• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Small & Handy 2-Trifluoromethyldeschloroketamine (2-TFMDCK, TFM-K) Thread

Well this disappeared off the face of the earth after a ton of hype. Not really hype just a long ass wait.

Or is this one just way to difficult to synth or more expensive compared to dke or o-pce? Or the effects suck. Really wish i knew.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys we've strayed too close to source discussion here, a name was named and that's certainly a no-no.

The synth for this one is apparently too hard to be commercially viable. Something that is common for anything with a -tfm group.

3-CF3-ethylamphetamine (fenfluramine; Pondimin) used to be a prescription weight loss drug here in the states. It had to be withdrawn from the market following widespread heart valve problems in its users, so this 2-CF3-ket may not have been the healthiest option there is. Then again, fluoxetine (Prozac) also has a trifluoro phenyl group, and no one has ever suggested it caused heart valve defects.

It wasn't the R-CF3 specifically caused problems with fenfluramine dresden, it was the fact that having that group gave it too much affinity for the 5HT-2b receptor to be used as a daily prescription medication.

Also the cost to produce some pharmaceutical and the price it is sold for don correlate nearly as much as rcs (and even then rcs are sold at the price that generates the most profit from whoever is making it, not at the minimum price that would cover production costs and the development of new compounds). With pharmaceuticals the difference is much bigger.

Not only is TFM much bulkier than chlorine, it should also withdraw much more electron density overall via resonance:
JGTRTLI.png
With that + charge delocalized over the ring, as seen in this paper that looked at different substituent effects on aromatic ring reactivity:

pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ja00341a032

Don't know how correct this is since it's been a while since I took organic chemistry, or what this would mean for 2-TFMDCK's activity vs. ketamine, but maybe someone more knowledgeable could offer some insight.
I'm interested what does this mean and how it affects the pharmacology? Is it more reactive because it's charged like that for short period of time? Or does it stay like that?

I will be trying this one if it comes my way :)

I think ketamine is one of the safest, probably second to MXE. The latest ones and 3-MEO-PCP can very easily lead to manic behaviour and a decrease in cognitive functioning in heavy use that can continue into the sober mind for weeks after and triggered worse by other drugs after. They are currently only available to a small audience, if it was like ketamine and people were using it at parties there would be some bad cases.

Ketamine and MXE both have negative physical symptoms. But old BL posts from before 2010 discuss the chronic use of ketamine that was going on when it was available. As long as your exercising, putting lots of food in your stomach and drinking plenty of water when using ketamine and its pure you shouldn't run into too many issues. I've been taking it over 6-7 years now and would use minimum 3g a session more like 14g, I'll piss more often but if I take a break for a few months it calms down. I found MXE still had similar effects in daily use for extended periods (e.g. 2-3 weeks) also. The others I think you'd be loosing the plot a bit before being able to use that long.
Dude how can you use 14 g in one session that's crazy or did I misunderstand? Do you use low amounts per day?

With K it's very easy; remember we used to get grams for a fiver in UK around 05-07-ish.

Oh hey blueberries, haven't seen you around here for a while. I was just reading a thread you started earlier this morning.

the nitrile (CN) shouldn't be hard to reach , right ?
i tried modeling this and the nitrile on iSpartan, and sometimes, i think the nitrile one was aligned with the geometry of ketamine. on this one, the CF3 (TFM) aligned once in a fluke, if i remember correctly, but didn't seem to consistantly render with the geometry of ketamine. Also, i guess, they change shape in the blood and fluids and membranes/tissues and all

idk, but nitrile shouldn't be expensive
, 2-CNDCK, 2-(CN)DCK, 2-CN-DCK
or 2-CNK 2-(CN)K, 2-CN-K

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
the nitrile (CN) shouldn't be hard to reach , right ?
i tried modeling this and the nitrile on iSpartan, and sometimes, i think the nitrile one was aligned. CF3 (TFM) aligned once in a fluke, if i remember correctly, but didn't seem to render with the geometry of ketamine. Also, i guess, they change shape in the blood and fluids and membranes/tissues and all

Ketamine is synthesized using a Grignard reaction. Nitriles are generally the first thing that Grignard reagents will react with - in fact, the standard precursor for ketamine is o-chloro-benzonitrile. So I doubt putting two reactive nitrile groups on that ring is going to be conducive to the purity of your product.

Well, if it was standard Ket, couldn't the secondary amine be protected, and then the chlorine swapped with a nitrile ala 2C-C to 2C-N (entry #22 PiHKAL) ? idk if it could be done from 2-fdck because the C-F bond is stronger, but i'm hopeful

Last edited: