?

She isnt keen on snorting them and would prefer just to take them orally.;)

Considering endone is oxycodone and oral oxy has the highest bioavailability of all, with the exception of iv, roa's for oxy, oral is the best way to go.
Ime, oxy's have a warm, energetic feel. Unlike morphine or H, which have a warm, fuzzy hug feel and make me want to to chill.
I also get like a slight, crusty kind of dry feeling in my eyes. A little bit of a itchy, tingling feeling in my skin. And a weird, not bad, just weird feeling in my stomach. Like, I know it's starting to come on.
These are just how it hits me.

Yeah i find them quite stimulating for an opioid. 20mg is kind of my starting dose but i am a big guy. 30mg gets me reasonably high. Be careful though. Its a slippery fucking slope. I have managed to keep my use very irregular. I mainly take them when my back goes on me and then its usually a 20mg oxynorm IR capsule and a 40mg oxycontin ER tablet. That amount gives me good pain relief and a mild but nice buzz. Definitely go the oral route. And dont mix with benzodiazepines or booze.

Hi guys;

A friend has little tolerance to opiates however was on Panadeine for a few days prior to now for pain.
She took 10mg Endone, waited an hour, nothing, then had another 5mg. Now only really feels the slight itch, and laziness.:\

Would it be worth re-dosing with another 5mg? She has ondansetron to combat any nausea that may be present.
She is wondering, what does the high feel like to you, and how to you personally know you're at a good place with it?

She isnt keen on snorting them and would prefer just to take them orally.;)

So endone = oxycodone.

Oxy is basically a cheap opiate packaged with this other substances to stretch out the effect from 4 hours to 12 hours. In fact I believe the drug company who made this drug was trying to stretch out to 18 hours but this was utter bullshit and has caused immense problems in the US. Namely insurance companies only paying for enough pills for an 18 hour dosage cycle. Of course when this doesn't work they end up taking their pills early, running out and then trying to find more (doctor shopping, buying pills on the black market etc).

Anyway back to your question th0ughtlesss. Oxy is basically half of the equivalence of morphine 30 mg. So if you take 15 mg of oxy you end up with the effect of 30 mg of morphine. Considering the standard dose for oral morphine is 30mg basically your friend had a single standard dose over an hour.

Now if your friend is opiate naive then this dose should have been effective in reducing her pain and discomfort. I find if i take opiates for pain ontop of when i've been using that i often have to take a large dose to experience the high.

I'd be careful recommending dosing again because of the long lasting nature of oxy. If the name of the game is to get higher then perhaps she should wait another night and then instead of taking 15 over an hour take it in one hit.

and if that still doesn't do it, then wait yet another night and take 20mg in one dose, and so on.

Of course you should strongly recommend against drinking any alcohol or mixing with benzodiazepines.....especially for someone who is opiate naive (i.e. don't take opiates on a chronic basis). Its really dangerous. Sadly, and quite recently we've had a couple instances where someone has come to aus:drugs asking about opiates/dosing and then next night we've discovered they've passed away.

Please don't add to the list.

So endone = oxycodone.

Oxy is basically a cheap opiate packaged with this other substances to stretch out the effect from 4 hours to 12 hours. In fact I believe the drug company who made this drug was trying to stretch out to 18 hours but this was utter bullshit and has caused immense problems in the US. Namely insurance companies only paying for enough pills for an 18 hour dosage cycle. Of course when this doesn't work they end up taking their pills early, running out and then trying to find more (doctor shopping, buying pills on the black market etc).

Anyway back to your question th0ughtlesss. Oxy is basically half of the equivalence of morphine 30 mg. So if you take 15 mg of oxy you end up with the effect of 30 mg of morphine. Considering the standard dose for oral morphine is 30mg basically your friend had a single standard dose over an hour.

Now if your friend is opiate naive then this dose should have been effective in reducing her pain and discomfort. I find if i take opiates for pain ontop of when i've been using that i often have to take a large dose to experience the high.

I'd be careful recommending dosing again because of the long lasting nature of oxy. If the name of the game is to get higher then perhaps she should wait another night and then instead of taking 15 over an hour take it in one hit.

and if that still doesn't do it, then wait yet another night and take 20mg in one dose, and so on.

Of course you should strongly recommend against drinking any alcohol or mixing with benzodiazepines.....especially for someone who is opiate naive (i.e. don't take opiates on a chronic basis). Its really dangerous. Sadly, and quite recently we've had a couple instances where someone has come to aus:drugs asking about opiates/dosing and then next night we've discovered they've passed away.

Please don't add to the list.
Oxycontin is the extended release. Endone is 5mg instant release. Its not mixed with a polymer matrix and enteric coating for sustained release. You are right about oxycontin though. I find 6 - 8 hours is its effective timeframe not 12 hours as marketed.

Though oxycontin was never marketed at 18 hour dosages. It was 12 hour dosages. 8 am 8pm kind of thing. Except it did not last that long. As i said its 6 - 8 hours. The tamper proof version is even less effective. It did cause lots of problems as people needed 3 or 4 a day not the two that was promoted leaving people either in pain / wd or having to take more than scripted leaving them to run out early. Insurance companies would only subsidise the 12 hour dosing schedule. It created massive problems. It is still an issue here. 12 hour prescription is standard though most doctors prescribe IR oxy in the form of 5mg Endone or 10mg or 20 mg Oxynorm capsules for breakthrough pain to make up for the shortfall. The whole prescription guidelines for oxycontin need to be revised to a shorter dosage time.

Yup, 12 hours is bs, at least for the old OC's, 8 is much more realistic if eaten whole. Not sure why, when they can make hydromorphone last 12 - 16 hours with Jurnista.

I experience 2 different types of ?high? Background: I am a 37 year old male and have recently been diagnosed with cancer. I have used endone since 2006 for neck pain that lasts for 5-7 days. I go through a box (20x5mg) each time. The normal dosage is 1-2 tablets every 6 hrs, as needed.
This always gave me a feeling similar to a stimulant, very talkative and a sense of well-being.
It was perfect. A cold shower on a hot day!
The high I get now however is more like warm bath on a cold night.
The stimulant effects are still there, I can?t sleep, and have to take Temazepam for the insomnia. But it?s warm and fuzzy as opposed to refreshing and excited.
Does that make sense?
What the reason for the difference? I suspect the other medications I?m taking.
With the neck pain, it was ibuprofen and paracetamol With cancer it?s just endone.
So my suggestion try both and see for yourself.
I?m interested if anyone else has experienced the two types I described.
I know that some people take up to 80mg, and I?m only taking 10-15mg. If I take more, the euphoria seems to fade, and ironically, the pain seems to increase. I?ve only taken it for pain. Because honestly, using it recreationally is a waste. When I am in the kind of pain that feel like my bones are being twisted, you couldn?t put a price on it that would make me hand it over.
For me, the true high, that sigh of relief from being pain free.