⫸STICKY⫷ CD FAQ - See me first

Status
Not open for further replies.

PotatoMan

Bluelight Crew
Welcome to the Cannabis FAQ​
jNNP3uB.gif

Weed smells amazing.​

Further discussion on these FAQs can be found within the CD directory.

First Time Smoking, First Time back into Smoking after long break
HUeiC1V.jpg
Well, weed seems to be becoming more potent nowadays. I’m not too fond of ‘the good ol day green’ but I figured some tips on readjusting back into the world of smoking of just entering this world would be of use.

Start LOW – Take one hit of whatever smoking method you choose. For starters I’d always recommend a blunt, joint, spliff, bowl pack before the bong, vaporizer, dab, bubbler simply because the latter ROAs tend to be slightly to insanely more intense with low tolerance. Remember, your tolerance is LOW. 

WAIT – Just take it easy man. Either you aren’t the stoner you were or you’re trying to abuse Mary J and she’s a bad bitch when mistreated. You’ll want to ‘feel-out’ how you’re feeling within the next hour before you decide whether you want to smoke more. It is very easy to feel uncomfortable after smoking weed in the wrong setting.

RELAX – C’mon man. It’s just pot. It hasn’t been recorded to directly kill anyone as a result of ingestion. So use this bullet the next time those anxiety & paranoid thoughts come in. I prefer to call them irrational thoughts because they’re usually very stupid and can have one totally waste their high thinking that they’re going to have a panic attack.

SET&SETTING – This is the most important aspect of low tolerance and weed. You do not want to be in a setting where you’d have to worry about the law, parents or other people that will not be pleased at your ganja consumption on their property. After all, it’s their turf, they make the rules, so don’t be reckless running about in abandoned houses and trespassing just to get stoned. You’re likely to risk a freak-out if not by you, by some other space trooper.
Stay mentally grounded – Most uncomfortable drug experiences occur when the mind is not in a stable place. At least, this has been my experience. Thefact that it cannot kill me, the effects will wear off and that I only smoke in good settings are what keep me from panicking. I’ve had several panic attacks and simple deep breathing literally calms me down. Most forget to breathe and end up convincing themselves they’re going to have a heart-attack. Don’t be silly.. unless you’re smoking synthetic weed you’re safe.

Edibles/Oral Cannabis/Crackers
For ethanol extracts for oral use ("Green Dragon"), please see this thread:
[MEGA] The green dragon thread- alcohol extracts and tinctures
Edibles FAQ

Why would you eat cannabis?

Well, for one thing, it is much less hazardous to your health than is smoking. It also produces different effects from smoking.

How are the effects different?

When cannabis is smoked, there is an initial energetic “high” which is followed by a sedating “stone”. Oral cannabis produces only the “stone”. The oral cannabis experience is stronger, longer, trippier and more sedating than that produced by smoked cannabis. It can be overwhelming, even to very experienced smokers. Be careful.

Why are the effects different?

When you smoke cannabis, THC enters your system, and is gradually metabolised by the liver to 11-OH-THC, which is why you experience two phases of effects. When you eat cannabis, this metabolism occurs before it is active, so it is only the 11-OH-THC that you feel.

Do I need to heat cannabis to make it active?

Sometimes. The plant produces tetrahydrocannibinolic acid (THC-COOH), rather than THC. This compound is much less potent than THC itself, but heat will convert the acid (via a process called decarboxylation, in which the COOH group is lost) to THC. However, in properly cured cannabis, decarboxylation will have already occurred. So, basically- if the weed has been dried carefully and slowly, no, you don’t need to heat it. If not, then yes, heating will increase potency.

Does THC need to be dissolved in fat/oil/alcohol in order to be active?

No. This is a common misconception. However, you may want to make cannabutter/cannaoil so that you don’t end up with all the inactive vegetable matter in your food. It’s up to you.

What kind of food can I incorporate cannabis into?

Anything! Cakes are very popular, but your imagination is the only limit. I make shortbread; something called a “firecracker” is apparently what’s cool with the kids these days. Read the thread for more details.
Vader

What is a firecracker?

A firecracker is one of the simplest foods one can cook with cannabis. It is a small sandwich made of two crackers (any will do, no smaller than a Ritz or saltine cracker), peanut butter (Nutella is suitable as well), and ~1g of cannabis. It is very easy to make, and is no less effective at getting you stoned than other popular cannabis recipes (not including extracting oil and making hash).

Is the High Different From Smoking?

Yes, my personal experiences have usually produced a pleasant sedation and strong body stone about 45 minutes after ingestion on an empty stomach. As the high progresses (it lasts many hours, ~5 for me) the mental effects make their appearance, also very powerfully.

Well How the Fuck Do I Make Them?

You will find countless recipes on the web, many bashing others slight variations in temperature/time/ingredients. I am going to give you my recipe only, one I've compiled from many sources, along with personal trial and error.

Cannabis Pre-baking

Pre-baking is a method of potentiating (making stronger) your bud that I read on Shroomery.org It is completely optional, but makes a huge difference in strength of your bud (smoking or cooking!).
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5981362/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1
It involves heating the cannabis in the oven, converting some inactive chemicals into active chemicals in the process. Put very simply, you heat your bud, and it makes useless shit get you high instead of doing nothing. And here is how to do it

• Preheat your oven to 250 degrees F
  • Lay alluminum foil over a cooking sheet
  • Place cannabis on alluminum foil
  • Once preheated, place the tray into the oven and set the timer for 10 minutes
  • Once finished cooking, your buds should break into near dust when you roll them around in your fingers

If you're a weed snob, this procedure isn't for you. It removes almost all the scent and flavor from the bud. This scent doesn't just dissappear, it will go into your house/apartment! Read: Smells like mad weed when you do this!!! I suggest just leaving a door open, maybe with a fan. The smell dissipates in about 1.5 hours max that way.

Ingredients

A lot of people disagree on what to use in firecrackers, the following works, no question about it. :)

Crackers

You can use anything that isn't stupidly fragile, small, or made of glass. It really doesn't matter. Like I said above, no smaller than a Ritz or saltine cracker. Don't use bread, it is asking for trouble (may seem useless to mention that, but apparently someone has done it)

Peanut Butter

Almost everyone will tell you "Oh my god use organic/natural peanut butter or it won't absorb the THC/other actives". I'm telling you that it does make a difference, but not because its natural, but because it is high in fat. If you have cooking oil or butter you can use whatever factory produced hydrogenated oil containing peanut butter you want. So no need to spend extra cash on 'Supah natural organic anti-establishment butter'.

*Skip this if you already have natural PB*

Take a nice heap of peanut butter and put it in a small dish (that you can mix in). Put in about 2-3 spoons full of cooking oil/olive oil/melted butter with the peanut butter. Mix that shit around real good. It will look kinda nasty, coated in oil. It doesn't keep that consistency after cooking, no worries.

The Cannabis

Cannabis, it is a plant, containing psychoactive chemicals which induce sedation, euphoria, altered thought patterns, shifted perspective, and effects that generally go great in a peanut butter sandwich.

You can use whatever kind of bud you want, I used some low end mids in all of mine, still worked great. I never used a scale, but about 1 gram was put into each cracker. Except the devil cracker, which we will discuss later. 8o

If you have no scale, you can assume that 1g of fluffy shake (which you should have, no stems, no seeds) is about half a golf ball.

You want the cannabis to be as close to powder as possible, if you pre-baked it, this can be done easily with your fingers. Obviously no stems, your body cannot digest stems, meaning they come out whole. If you insist on using them, grind them first.

Preparation

• Spread PB on both crackers
  • Put weed on peanut butter (add chocolate chips for the yums)
  • mix it up as good as possible with a toothpick or something
  • Sandwich them together
  • Wrap each firecracker in aluminum foil, making them look like Hersheys kisses optional.

Because of the complexity of this process, I took the liberty of animating it.

http://www.truploader.com/view_upload.php?id=260379

Cooking

I don't know how much wiggle room there is for this step, so just do as I say! :)

• Preheat oven to 320 degrees F
  • Place wrapped firecrackers on baking sheet
  • Once heated, place the firecrackers into oven.
  • Set timer for 23-25 minutes
  • Let cool once finished :)

Consumption

I've heard that these babies last a while without loss of effectiveness. For example, some dude left one in his backpack for over a year and ate it, got him just as high!

It seems most people dislike the taste of these, in my opinion they taste delicious. Just like say......peanut butter and weed! Yeah that's what it tastes like, straight up bud and p-nut butter. You should eat them on an empty stomach for faster absorption, it takes a LONG time if you eat a meal first.

The Devil Cracker - Warning to the Reckless

Well I was prepping a batch of firecrackers with my friend, when we realized our peanut butter was greatly out numbered by our weed. We had a damn large amount of weed left (for the situation), almost 3 firecrackers worth. Well instead of packing up and smoking the bud, we put it all in one fucking cracker. The PB literally turned green when we mixed it. We wrapped the tinfoil into little devil horns.

I ate one normal cracker, and SPLIT the devil cracker with my friend. Long story short, after 3 hours of preposterous levels of inebriation, I just couldn't take it anymore. Never puked from weed until that night, I puked A LOT. After 5-6 hours we all pretty much loss consciousness. So yeah, don't do that. Thank god I didn't eat that whole cracker.

FAQ

Problem: Fuck! I am allergic to peanuts!

Solution: Nutella is a chocolate spread, that does not contain any peanuts, although it is Hazlenut flavored. From the www.nutellausa.com FAQ:

Does Nutella® contain any peanuts?
Nutella® hazelnut spread does not contain peanuts or peanut ingredients, nor does the product come in contact with peanuts during manufacturing.

Problem: I live with my parents, I can't smell up my house!

Solution: Firecrackers don't smell at all cooking! At least not like weed, it smells like an off-peanut buttery smell. This is probably due to the aluminum foil.

Problem: My firecrackers didn't work! Wah!

Solution: Are you sure you used enough weed? Could your oven temperatures be inaccurate? Did the firecracker make it to your mouth?

Cooking With Cannabis Otherwise

I usually cook with pot i don't want to smoke. Ask your dealer for some shake, they're usually glad to get rid of it. I shake the keif fromt he budshake and then use whats left. when i make butter i like to have at least 2 oz of material. the more the better. If you have some potent buds, you may not want to use as much, but i'd rather smoke the buds

• you need:
• big pasta pot
• big bag a' pot
• 1 and 1/3 stick butter
• cheesecloth or nylon stocking
• gloves (yellow dishwashing ones are fine.. the thicker the better though
• because the butter gets hot)
• tall somewhat flexible plastic cups
• chopsticks or similar
• refrigerator

For a OZ, use 1 and 1/3 sticks of butter. (1 stick=1/2 cup) A bit will get lost in the buds so this way you'll have 1/2 a cup for your recipe.

first grind up the bud into a fine powder or as close as possible to it. try to break down the big stems this will help later

boil some water in a big pot that has a lid. put the butter in while it's warming up. once the butter is melted and the water is boiling, toss in the bud.

let it barely simmer for at least 5 or 6 hours.. this makes sure you extract all of the thc and also 'activates it' or de-carbo-something which im too lazy to look up right now

once it's been simmer for a long time your house should smell pretty nappy. smoke a bowl of the kind to help with that. then get the gloves on

i use nylon stockings for this part but cheese cloth is apparently the prefered strainer. scoop, pour or otherwise get the butter/bud into the strainer over the plastic cup a nylon is cool cause you can get a lot in the tube. sqeeze the fuck out of it. watch out for stems which might rip the strainer

once you've strained all the butter, put in a chopstick or two to make it easier to get the butter out later. stick the cup in the fridge over night.

the next day, run a bit of hot water over the cup and pull on the chopsticks.. the butter will come out. do this over the sink because there is a bunch of nasty brown water under the butter. there might be a knappy layer of white/brown stuff on the bottom of the butter.. run it under hot water until it is gone.

if you did it right you should have a big hunk of green butter. i melt it down a bit in the microwave and put it in a tupperware until i use it. i recommend using it in a day or two cause it goes bad quickly. use the butter in a recipe where you'd use regular butter.

some people arent used to the eating high.. it is more of a body high. if you smoke during the same time period you may just think it was from what you smoked, but you should notice you feel high for much longer, and usually i wake up with 'pot hangover' if i eat them too late at night

Weed combination Summary

Cannabis is one of the most used background drugs to date. Users find enjoyment within smoking weed/hash on many other drugs. The jist of it, is that with a low tolerance to weed/hash/wax, one can easily trigger panic whilst using it alone and far easier with drugs that are known to cause anxiety and paranoia (Psychedelics, Stimulants). Basically THC amplifies the stimulating properties of drugs like cocaine, amphetamine, LSD and it will also intensify the psychedelic experience as well as the effect of dissociatives. One should be very careful when mixing with the previous drugs due to the new feel that our pal THC can bring to the table ;). Otherwise, in combination with downers, specifically alcohol, benzos and opiates/opioids, it is known to have a very synergistic effect where the depressants ease the edge of the THC and thus provides a much more relaxing high. But, as always with this side of cannabis use, one should be extra careful to not slip into downer addiction.

The Natural Progression
I have an opinion about weed and would like to share it to help others, and would love to see support from anybody else who feels the same way.

I have a super thread here: [MEGA]Idiosyncratic/Unusual Responses to Cannabis. I would like to branch off of that and help non-smokers with a different approach. I first smoked around age 15. I was blown away at how psychedelic it was to me. I would try it with friends or in parties and be blown away by how powerful it was. I didn't really like it but would continue semi-regular use when prompted by friends. This timeline below will help visualize how I personally adapted from being ignorant with weed to a 'pothead'.

+1 month smoking.

• Smoked a few days in a row because me and my friends had an eighth and we were all first trying it out.
• After the first I would feel it start to take me over
• Next thing I would know I am taken over and my thoughts are completely discombobulated.
• It is interesting. But overall annoying and too psychedelic. I was disoriented and confused. But high to say the least
• My preferred range to smoke would of been 2-3 hits from a bowl

+12 months smoking

• I would smoke one blunt an average of 20 days w/ a friend
• The high still did the same to me, blew me away and was overall uncomfortable
• I would never try to cop weed, I only smoked when my friends offered ~once a month
• Still too "trippy" of a high to enjoy, just got f*cked up.
• Extreme paranoia in front of sober authorities. (School etc...)
• This is while I was in a group home. The routine was smoke, corner store, munchies, home, bedroom, be paranoid. ~once a month
• This was smoking about every 20 days.

+24 months smoking

• I would say it isn't until 2 years after I first smoked I started smoking regularly.
• Senior year for school & sports ended. Had nothing to care about.
• Forced myself to smoke every day because there was nothing else to do and I was more open to experimenting.
• ALAS! The high finally starts to change.
• After about a 3 week binge of smoking non-stop, the high finally develops into something greater and more enjoyable.

The high DOES change. It is enjoyable. You learn that people do not have "weed vision" and how to reduce any anxiety caused from weed. The high just becomes raw enjoyable. It is like smoking a cigarette, maybe taking an Adderall if your are prescribed. (A.K.A Not a big deal, just a small buzz) Slowly you will find it becoming a daily, enjoyable event. My point of this thread is to show how there is a GOOD SIDE TO WEED, not matter what bad you have seen or experiences. It takes self control to reduce anxiety and most of weed's mental side effects are controllable. Simply said you just need to smoke a lot more, but this is my personal story of how I did it. I would be curious when reading reports where people would smoke a blunt while waiting for a small hydrocodone dose for example. All I would think is how the weed would greatly overpower any other emotions/problems/highs for 4 solid hours. This all changes but ultimately tolerance will not be acquired if you do not have some sort of smoking binge. I look forward to other's opinion in regards to this process of weed tolerance and their story.

All in all, its just a little weed

Methods Of smoking FAQ

"Which method of smoking cannabis is the best?"

Well, this is a subjective matter. A poll has been added, so you can see what other people think. However, it is important to note that some methods are objectively healthier, than others.

Well, which method is healthiest then?

Vaporising. When you use a vaporiser, you are not lighting the plant material and inhaling the thousands of different chemicals that combustion produces, as you are with any other method. You are only boiling off some of the material present in the plant, including the THC (the stuff that gets you high). If you are going to smoke, then a pipe or bong is better than a joint. Blunts (cannabis rolled in tobacco leaf) and spliffs (joints rolled with tobacco) are worse again, as smoking these is smoking tobacco, and taking all the risks that are entailed by that.

Wait...aren’t bongs healthier than normal pipes because they filter out the tar?

NO! A study showed that bongs actually filter out proportionally more THC than they do tar, meaning you have to inhale more smoke to get the desired effect. Bongs are efficient, no doubt, but they are often thought to be healthier than they really are.

Can I make my own pipe/bong/vaporiser?

Yes, but there are ways of going about it which are sensible and thorough, and ways of going about it which are sloppy and lazy and will result in a device which is hazardous to your health. See this thread;
[MEGA] Home-made/repaired pipes, bongs and vapes.
for more info.

Making Hash FAQ
Q: What is hash?
A:"Hashish" or "hash" is the name given to an agglomeration of the capitate-stalked glandular trichomes (the resin glands or "crystals") of the cannabis plant. These resin glands contain the highest concentration of cannabinoids to be found anywhere on the plant. Hashish generally takes the form of a brownish solid, which can range in texture from soft and malleable to hard and brittle or fluffy and crumbly. It is a concentrated form of cannabis.

Q: What is hash oil?
A: "Hash oil" is a concentrated extract of cannabis that is made chemically, rather than physically. It is a liquid that can be runny or thick, black or golden, depending on a number of factors. It can be extremely strong.

Q: How can I make hash?
A: The first hash was made by hand-rubbing. You are unlikely to want to use this labour-intensive, inefficient method. You can choose to make sieved hash or water-extracted hash. Most Western hashmakers use the water method. This results in high yields of a very potent product. However, the water washes away much of the flavour of the hash.

Q: What can I make hash from?
A: Hand-rubbed hash is made from living plants. Sieved hash is generally made from flowers ("buds"). Water-extracted hash and hash oil can be made from pretty much any cannabis material, including trim that would otherwise be disposed of.

Q: So, I have to choose one of these methods?
A: Not necessarily. There is nothing stopping you from making some sieved hash, using the same cannabis to make water-hash, and then re-using it to make oil from.

Q: Why would I want to do this?
A: Some people (myself included) just prefer smoking hash to cannabis. It has a different flavour, and can have a different effect profile. Some people want something more potent than weed; Grade A bubblehash or BHO certainly fulfil this requirement. Some people (usually growers) want to make use of trim that would otherwise be thrown away.

Q: Is it difficult?
A: No!

Synthetic Noids
DISCLAIMER: Synthetic cannabinoids are research chemicals with short histories of usage and harsh known side-effects. All content in this thread should be considered experimental, please be aware and be safe by cross-referencing compound specifics and safe dosage amounts with as many sources as possible!

Thread Index this is a work in-progress

FAQ:

Questions You Should Not Ask:

1) What is in blend "XYZ".
-We don't know. Vendors will not give out this information as it opens them up to lawsuit. It is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH safer to use RCs when you know what fucking RC you are ingesting.
The distributor isn't going to tell you what's in it, and I'm not going to pay for GC/MS on a blend, I don't know about you. I don't think that there's an easy reagent test a la Marquis that could be used to differentiate cannabinoids easily (the existing reagents might be able to, but stoners are lazy so no-one's bothered to find out). What would be the real HR value anyway, given that all of the drugs in these blends are totally unresearched? There are also a huge number of these blends, if we were going to start somewhere it would be the various Spice and K2 blends, not some obscure blend you bought in your local area. If you really want to know what you're putting in your body, stay away from propietary blends and make your own from known amounts of cannabinoids and herbs that you acquire, pure, yourself, or, better yet, smoke cannabis.

2) "I am having XYZ side effects. What could this be caused by?
- Likely by ingesting an unknown chemical that we cannot possibly help you identify.

3) "Are these drugs safe?"
- We do not know. We will not know for some time. Perhaps we will never know for sure. There is very little information about the large majority of these RCs.

4) What color should XYZ be?

- Depends on variant. Pure JWH for most variants are going to be white to off white scale. There is a guide on how to clean your JWH if you think it is suspect in the previous thread. Use the Search Engine.

5) Is JWH water soluable?
- Only use pure, food grade acetone. PURE ACETONE.

6) Can I inhale JWH/powdered forms?
- Yes, but why you would do this is beyond me. First, it's a waste. Second, if you have pure form JWH, why the hell wouldn't you just eat it or smoke it. Don't bother blowing something that isn't water soluable. Waste. And stupid.

7) I bought a prepackaged blend - can I somehow cook with this?
- Shut up. I told you not to buy those pre-packed blends - they are robbery, dirty, and you don't know what they are putting into it. Some have been known to contain WASTE PRODUCTS from the process of making JWH that is TOXIC. If you are dead-set on this, you can try an acetone wash, though what these blends contain is a crap shoot.

8 ) is XZY more safe than XZY2?
- Some are less risky than others. You can do the research on this yourself. I suggest wiki, and bluelight's vast database of information. JWH 250's missing N-ring provides some evidence that it is less carcinogenic than others.

9) Just how unsafe are these?
- Get it through your head. We are the guinnee pigs for these new designer drugs. Use wisely, and with the acceptance that you may grow a third arm or your dick might fall off. Or it might get bigger. Who knows.

10 ) Can I eat this?
- In it's powdered form, yes, though some are more potent than others. Eating JWH will involve a solid 5-8 hours of being very high. Watch your dosages, you can always dose up but you can never dose down. Don't forget that. Also, don't try high dosages unless you can handle some extreme panic. If you can handle a bad LSD trip, you might have a grasp on what a high dose can do to you.

Warning: If you insist upon using synthetic cannaboids, use them in their pure form, and learn to make your own blends. I have posted a video guide on how to do this in the last edition of this thread. You can do the work finding it.

So, what can you ask?

Anything that has not been covered before. Any editions to the "don't bother asking" list, PM me and it will be considered.

Last edited:
Nice FAQ. I've only one thought on this.

Do I need to heat cannabis to make it active?

Sometimes. The plant produces tetrahydrocannibinolic acid (THC-COOH), rather than THC. This compound is much less potent than THC itself, but heat will convert the acid (via a process called decarboxylation, in which the COOH group is lost) to THC. However, in properly cured cannabis, decarboxylation will have already occurred. So, basically- if the weed has been dried carefully and slowly, no, you don’t need to heat it. If not, then yes, heating will increase potency.
Out of the hundreds of legally tested and properly cured flower I have bought not one of them had a greater tested THC to THCA ratio than 1:4, i.e non of them were "decarbed". The only thing curing has in coming with decarbing is time...and most people don't have the time that it actually takes to decarb, thus the reason for heat.

most flower i've seen has a ratio of 1:100 THC to THCA or less

And while we are updating this, let's not forget how serious a problem stupid people (i.e. nOObs reading this thread) and making BHO has become.

The fire hazards are so frequent (just google BHO explosions and find out for yourself) that it's now a FELONY in Colorado to make BHO yourself. I agree with that law too, especially in a legal state why be so stupid as to extract your own BHO? Just dumb.

And while we are updating this, let's not forget how serious a problem stupid people (i.e. nOObs reading this thread) and making BHO has become.

The fire hazards are so frequent (just google BHO explosions and find out for yourself) that it's now a FELONY in Colorado to make BHO yourself. I agree with that law too, especially in a legal state why be so stupid as to extract your own BHO? Just dumb.
But where is the Harm Reduction strategy? one may ask

It's easy, if you are in CO and grow your own and want BHO you can send it into a legal facility which would make a higher quality than you could do at home anyway.

If you aren't in a legal state, there are also options such as making rosin using heat and a press which pose no explosion threats. As a bonus there is also no unpurged butane left behind in rosin.

Have fun and don't blow yourself up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice FAQ. I've only one thought on this.

Out of the hundreds of legally tested and properly cured flower I have bought not one of them had a greater tested THC to THCA ratio than 1:4, i.e non of them were "decarbed". The only thing curing has in coming with decarbing is time...and most people don't have the time that it actually takes to decarb, thus the reason for heat.

most flower i've seen has a ratio of 1:100 THC to THCA or less

But where is the Harm Reduction strategy? one may ask

It's easy, if you are in CO and grow your own and want BHO you can send it into a legal facility which would make a higher quality than you could do at home anyway.

If you aren't in a legal state, there are also options such as making rosin using heat and a press which pose no explosion threats. As a bonus there is also no unpurged butane left behind in rosin.

Have fun and don't blow yourself up!

yeah the info is mostly compiled from the CD directory. i'll have to make updates on it.

thank you for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.