Study: Proviron - Novel Antidepressant and Stimulant

CFC

Bluelight Crew
There's some interesting research on Proviron (mesterolone) that the guys over at Ergolog have earthed up.

It seems that Schering did a fair bit of research on the various esters of Proviron back in the 1970 and 1980s.

At higher oral doses (50mg or more per day), Proviron was equally or slightly more effective than the best typical tricyclic antidepressants of the day (this was before SSRIs had really entered the market), but without the side-effects.

At lower doses (1-20mg) Proviron was an effective psychostimulant, and that effect kicked in within 2-3 hours.

Doses of up to 450mg/day were tested and shown to be safe with very little effect on endogenous testosterone synthesis, although maximal effect was achieved at much lower doses.

You can have a look at Ergolog's article here and link through to the research papers from there.

I believe it, speaking of which just took my daily 25mg of Proviron lol. The positives far outweigh any negatives for me personally, probably because MPB doesn't run in my family. I notice a difference when I don't take it as far as mood, libido, and it seems to keep me from having to take any AIs while on trt dosages. So I'm sure I will always run it as long as it's available to me.

I always preach to people before they hop on the antidepressant train to GET BLOOD WORK. See where your levels are at, because hormone levels are one of the many causes of depression. My old manager who I was close with told me he was going through depression and always had and his pcp put him on wellbutrin and cymbalta. It helped at first but soon killed his libido, he gained weight, and was even more depressed than he was before and additionally was reliant on the drugs!

I mentioned trt and asked had he ever had his levels checked, he had them checked and was of course low, got on trt, got off the anti depressants, and is living a much greater quality of life because of it.

0KduTYW.jpg

^^ unfortunately that would be me in 3 weeks on Proviron lol. But as for mood, I used to take it on cruise and the effect always pretty positive. Good to see something backing that up.

I love proviron, but masteron is better. It's better for its psychological effects and its effects on strength and fat loss. Proviron is easier for people who don't want to inject.

How does its stimulant effects compare to things like amphetamine? Or would you say its more analogous to caffeine? Or neither but its antidepressant effects are more pronounced and may be mistaken for stimulation? I realize that last one is tough to answer.

It does seem to have two discreet effects: a classic CNS-type stimulation (sympathetic nervous) at lower doses, which is typical of most androgens. And then an antidepressant effect that only kicks in at a higher dose.

Most AAS share a similar range of psychological effects, but in different ways, probably related to the various receptors they and their metabolites interact with. Some would be completely unsuitable as an antidepressant.

It's kinda hard to compare the stimulating effect to other drugs. It doesn't feel like caffeine or classic sympathomimetic amines. Less pleasurable, but still energising. Probably more NE effect than anything else. For me anyway.

It doesn't feel like a physical stimulant like amphetamine or caffeine. I just notice that I have energy for longer workouts and I'm not that tired after work. I could take proviron at night and go to sleep with no problem.

It can give a feeling of well being that's hard to describe. Happy, optimistic, more confident. Lifting heavy weights brings almost a euphoric feeling. Not as intense as recreational drugs, but different than lifting as a natural.

Masteron feels almost the same for me but a little stronger. I didn't try either one until I was already on testosterone year round. I don't know if it's different when you aren't also taking testosterone.

I love proviron, but masteron is better. It's better for its psychological effects and its effects on strength and fat loss. Proviron is easier for people who don't want to inject.

Masteron is pretty good. Shame I have even less hair on that ;)

Masteron is pretty good. Shame I have even less hair on that ;)

I'll be 41 in a few weeks. I'm losing my hair anyway. I don't care anymore. I get it cut really short these days. I'll start shaving it off completely once the bald spot is fully there.

Steroids are more fun once you accept it and go with it. :) One less side effect to worry about.

This is true, and I shouldn't be so shallow. But without hair I look like a fucking Martian with a massive head lol.

I'd probably feel differently if I wasn't losing it already. I tried propecia in my early 30s. Big mistake. It's on the way out now anyway, so there's no need to fight it anymore.

DHT based steroids are weird in their hair effects. You might lose head hair, but you more than make up for it in body / shoulder / back hair. That's how it worked for me anyway. Untrimmed for a few months I start to look like a wookie. Tools like the mangroomer become an essential part of life.

Good mast enanthate is sometimes hard to find. A lot of it is just testosterone. Proviron can be found easily.

Good mast enanthate is sometimes hard to find. A lot of it is just testosterone. Proviron can be found easily.

Mast prop can be found easily. I'm a couple weeks in with a test c / tren ace / mast prop / deca cycle. I love the daily tren / mast injections. I bust my ass in the gym and come home to inject. It feels awesome, like I can feel myself getting stronger and leaner on a daily basis. It feels like I can up the intensity in the gym with every workout.

I tried mast e about 6 years ago. It was the real thing. Mast prop feels the same, only you feel it in 30 minutes. I've read that real mast e is hard to find these days.

Strange, the drost enanthate raw is generally cheaper, and the UG product has been more common than prop for many years where I am in the UK.

There's some interesting research on Proviron (mesterolone) that the guys over at Ergolog have earthed up.

It seems that Schering did a fair bit of research on the various esters of Proviron back in the 1970 and 1980s.

At higher oral doses (50mg or more per day), Proviron was equally or slightly more effective than the best typical tricyclic antidepressants of the day (this was before SSRIs had really entered the market), but without the side-effects.

At lower doses (1-20mg) Proviron was an effective psychostimulant, and that effect kicked in within 2-3 hours.

Doses of up to 450mg/day were tested and shown to be safe with very little effect on endogenous testosterone synthesis, although maximal effect was achieved at much lower doses.

You can have a look at Ergolog's article here and link through to the research papers from there.

Interesting CFC.... Personally I've always found Proviron to be a pretty inefficacious compound, along with Masteron... (apart from hair loss and difficulty urinating)..

I mostly only used proviron on a cruise back in the day, where it was about enough to rescue mood/libido.

Masteron can be a very nice hardening agent when sliced, really pulls out striations. But otherwise it's usually lost in most guy's multi-compound cycles. I'd never typically bother with it unless <10% (or maybe <8% ).

Proviron is a great libido booster! I tried it at 100md/day for the hell of it and had to keep tapering down to 50mg then just stop it. I'm always horny and it was just too much on proviron. Just sitting in the subway and the shaking would give me a hard on or leaning against the sink while doing dishes...

In the end, it's more of a luxury product.

Sorry, this thread is fairly old but I felt it needed revisiting. I understand proviron decreases aromatase enzymes and was curious as to how effective it is at lowering estrogen. Also, it's methylated, and wondering how harsh it is on the liver. I hear of guys running it year round on TRT. I have hep C so I am pretty cautious as to what I take. Fortunately, I'm about to start Harvoni so I'm hoping to be cured

Proviron has no interaction with aromatase enzymes and thus doesn't affect estrogen levels. It can actually displace estrogen that's bound to shbg and raise circulating estrogen levels. Decreasing estrogen sides with Proviron is mostly because of changing the androgen:estrogen ratio in favor of androgens. I'd also avoid it in your case as you already have a compromised liver. Once your harvoni regimen has been complete and your liver is healthy, then I'd give it a try.